Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game

Discus and support Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed Xbox app successfully, subscribed to Game Pass but cannot download MS Flight Simulator. Error code 0x00000001 stating that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Douglas King, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Douglas King
    Douglas King Guest

I have installed Xbox app successfully, subscribed to Game Pass but cannot download MS Flight Simulator. Error code 0x00000001 stating that Administrator approval is required. I am the administrator. I have tried restarting PC, deleting & re-installing Xbox (including running installation as administrator). Can you help ?

Intel 12th Gen i5-12600K

16GB RAM

1TB SSD

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3050 8GB GPU

Windows 11 Home v10.0.22000 Build 22000

:)

Douglas King, Jul 3, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

no, I say to go in your windows, in the control panel, and in the account and add new profile. it will enter this profile when you start your windows creating a new desktop.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

there is a problem with the profile created on your windows.

test as follows, make a new profile, as test and see if you can install.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

hope you have a good afternoon
  5. Douglas King Win User

Hi again,

Just getting myself in a total mess. I tried to create a new Family Member with Organiser rights, sent & accepted invitation but it just went round in circles. I then switched to my wife's account (which has organiser privileges) anWhen d downloaded the Xbox app. I then signed into the Xbox acct using my details but again got error codes.

When you ask me to create a new profile, do you mean new 'Family Member' (or am creating a new user in the wrong place)?
  6. andersonpassos Win User

I wouldn't advise all this, the problem is not your account, it's the profile creating in windows, do the test as I told you, if it works, I advise you to create a new profile in your windows, even with the same account, no problem .
Thema:

1. Administrator permission required to download Games Pass game - Similar Threads - Administrator permission required

2. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  3. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  4. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app...
  5. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  6. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  7. Administrator Approval Required

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator Approval Required: I am trying to install the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-on pack. I already have the Deluxe edition of the game installed. I have redeemed the download code. But where I would hit install in the...
  8. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator: DO I just fully reset my pc at this point because my microsoft has been hacked and its the administrator a6e12ef2-9412-48d9-b8e6-01cd39739ab2
  10. Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?: I'm already set to admin, and have installed other games on my PC from game pass, whats going on here? a013c5f7-4839-476d-8f64-920413ac40af