ads locking up games

Discus and support ads locking up games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having same problem across several of the casual games - ads in the side boxes either lock up or completely shut down the games. Kind of frustrating... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SwirlyCloth5863, Jul 16, 2017.

  1. ads locking up games


    Having same problem across several of the casual games - ads in the side boxes either lock up or completely shut down the games. Kind of frustrating when you have solved an entire puzzle and are tossed before getting credit and have to start over.

    :)
     
    SwirlyCloth5863, Jul 16, 2017
    #1
  2. lemonemke
    lemonemke Guest
    The ads are locking up the game.

    Your ads are locking up the game. TAKE THE ADS DOWN UNTIL YOU CAN GET IT FIGURED OUT. If your ads are causing problems, TAKE THEM DOWN!
     
    lemonemke, Jul 16, 2017
    #2
  3. Tommy Welch
    Tommy Welch Guest
    Ads Locking Up the Game

    I don't mind the ads. However, Skyscanner ad is locking up the game, even caused a crash to desktop. The program doesn't seem to have any problems as long as other ads are showing. But, once an ad starts to change and it is to the Skyscanner ad it begins
    locking up or lagging badly. Making the game unplayable.

    I already uninstalled Microsoft Crossword (which I liked very much) because of the same reasons. If this keeps up with Jigsaw I will uninstall it as well as such performance is unreasonable.

    Thank you.
     
    Tommy Welch, Jul 16, 2017
    #3
  4. SmudgyFuzzball5 Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    It was working again for me yesterday. There were no ads and I was able to play all the Daily Challenge games.
  5. bekkilyn Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    I was able to get the escape key to work once a couple of days ago, but most of the time the only way I was able to get out of the lock was to close the entire program. If you can get the escape key to work though, it's a good solution!

    As it is (and knock on wood), my game seems to be working again since yesterday. I wonder if the problem is with one particular ad that won't play nice and so will lock up the game while other ads are fine. It could explain why this problem is happening
    intermittently depending on how often that ad comes up.
  6. bekkilyn Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    And now the problem is back. Was working fine up until about 10 minutes ago and am now trying to get into a star club pack and an ad has everything locked up.
  7. CHERYLBOGOWITZ Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    Okay. I checked to see if I had any Microsoft updates available for download as VileOyster hinted. No critical updates available, but I looked at optional updates available and found 18. I selected each for install. Had to restart the computer. The ads don't
    freeze the Microsoft Solitaire Collection! I would suggest to everyone here to check your optional updates. They don't load automatically like the critical ones do.
  8. VileOyster0701 Win User

    The ads are locking up the game.

    Finally got it -- there was a Microsoft update installed on my PC overnight -- when I uninstalled it, the games worked again; no freezing on the ads.
Thema:

ads locking up games

Loading...
  1. ads locking up games - Similar Threads - ads locking games

  2. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  3. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  4. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  5. request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...

    in XboX Insiders
    request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...: Can someone please help me as my xbox account says i do not own the digital version when i upgraded my disc to digital i just want help getting the game assigned to my account using the new xbox...
  6. Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC: So i tried it out on XBOX PC with world of tanks & XBOX should keep this!.. Such a underrated feature that can bring in easy revenue & players to XBOX. There are people who will gladly watch an ad...
  7. Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...: Hi everyone, Quick question I have been trying to figure out how to use the ad supported cloud gaming service with my digital owned games and I have a few questions. I bought FH6 digitally and...
  8. Proposal: Shift ad-supported xCloud to a Daily Model and require Multiplayer Subscription...

    in XboX Insiders
    Proposal: Shift ad-supported xCloud to a Daily Model and require Multiplayer Subscription...: Dear Xbox Engineering and Business Teams I would like to propose an alternative structure for the new ad-supported Xbox Cloud Gaming (xCloud) tier that balances user engagement with sustainable...
  9. How do I test the ad-supported free tier of Xbox cloud gaming on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I test the ad-supported free tier of Xbox cloud gaming on PC?: I have the Insider Hub app installed for PC, but unsure how to test the free ad-supported tier of cloud gaming? I'm signed up, but says I still need to subscribe. submitted by /u/ZyndallBull8...
  10. China Region lock added to my XBox without permission

    in XBoX on Consoles
    China Region lock added to my XBox without permission: I have used my XBox One for several years with Region set to Canada and language set to English. It was purchased outside China. During a recent update the location was changed to China and the...