After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...

Discus and support After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After inserting CD, the tool used to automatically start playing music using CD player app. Today when I put in a CD, it does not automatically... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MuralAuthor1463, Oct 18, 2017.

1. After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...

After inserting CD, the tool used to automatically start playing music using CD player app.

Today when I put in a CD, it does not automatically activate CD player app but jumped to app store asking me to download "Groove"...

Every time I insert a CD, it jumps to that app store screen !!!

I was forced to turn off the auto-play function in the setting screen and manually select CD player to play the music.

How do I auto-play my CD using the CD player app???

:)

MuralAuthor1463, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Music Groove, Music autostart, audio cd

Hi

I experience some problems with brand new bought xbox one x. (All updates done after buy). Scenario:

0. I set autostart options in menu settings -> CD.

1. I inserted original audio cd disc to console.

2. Console redirecting me to Store to install Music Groove, I installed software.

3. I clicked launch, and received an info message (attached as picture).

3a. Cant do anything with the app, cd audio is not playing

4. I turn off console, insert disc to console, console is automaticallly turn on (energy savings = instant), start music groove app and still same message.

4a.Cant do anything with the app, cd audio is not playing

5. I checked maybe something wrong is with cd, change to another one - same problem. Repeat steps 3 and 4.

6. I installed famous "audio cd player" to check maybe something wrong with cd drive. I launched app automatically starts play inserted both disc.

6. I turn off console, insert disc to console, console is automaticallly turn on (energy savings = instant), unfortunatelly music groove appstarting again (i though maybe "audio cd player" will be fired) and still same message. I launched "audio cd player"
    and it is again it's work.

My question is:

1. Could I change deafult player, in order to "audio cd player" start automatically after inserting a disc to console?

2. Should I do something extra with music groove app to force automatically load and play insterted cd? Why music groove not work? I read about MS-spotify venture, but traditional M Groove app should work.

3. Is it true that only option to play cd audio are "depracted" M GRoove or "audio cd player". No other apps?

I know it's console (play music for this device is not a main purpose) but i have seen two movies on yt which confirmed my planned scenario:

- 1 option is audi cd, automatically started, 99% it;s music groove app, date of recoriding 13.12.2017, console xonex

- it's older xone, but after inserting a cd, it is redirecting to Store, and suggests to install "audio cd player" not a Music Groove -
    which will be desired for me.

Music Groove ver: 10.17086.24714.70

Xbox One x os ver: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.171203-1700

After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ... [​IMG]

I would be very gratefull for any help and suggestions.

FullestAttic845, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Cartivarian
    Cartivarian Guest
    Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD

On my Xbox One, I have Microsoft's "Audio CD Player" installed for playing my music CDs. For some reason, every time I insert a CD, the Store is fired up and wants to install Groove Music. I don't want to use Groove music and I Uninstalled it to try to keep
    this from happening. I can't find a place to change the Default Apps like I would do on Windows.

How can I get the Audio CD Player to start when I insert a CD?

How can I get rid of any references to Groove so that it never tries to run for any purpose?

Cartivarian, Oct 18, 2017
  4. After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...

Hey there MuralAuthor1463,

The Groove Music app sort of replaced the default Audio CD app, that's why it's directing to the Groove App. If you install it the CD will still auto play, just in the Groove Music app. It's so you can get more information about the bands, give you a storefront
    to purchase newer songs and things of that nature. There's no way to change the default app, but if you'd like to see a change to it, we'd suggest posting on the Xbox Feedback website
    HERE.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 19, 2017
  5. wezmag
    wezmag Guest
    I have the same issue. I installed Groove, but it still won't play.

wezmag, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Mister Mascot Win User

After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing "Groove"?????

The Groove Music app sort of replaced the default Audio CD app, that's why it's directing to the Groove App. If you install it the CD will still auto play, just in the Groove Music app. It's so you can get more information about the bands, give you a storefront
    to purchase newer songs and things of that nature. There's no way to change the default app, but if you'd like to see a change to it, we'd suggest posting on the Xbox Feedback website
    HERE.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  7. wezmag Win User

After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing "Groove"?????

I have the same issue. I installed Groove, but it still won't play.

HERE.

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 S

The app was only for streaming music to the Xbox 360. It never had the option to rip a CD. The console itself should be able to do it without starting an app. Insert the audio CD, then press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide. Then
    move to media, select system music player, select current disc, then select rip CD.
  9. SiLeNt Ph0eNiX Win User

Music CDs

Hello,

Yes you are able to use music CD's on the Xbox 360. Nothing special you need do other then clicking play on the disc option if it doesn't start up when you insert the CD.
  10. greg_window10_instal Win User

Is there anyway to play CDs in the background?

Hello SubjectDelta004,

It's a good question. And, it seems you are not the only one asking about a "Background CD player" . Now, it is true that the Groove app
    will let you "Playing background music on Xbox One" . But, at this time it does not support playing from music CD directly. You can download and
    install the free Audio CD player app from your Xbox. However, that does not support playing background music. Once you leave the app, the music will stop. But, the opposite is not true for things you are downloading. The downloads will continue regardless
    if you are playing a CD. I know this may not be exactly what you wanted. But, it does mean you can play a music CD and download at the same time.

Also, may I suggest going over to the Xbox
    feedback
    website and vote for the "Background CD player" post. It is possible that this feature may show up in future Xbox One updates.

xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17017216-background-cd-player

support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/playing-background-music-xbox-one

xbox.uservoice.com/

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
Thema:

After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ...

1. After inserting CD, it does not start playing music but jumps to app store showing ... - Similar Threads - inserting does start

2. Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Occasionally Jigsaw crashes when inserting the LAST piece of a puzzle in Classic mode,...: Hello, on several occasions I have experienced a crash in Classic mode when inserting the last piece of a puzzle. When restarting Jigsaw the entire progress of the puzzle is gone, back to 0%,...
  3. How is having a disc inserted into a xbox that is upright likley to damage it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How is having a disc inserted into a xbox that is upright likley to damage it?: I have heard that having a disc inserted into a xbox that is upright is likley to damage it and I would like to know how. The only information I have on this is that having a xbox with a disc...
  4. Xbox One requires me to insert discs twice before reading. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One requires me to insert discs twice before reading. How can I fix this?: My original Xbox One forces me to insert the disc twice before it reads it. A minor issue but I’d like to correct it if I can. I tried few things already but nothing seemed to work. Besides...
  5. My Xbox doesn't allow me to insert disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn't allow me to insert disc: (Restarting the console doesn't help) d75a569f-6049-4ee4-b0ca-e6491200121b
  6. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: Split from this thread. Hello, I've had this problem with GTA myself. Ended up buying 3 YES 3 new game disc and they still didn't work. Cant figure out why though. I ended up just buying the...
  7. Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say i dont own GTA if i have the disc inserted into my xbox one?: I bought the disc for the Premium version of GTA but whenever i insert it into my xbox nothing pops up in games or apps, i go to the store when i have it inserted inside and it says i need to buy...
  8. 3 buzzes when opening inserted disc game

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 buzzes when opening inserted disc game: my xbox one makes 3 buzzes after i put the disc in and try to play it. stupid license thing doesnt let me to play the game without inserting in the disc. microsoft should fix it....
  9. Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...: I probably have had the series x for a few months and haven’t tried to insert a game until today and when i try to insert a game it doesnt take the game. Also when i first got the console i...
  10. how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how much space will be required for a usb if i want to insert it into XBOX 360 Console for...: Currently, there is a problem occurring in my XBOX 360 console. When I try to connect my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live it does process but when it comes to the state of updating, after some time it shows...