Adult account with "appropriate up to age 12" content restrictions

Discus and support Adult account with "appropriate up to age 12" content restrictions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One with two adult accounts and two child accounts. One of the adult accounts has a content restriction of "appropriate up to age 12".... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PuggertonRL, Oct 21, 2017.

1. PuggertonRL
    PuggertonRL Guest

I have an Xbox One with two adult accounts and two child accounts. One of the adult accounts has a content restriction of "appropriate up to age 12". The other adult account has unrestricted access and can change content settings for itself and the two child
    accounts, but the one with the restriction cannot change it's own content restriction. If I try to change the restricted adult account with the non-restricted account it just takes me back to home screen. I have no idea how to change this.

A couple of forums have linked this: Xbox One : Family but I don't see anything that helps. If I'm missing it, please direct me to what I need to
    specifically see.

Also, I've seen this linked Why Am I asked for Parental Consent? | Xbox Live but the account is NOT an attached child
    account--it's an adult account that is clearly listed as such on account.microsoft.com. The account has a 1994 birthdate so it's not because of the age.

Please help. Thanks!!

:)

PuggertonRL, Oct 21, 2017
  2. KateLG.
    KateLG. Guest
    How can I see the activity in my xbox?

You can set his account up under your family account. Then you can set time limits and set

age appropriate content restrictions!

KateLG., Oct 21, 2017
  3. I Mad0x I
    I Mad0x I Guest
    Purchases of this content is currently not allowed for child or teen accounts

You changing their Privacy Settings from Child to Adult doesn't change the account status to adult itself. So pretty much their accounts are still child. It will be possible to change it to adult as soon as they reach 18. If that is the age of an adult in
    your country ofc. You cannot change that setting manually. The restriction on downloadable content stays locked until they reach the required age depending on the content age restriction.

I Mad0x I, Oct 21, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

once set an age of an account cannot be changed no matter what you do

ngocphi, Oct 21, 2017
  5. PuggertonRL
    PuggertonRL Guest
    Sure, but I'm not trying to change an age--the date of birth on the account is 1994 and has always been. I need to change the content restrictions of an adult account. Thanks!

PuggertonRL, Nov 1, 2018
  6. PuggertonRL Win User

Sure, but I'm not trying to change an age--the date of birth on the account is 1994 and has always been. I need to change the content restrictions of an adult account. Thanks!
  7. ngocphi Win User

8. KateLG. Win User

How can I see the activity in my xbox?

You can set his account up under your family account. Then you can set time limits and set

age appropriate content restrictions!
  9. I Mad0x I Win User

Purchases of this content is currently not allowed for child or teen accounts

You changing their Privacy Settings from Child to Adult doesn't change the account status to adult itself. So pretty much their accounts are still child. It will be possible to change it to adult as soon as they reach 18. If that is the age of an adult in
    your country ofc. You cannot change that setting manually. The restriction on downloadable content stays locked until they reach the required age depending on the content age restriction.
  10. maxen Win User

A ad image filter is needed.

You can set content restrictions on the account being used, which will restrict the ads that can be seen to age-appropriate ones.
Thema:

1. Adult account with "appropriate up to age 12" content restrictions - Similar Threads - Adult account appropriate

2. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. How do I change to an Adult account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change to an Adult account?: I created this account back around 2016, when I was not legally recognized as an adult. Now, 2 years have passed since I legally became an adult, but I still have child restrictions on my account...
  5. Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.: My account always an adult age, but I still cannot change my gamer pic on my Xbox profile. Is there anyway to fix this? ebb193d6-2f7f-4e47-a550-04b08a8199de
  6. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  7. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  8. Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play multiplayer on Minecraft even though my account is of an adult age and not...: Hello, lately I've been trying to get on the multiplayer mode on Minecraft. I've found out that my account was in a Microsoft family, but I left it and changed all my settings including the...
  9. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  10. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....