Additional authentication needed???

Discus and support Additional authentication needed??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to fix this for a couple of days but nothing on google helps so it says additional authentication needed and gives me 2 options 1)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MRF Gamer0210, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Additional authentication needed???

I've been trying to fix this for a couple of days but nothing on google helps so it says additional authentication needed and gives me 2 options

1) the first is to authenticate now which just takes me to a page where it says there's no wifi even though there is as I'm on my phone

2) second says add alternate MAC address which when U press that it just takes me to my advance network setting I enter a MAC address manually the console restarts but it says the same message again

Anyone please help if u know or Xbox staff please I can't play on my Xbox

:)

MRF Gamer0210, Oct 11, 2017
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Additional authentication

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.

M3tal Daz3, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Additional authentication

How do you fix the problem

linkscommando, Oct 11, 2017
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.

taidara, Oct 11, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
  6. QUEENMISFITS Win User

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/running-into-the-additional-authentication-needed/28cadd69-6f5f-41fa-a5ba-05d5514e9af7

Hope this helps
  7. linkscommando Win User

How do you fix the problem
  8. timmyturner1 Win User

xbox staff needs to stop defending itself with some random story...

this error occured on the 15th of august at 2 pm in the afternoon since then it has not been able to connect back to internet / xbox live

says my password is wrong and to try again .. on any internet wifi i select none will work .

this is all happening to people at the same time

they arent even giving any information about it when we know its clearly their faults

and if they try to demand we all pay 150 $ to fix our wifi connect on the xbox which their update obviously did something to in the last 24 hours to 48 hours since this started on the 15th of august
  9. Edgarour Win User

You can disable the option in your account privacy settings but I don't recommend that
Thema:

1. Additional authentication needed??? - Similar Threads - Additional authentication needed

2. Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Followed the directions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" several...: I don't know what to do. I follow the instructions on the help page "Additional authentication needed message" and my xbox still continues to have the same problem after it restarts... what do I...
  3. Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working: Hi, I have been running into this error for two nights now. Yesterday, and today as well, I tried the solution that was posted here:...
  4. error code Additional Authentication needed related to connectivity issues with Xbox console

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code Additional Authentication needed related to connectivity issues with Xbox console: Xbox one will not connect to internet, all other devices in the house connects with no problem, this just recently started happening 5b78b8a2-5b95-4f47-a1ff-a3f2a9fbad4c
  5. Xbox Series S Additional Authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Additional Authentication needed: This message has been popping up for a couple weeks and it’s VERY annoying! Tried everything I’ve read online, restarting router, clearing MAC address, changing MAC address, hard resetting Xbox....
  6. My pc won't let me stream my Xbox Series X because additional authentication is needed on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pc won't let me stream my Xbox Series X because additional authentication is needed on...: My pc won't let me stream my Xbox Series X because additional authentication is needed on the console but can't access my console cause my HDMI port is broke anyone can fix this issue ?...
  7. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Additional authentication needed: To connect this network you will need to enter an additional authentication info if you have an alternate MAC address choose enter alternate MAC address d1d38e3a-90d5-4d51-b1a2-dcc0d4383ba6
  8. : Additional authentication needed problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Additional authentication needed problem: : Additional authentication needed problem Hello I am trying to connect the Xbox to the Internet, but every time I encounter a network problem: additional authentication needed and I can not play...
  9. "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed": "Internet problem; Additional authentication needed: To connect to this network, you'll need to enter additional authentication info. If you have an alternate MAC address, choose Enter alternate...
  10. Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed: So i wanted to use my xbox one day and i had to connect to the internet so a message pop up and said addition authentication need but every time i click on authenticate now when ever it takes me...