After I updated my Xbox Series controller it no longer connects via bluetooth

Discus and support After I updated my Xbox Series controller it no longer connects via bluetooth in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After I updated my Xbox Series controller, it doesn't connect to Bluetooth anymore, and the xbox accessories won't let me downgrade the update, how can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ev_Tardoque, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Ev_Tardoque
    Ev_Tardoque Guest

After I updated my Xbox Series controller, it doesn't connect to Bluetooth anymore, and the xbox accessories won't let me downgrade the update, how can I make this downgrade? Or do I want a new control because it's a software error

:)

Ev_Tardoque, Feb 21, 2023
  2. Jack McCready Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller no longer shows up on bluetooth on PC

Yes, I updated the controller using the xbox accessories app on my PC. Before I updated the controller my PC was able to find my controller via Bluetooth but asked for password and couldn't connect. Once I updated the controller it was no longer detectable by my PC via Bluetooth. I have reverted the update but this has had no effect so I have updated it again and still nothing.
  3. Niikoe Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

I'm running into this issue too. I can pair my series 2 controller with my PC via bluetooth and it works fine. However, as soon as I use the usb cable and plug it into my PC, like if I wanted to charge it while playing, it works fine. Unfortunately if I
    then unplug from the USB cable, the controller no longer pairs via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device in Windows bluetooth settings, then re-pair it like it's the first time I've ever done it.

It's like by connecting via USB resets the controllers memory of connecting via bluetooth or something. Quite annoying.

I also agree, we should be able to configure the controller wirelessly somehow. Whether it be via some new dongle thing or preferably via bluetooth.
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If your Xbox Series controller no longer connects to Bluetooth after an update, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart your controller and console: Restarting your controller and console can sometimes resolve the issue. Turn off your controller and your Xbox Series console, then restart them.

2. Re-pair your controller with your console: Use the Xbox Accessories app to reconnect your controller to your console. To do so, go to "Settings" > "Devices & accessories" > "Xbox Wireless Controller" > "Pair," and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the pairing process.

3. Try a different device: If you have another device to which you can connect your controller, such as a PC or mobile device, connect to it to see if the problem is with your console or your controller.

You can also try following the steps on this link; https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/... to revert your controller's firmware.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
  6. ajdrig Win User

XBOX One not working on Windows 10

Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop and a new xbox one controller.

The Xbox One is connected via bluetooth, I've updated the xbox one controller using a USB C cable on the xbox accessories app.

However when I unplug the USB cable, the controller (still connected to the PC via bluetooth) does not work i.e. it is still connected and the bluetooth is recognised but when I try play a game (ubisoft ghost recon breakpoint), although the analogue sticks work, the other buttons (A,X,Y,B) do not work.
    After the newest driver update for the controllers, I'm having issues too, I can only get it to work if I use the USB as well, The controller shows "connected" and shows the battery life etc, But no longer opens Game bar, Hopefully someone can report this to Microsoft.
Thema:

1. After I updated my Xbox Series controller it no longer connects via bluetooth - Similar Threads - updated Series controller

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  3. Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 - Controller firmware update 5.19.3223.0 - Perfection!: Whatever the engineers did, great job! For the first time the Elite Series 2 / Core responsiveness feels near instant in wireless mode. Updated from 3202 to 3223 Thanks! submitted by...
  4. xBox Series S Analogue drift problem and controller not updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox Series S Analogue drift problem and controller not updating: I am trying to update my controller, its not updating (xbox series s), it frequently fails. Any one know how to manage through. Also these days i m getting analogue drift problem. Please suggest...
  5. I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...: I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite Series Core 2 Controller warranty period, as it is incorrect and I haven’t gotten my full year since registering it. In South Africa the...
  6. Random Xbox Series controller disconnects after update (Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Random Xbox Series controller disconnects after update (Alpha Ring): Hello, my girlfriend recently updated her Xbox Series controller (which came with her Series X Console) with an recent update in the Alpha Ring but after that update her controller keeps...
  7. My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series 2 elite controller keeps telling me to update it updates and then it tells me to...: My series 2 elite controller when when I start console up it's fine. You can remap the buttons, no problem and use it in game as well. The big problem is when you go to map the buttons it asked...
  8. Anyone having Xbox Series X Controller after update 5.17.3202.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone having Xbox Series X Controller after update 5.17.3202.0: Anyone having this issue as well 575eb962-838d-4bd7-b28f-def7190d362f
  9. My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...: It will no longer stay connected via wireless anymore either 287d8158-f427-492f-bb19-f0f1722de372
  10. Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help updating warranty status of my new Xbox series x controller: I just bought a new xbox series x controller, on registering the device warranty is showing as already expired. I want to update the warranty from the date of my purchase. I tried reaching out to...