After changing my gamertag, both are shown in different places.

Discus and support After changing my gamertag, both are shown in different places. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago, I changed my gamertag. However, on the Xbox app, both PC and mobile as well as games still display my old username, while being... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Eiikiu, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Eiikiu
    Eiikiu Guest

A couple of weeks ago, I changed my gamertag. However, on the Xbox app, both PC and mobile as well as games still display my old username, while being on the website it displays the new username. When I go to change my gamertag on the website, it displays my new username, while if I go to change it from the Xbox app it shows my old one. When I search on website, it only finds my new username, while if I search usernames on the app it finds neither. What should I do to only have the new one be used.

Note: When I sign into Microsoft Flight Simulator, It originally says my new tag through out the signing in process, but then switches to my old tag after the signing in process is complete.

:)

Eiikiu, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Eiikiu!

If it's showing your correct gamertag online through https://account.xbox.com/Profile, there shouldn't be no more problem with your other devices or Xbox app since the change was applied successfully. I believe that the issue you're experiencing is a cloud issue and only the Xbox Support team will be able to further help or assist you.

There's somehow a similar issue from the thread below and the Xbox Support team was able to fix it on their end.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Please instead reach out directly the Xbox support here https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. GreXIII Win User

Error on gamertag ? (Halo MCC)

Have the same prob.

I created for MCC an account; created the gamertag as shown here "" it said that the gamertag is available - but after that, I got a different one.

Since then, I'm unable to change the gamertag on the homepage.

If I try to change the gamertag on the XBox Live homepage - there occurs an error and I'm unable to change it.

It says, that I should try it later - i try it now since 3 days.
  4. dpg70 Win User

Change Microsoft Account on Xbox One

5. ArminatorX Win User

My Gamertag reset to my old one

Xbox is currently in transition to the new Gamertag system. Since this transition is not completed, you can get results like you see that you see two gamertags on your screen.

This will be fixed sometime after 2020 started.

Until then it's just a cosmetic issue, where both your old and new gamertag are shown. The first change seems to have happened on a system that didn't have the new Gamertag system in place yet, then Xbox rolled the new Gamertag system out to your area, and
    when you changed it back, the change was made with the new Gamertag system, resulting in the display of those two gamertags.

You'll just have to be patient and wait a few more months until all systems and apps have been updated to work with the new Gamertag system.

In the mean time, the "old" gamertag is used with most games and systems that still mostly access the old Gamertag system.
  6. PoliteThrower92 Win User

Gamertag was changed by itself

my gamertag changed itself, my gamertag on xbox one console was different on xbox/microsoft website after i change my password in computer
Thema:

1. After changing my gamertag, both are shown in different places. - Similar Threads - changing gamertag both

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  10. If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If my account is linked on xbox 360 and series x, do both gamertags change if i change it...: Im just wonder cause i want to change it back to a 15 character one, which i can only do on xbox 360, but will it change on my new console 88d8b472-02eb-4447-a2a6-853a933148cf