Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in...

Discus and support Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here's my situation: I want to play minecraft with my bro using the lan connection. However, we could not find each other's lan world when firewall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yan1470, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Yan1470
    Yan1470 Guest

Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in...

Here's my situation:

I want to play minecraft with my bro using the lan connection. However, we could not find each other's lan world when firewall turns on. I don't want to play minecraft while the firewall is off so I want to allow certain programmes passing through the firewall. I use McAFee while he used Window defender.

After doing some searching, I believe I need to enable three programmes, which is OpenJDK Platform binary and javaw.exe for running java, and minecraft for minecraft itself. Here comes my problem:

1. Could not find location of javaw.exe (I supposed it was downloaded together with the minecraft programme...or not?)
    2. My minecraft programme was downloaded from Microsoft Store, and I figured out that the location of this app is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.4297127D64EC6_1.0.141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      (At first I couldn't view the item in the WindowsApps file, but I changed the owner from TrustedInstaller to my account and I find the minecraft programme here)
      • I could not add the programme to the McAfee firewall enable programme list due to some administrative problem
      • It says I could only read it while the system could only read and run it.
      • It says I'm not allowed to open the file and have to ask the admin or owner for permission as below shown, but my account is both the owner and an admin account...
        Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in... [​IMG]

• p.s. My bro downloaded minecraft from the website so he has no problem with this. But I couldn't do so since the Minecraft launcher from the website could not run properly in my computer (unknown reason)
    I don't know if I could solve the lan connection problem by doing so, but this is all I can think of now... If anyone has some other suggestions plz tell me.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

:)

Yan1470, Feb 23, 2022
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in Minecraft!

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately this problem is very far outside of what we can support here at Xbox. There doesn't appear to be an issue with services for Minecraft for Windows 10, nor is there a problem with the Xbox store or standard connections you downloaded this from.

You may be able to find help from others who have attempted this in the Minecraft community forums. As there is nothing that we can help you here with from an Xbox services perspective, I'll be closing this thread. If there is a problem that arises because of a failure of Xbox services, or a failure where the game is not launching properly, please feel free to create a new thread.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Connecting to windows 10 pc

Depending on how your router is set up, it's possible that one LAN Port is configured for guest access, and can't communicate with other devices.

Please check your router configuration, that there is no guest network set up, and that devices can communicate on the LAN without restrictions.

When you connect both console and PC to your router, check that both devices are properly connected to the network, so that the PC and Xbox can properly access the internet.

On the PC, make sure that your PC has no third party firewall or antivirus installed. Windows 10 comes with it's own Firewall and Windows Defender Antivirus. Most third party antivirus programs need to be configured to allow Xbox game streaming through their
    firewall. And since you are using a router to access the internet, the router already is your internet facing firewall. The Windows Firewall would only protect you from attackers that are already locally connected inside your network.

When you say your PC "doesn't recognize it", do you mean the PC doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection, or the Xbox in your home network?
  4. Arminator Win User

Streaming Xbox to PC not connecting

Do you have any antivirus and/or security software installed that provides their own Firewall?

If so, that third party firewall might prevent your console from connecting to your PC.

As a personal advice, if you use third party antivirus and Firewall programs:

Uninstall any third party antivirus and firewall programs.

Windows 10 has an AntiVirus scanner already built in, and the Windows internal Firewall is also more than enough, as the Firewall "only" protects your PC from attacks inside your own network if you use a router to connect to the Internet.

Your Router that you use already is a Firewall that protects your home network from any attacks coming from the Internet.

Unless you put your PC into a
    DMZ (Demilitarized Zone)
    , the PC can't be reached from the Internet anyways.
  5. MAINKIN Win User

Xbox One can’t connect to Xbox Companion App on PC

I don’t use a third party firewall/antivirus and I’ve tried disabling the firewall completely, but I’ll give that another try as well
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Cant connect xbox to laptop with ip in xbox app

Can you check that the Xbox is actually properly connected to your network?

Also, do you have any third party Firewall software on your PC? Like for example Anti-Virus suites that also have their own Firewall built in that replace the Windows internal Firewall?

Can you try to disable/uninstall that third party Firewall/Antivirus software? (Don't worry, Windows 10 has it's own built in Antivirus software, and if you are using a router/gateway modem, then that device is your Internet-facing Firewall, and the only
    thing the PC Firewall is protecting against, are hackers that are physically connected to your home network (i.e. are already inside your house).
Thema:

1. Administration problem dealing with third-party firewall, I want to use lan connection in... - Similar Threads - Administration problem dealing

2. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  3. I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S console with Kinect Special Edition. Today i encountered a problem with...: Then i Searched the web for solutions and removed my hard drive and it turned on normally. But after inserting the hard drive the E68 code occurs. Can Xbox games and Kinect games can run...
  4. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  5. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  6. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  7. Administrator Approval Required

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Administrator Approval Required: I am trying to install the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-on pack. I already have the Deluxe edition of the game installed. I have redeemed the download code. But where I would hit install in the...
  8. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  9. Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account has been hacked but im signed in as administrator: DO I just fully reset my pc at this point because my microsoft has been hacked and its the administrator a6e12ef2-9412-48d9-b8e6-01cd39739ab2
  10. Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do i need administrator approval to install a game when my account is the administrator?: I'm already set to admin, and have installed other games on my PC from game pass, whats going on here? a013c5f7-4839-476d-8f64-920413ac40af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft.4297127D64EC6_1.0.141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe