Administrator approval required

Discus and support Administrator approval required in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; On my pc every time I go to the Xbox store to buy certain games it says preparing 0%. The issue is the games require admin approval but idk how to do... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by King Fascinate, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Administrator approval required

On my pc every time I go to the Xbox store to buy certain games it says preparing 0%. The issue is the games require admin approval but idk how to do that

*** Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Other ***

:)

King Fascinate, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi King Fascinate,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Georges C. Win User

Administrator Approval Required

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SahithMallampati1, try to follow the procedure below.

Start > Run shell:AppsFolder to get to the dumb hidden app folder

pin Xbox to taskbar

hold shift+ctrl and click to run in admin mode

hit install on gamepass, but before running first time right click on icon and create desktop shortcut.

right click that to run as admin and should at least bring up the launcher, which worked for me at that point no issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
  4. FB_229 Win User

So this was done using an Amazon Redeem code - I have redeemed the code and it's in the xBox 'My Library' but won't install - I have no game pass - doing the CTRL-Shift start up from the taskbar still has this issue - any other thoughts?
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

Not sure if you have tried this, this has worked for others :

Start > Run shell:AppsFolder

pin Xbox to taskbar

hold shift+ctrl and click to run in admin mode

hit install on gamepass, but before running first time right click on icon and create desktop shortcut.

right click that to run as admin and should at least bring up the launcher, which worked for me at that point no issues.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/ilz161/is_there_any_fixes_for_administrator_approval/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Is this the only game/add on that it does it with?
Thema:

1. Administrator approval required - Similar Threads - Administrator approval required

2. refund approved but no currency

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but no currency: I was approved service request number : (Mod Removed) for refund of game i bought it by mistake two months ago January 22th. It's now the 30th of march and I have yet to see money in either...
  3. my refunds been approved but i have not received money

in XBoX on Consoles
    my refunds been approved but i have not received money: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and it has been approved but i have not yet recieved my money. 13861184-7b92-4582-8d9e-9ac74ac4d5d1
  4. refund approved but money not received

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but money not received: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and i still haven’t received my money into my microsoft account 732cc87c-9ce4-4f65-a4db-57bea2b11950
  5. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  6. I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund: I replied to a email about it and told them what happened but still not received a answer 93ddd2ee-ade7-479d-8643-c9a199676e1b
  7. Administrator Approval Required

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator Approval Required: I am trying to install the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-on pack. I already have the Deluxe edition of the game installed. I have redeemed the download code. But where I would hit install in the...
  8. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator: DO I just fully reset my pc at this point because my microsoft has been hacked and its the administrator a6e12ef2-9412-48d9-b8e6-01cd39739ab2
  10. Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?: I'm already set to admin, and have installed other games on my PC from game pass, whats going on here? a013c5f7-4839-476d-8f64-920413ac40af