Additional authentication needed screen not showing

Discus and support Additional authentication needed screen not showing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/The_retard69420, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

/u/The_retard69420, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

Hi Besi Dolar,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  3. JoVanny Garcia Win User

So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that way I can still play. It's been working perfectly fine for a while, but now it is saying i need additional authentication on my xbox when i try to connect it from my xbox app, and I dont know how to fix it. I dont have the money to replace the HDMI port , and I dont really know what to do here. It's not like I can go and actually use the xbox by itself without the xbox app so im basically stuck with nothing to do here
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi Besi Dolar,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

The “Additional Authentication Needed” error on Xbox can prevent you from connecting to the internet on your console. It can be caused by several factors, such as your console’s region, Microsoft account, Xbox Live account, MAC address, or router settings.

To fix it, you can try clearing the alternate MAC address on your console, using your PC’s physical address as the dedicated MAC address on your console, or logging into your router settings and disabling access control or removing your console from the blocked devices list. You can find more instruction in this article. Running into the Additional authentication needed message? Check here! - Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Performing a power cycle can also help you fix this issue. Power cycling is the act of turning a piece of equipment off and then on again. Reasons for power cycling include having an electronic device reinitialize its set of configuration parameters or recover from an unresponsive state of its mission-critical functionality, such as in a crash or hang situation.

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.
    2. Once the console is off, unplug the power cord from the back.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    4. Turn on your Xbox One.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
Thema:

Additional authentication needed screen not showing

1. Additional authentication needed screen not showing - Similar Threads - Additional authentication needed

2. "Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Additional authentication needed": I'm running the Xbox off my mobile phone hotspot, I'm today getting the message saying I'm offline when I'm clearly connected to my hotspot. When I test the connection it says I need to...
  3. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  4. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  5. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  6. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  7. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  8. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  9. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  10. Additional authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication: So idk what to do. My Xbox refuses to connect to my internet when it works fine for everything else. I've done soft reset and it did nothing. I reset my router did nothing. I did all the suggested...