After a power outage, my Xbox One will turn itself off after about 5 seconds

Discus and support After a power outage, my Xbox One will turn itself off after about 5 seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox will turn on for about 5 seconds and then turn itself off. The Xbox also doesn’t register the button combo for entering troubleshooting mode... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by make me a sandwich ., Sep 11, 2022.

1. After a power outage, my Xbox One will turn itself off after about 5 seconds

My Xbox will turn on for about 5 seconds and then turn itself off. The Xbox also doesn’t register the button combo for entering troubleshooting mode either, it has also been about 3-4 months since the power outage (give or take) and still doesn’t power on. I will greatly appreciate some help with this!

:)

make me a sandwich ., Sep 11, 2022
  2. make me a sandwich . Win User

It is the Xbox Original console
  3. Francia J. Win User

We need to isolate if the issue is the console or the power supply itself. Please follow the steps below:

"1. Unplug the power cables from the console, electrical outlet in the wall, and power supply.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the electrical outlet and the power supply. Do not plug the power unit into the console yet."

Depending if it's ON, OFF, or BLINKING will be the next step. Kindly check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Francia J. Win User

I'm sorry to know that, Make in this case, since it's an Xbox One Original Microsoft no longer offers out-of-warranty repair.
  5. make me a sandwich . Win User

The power supply is verified that it is ok, the console may need repairs.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In order for us to check what will be the necessary steps to perform, if I may ask, is this an Xbox One S, Xbox One X, or Xbox One Original?
Thema:

1. After a power outage, my Xbox One will turn itself off after about 5 seconds - Similar Threads - power outage turn

2. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  3. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  4. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  5. Power outage issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power outage issues: I had a power outage and after that my console comes up for a brief five seconds then shuts right off and each time I try turning it on its the same thing(xbox one x). Any suggestions on what I...
  6. Is a sudden power outage harmful?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a sudden power outage harmful?: Is a sudden power outage harmful for the Xbox Series X along with the inserted disc? Thanks 72c86de9-ba51-4776-a570-29695e69e316
  7. I need help, I lost my data due to a power outage, I am very upset about this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help, I lost my data due to a power outage, I am very upset about this: I lost data due to a power outage. The data is corrupted and it took several hours. Is there a way to restore them? Either from mojang or from my system. 0d46ec84-0a53-46cb-b2c9-a61e917da2fe
  8. I lost my data due to a power outage. The data was corrupted, it took many hours, is there...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I lost my data due to a power outage. The data was corrupted, it took many hours, is there...: I lost my data due to a power outage. The data was corrupted, it took many hours, is there any way to recover it? Either from mojang or from my system. 4fff7cea-1aa1-4b5b-a2df-10098443d89e
  9. System Error on xbox one S after power outage

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Error on xbox one S after power outage: i was playing like normal then there was a random power outage so i waited till it was back on, i started up my xbox and i got hit with a system error. E102 at first and after turning my xbox off...
  10. constant power outages

in XBoX on Consoles
    constant power outages: I suffer from constant power outages and i want to buy xbox series s do I need a ups to save the xbox and if yes how many watt or VA I need it in the ups to plug it on xbox series s...