ads causing game to freeze up

Discus and support ads causing game to freeze up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I spent an hour with a support person on the problem for an hour. It turns out it was an x-box support person & this is a X-box forum. What we need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kiwi620NZ, Aug 1, 2017.

  1. Kiwi620NZ
    Kiwi620NZ Guest

    ads causing game to freeze up


    I spent an hour with a support person on the problem for an hour. It turns out it was an x-box support person & this is a X-box forum. What we need is a Microsoft Casual Game support contact & there is none. I don't think anyone from X-box or Microsoft
    even look at this forum.

    :)
     
    Kiwi620NZ, Aug 1, 2017
    #1
  2. Ads breaking game - again

    The ads are causing the game to freeze up again.
     
    SwirlyCloth5863, Aug 1, 2017
    #2
  3. Gemstone847
    Gemstone847 Guest
    Jigsaw freezing

    Skyscanner ads causing Jigsaw to freeze.
     
    Gemstone847, Aug 1, 2017
    #3
  4. cleiby Win User

    Microsoft Sudoku freezing and lost history of completions

    The freezing is being caused by the pop-up ad. The ad tries to load and gets stuck, resulting in the game being suspended. they need to either remove the ads or make them static.
  5. FastSquirrel876 Win User

    Ads cause game to freeze

    Today it is the worst it has been. Glasses USA.com seems to be the problem. It's happening when the small screen goes black, during the ad, and even when the screen is white. I'm also getting booted. I really want to become a paid member but am afraid that
    since the site is so poorly run, that there may be problems, even if I join. It's getting to the point where I am getting totally fed up. It's a shame since it's a really nice site and I like the puzzles a lot. Incidentally, there are no problems on the solitaire
    game site. In MahJong, the tiles get bigger and bigger, even though I have automatic zoom turned off.
  6. HiEF Win User

    Ads causing Microsoft Solitaire Game to Freeze up.

    This may just be the device you use, being laggy. Or you may have to get premium, though on Microsoft rewards you can use points to get premium version for your Microsoft account meaning no adverts. It is only 1500 points which is not a lot. If you don't already use Microsoft rewards it is a thing that encourages you to use the search engine Bing and complete quizzes for points, which you can then spend on prizes such as Microsoft solitaire premium edition, or gift cards. Even though 1500 points sounds a lot, you can easily rake in over 5000 points a month.

    Hope this helped
    [​IMG]
  7. g_1966 Win User

    Ads causing Microsoft Solitaire Game to Freeze up.


    [​IMG]


    This ad always freezes. If I close and reopen the program it EVENTUALLY gets replaced with some ad that works.
  8. AbyssalTroll Win User

    Ad for Glasses USA.com causes game to Freeze

    I'm having this same problem and the game even went so far as to crash during this ad. As of right now, it has repeated itself seven times and I have not been able to work on the puzzle the entire time. I will add that when I look at the Task Manager, my
    memory and CPU usage is way higher than it should be. In fact, it's running higher than when I am streaming or playing an MMORPG. Why this one ad does that makes is curious and leaves me wondering if it is attempting to do something that it shouldn't be.
Thema:

ads causing game to freeze up

Loading...
  1. ads causing game to freeze up - Similar Threads - ads causing game

  2. Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Update ring - What is this new weekly streak thing added in the update?: What is this new streak thing added in the update? I opened a game after installing the new update and I got a notification telling me something about a weekly streak being started and now there’s...
  3. New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.

    in XboX Insiders
    New feature for the "One hour gameplay by watching ads" feature.: I recently tested the new one-hour streaming feature unlocked by watching a single advertisement in xbox cloud gaming as an insider hub member, and I found the service and controls to be...
  4. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  5. request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...

    in XboX Insiders
    request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...: Can someone please help me as my xbox account says i do not own the digital version when i upgraded my disc to digital i just want help getting the game assigned to my account using the new xbox...
  6. Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC

    in XboX Insiders
    Free Streaming With Ads On XBOX PC: So i tried it out on XBOX PC with world of tanks & XBOX should keep this!.. Such a underrated feature that can bring in easy revenue & players to XBOX. There are people who will gladly watch an ad...
  7. Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...

    in XboX Insiders
    Forza Horizon 6 as ad supported stream for delta tier memebers on Cloud Gaming...: Hi everyone, Quick question I have been trying to figure out how to use the ad supported cloud gaming service with my digital owned games and I have a few questions. I bought FH6 digitally and...
  8. Proposal: Shift ad-supported xCloud to a Daily Model and require Multiplayer Subscription...

    in XboX Insiders
    Proposal: Shift ad-supported xCloud to a Daily Model and require Multiplayer Subscription...: Dear Xbox Engineering and Business Teams I would like to propose an alternative structure for the new ad-supported Xbox Cloud Gaming (xCloud) tier that balances user engagement with sustainable...
  9. How do I test the ad-supported free tier of Xbox cloud gaming on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I test the ad-supported free tier of Xbox cloud gaming on PC?: I have the Insider Hub app installed for PC, but unsure how to test the free ad-supported tier of cloud gaming? I'm signed up, but says I still need to subscribe. submitted by /u/ZyndallBull8...
  10. Problem with ads and now the Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem with ads and now the Xbox: So I have game pass ultimate, started to play battlefield 6. Got 4 ads straight after each other. Screen went dark. Turned off my Xbox and back on, now all I get is a black screen. So 1 why am I...