Administrator approval required for installation

Discus and support Administrator approval required for installation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm experiencing trouble with installing "SnowRunner" on my Windows 10 PC. The download process fails at 100% with error code "0x80050007". I also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Flappies1984, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Flappies1984
    Flappies1984 Guest

I'm experiencing trouble with installing "SnowRunner" on my Windows 10 PC.

The download process fails at 100% with error code "0x80050007".

I also noticed a new clause on the "SnowRunner" store page stating "Administrator approval required for installation". I'm unsure if this has got something to do with the error or not.

I can however launch and play other, previously installed, games (Showing the same clause) without any issues.

Please assist Administrator approval required for installation :(

:)

Flappies1984, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

administration approval required for installation??

That game was removed from Game Pass recently. You'll need to purchase it if you want to continue playing it.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contacting us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

"Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Try deleting the Game Services registry keys and reinstalling the Game Services app on your Windows 10 device:

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart the device.

Right-click the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

From the Administrator: At the Windows PowerShell screen type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the application on this page and select Yes when prompted for User Account Control (CCU).

Try installing or starting the game again."

The problem started with this error, and there are several other errors, I advise you to try.

microsoft original text:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/erro...
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Administrator approval required for installation?

Hi Matsk104! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you are trying to launch the game from the Xbox app, try to do it from the Windows menu, if that doesn't work launch the Xbox app as an administrator you an try the same when you launch the game

first you’ll do is click on the Start menu, then copy and paste the following: Start > Run shell:AppsFolder

This will open the hidden app folder inside Windows.

Once that folder is open, find the Xbox app inside it and place the app into the Windows taskbar.

Now you’ll want to hold CTRL+SHIFT and click on the Xbox icon you just moved to the taskbar. This will start the Xbox app in administrator mode.
  5. ToriLynn1 Win User

Launch Blair Witch is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

That is what it says and as well it says about the admin approval. Just worried if i buy it, its still going to say that and i have no way of fixing it!
  6. ToriLynn1 Win User

Oh ok. But also it does say it needs admin approval so what happens if i purchase the game and it still says the same thing an will not open and run?
Thema:

1. Administrator approval required for installation - Similar Threads - Administrator approval required

2. refund approved but no currency

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but no currency: I was approved service request number : (Mod Removed) for refund of game i bought it by mistake two months ago January 22th. It's now the 30th of march and I have yet to see money in either...
  3. my refunds been approved but i have not received money

in XBoX on Consoles
    my refunds been approved but i have not received money: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and it has been approved but i have not yet recieved my money. 13861184-7b92-4582-8d9e-9ac74ac4d5d1
  4. refund approved but money not received

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but money not received: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and i still haven’t received my money into my microsoft account 732cc87c-9ce4-4f65-a4db-57bea2b11950
  5. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  6. I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund: I replied to a email about it and told them what happened but still not received a answer 93ddd2ee-ade7-479d-8643-c9a199676e1b
  7. Administrator Approval Required

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator Approval Required: I am trying to install the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-on pack. I already have the Deluxe edition of the game installed. I have redeemed the download code. But where I would hit install in the...
  8. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator: DO I just fully reset my pc at this point because my microsoft has been hacked and its the administrator a6e12ef2-9412-48d9-b8e6-01cd39739ab2
  10. Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?: I'm already set to admin, and have installed other games on my PC from game pass, whats going on here? a013c5f7-4839-476d-8f64-920413ac40af