Additional Authentication Needed Fix

Discus and support Additional Authentication Needed Fix in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Additional Authentication Needed Fix Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Ageis Avante, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Ageis Avante
    Ageis Avante Guest

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well

:)

Ageis Avante, Aug 29, 2020
  2. AdamCastaneda Win User

Me too, internet is connected but says NAT issue. Was connected last night until late and not working all day todaynas well
    Thats what happend to me to still cant play so i bought a tank and destroyed my xbox and its fixed im kidding but i do have the problem i cant go online it says my NAT or something about my internet but my internet is connected with other devices so somethings
    wrong with the xbox hopefully when i wake uo its fixes.
  3. Speedz228 Win User

4. taidara Win User

Additional authentication needed???

Are you connecting your console to a hotspot, or a guest network at a hotel, which are secured by a captive portal (authentication web page)?

The second option require you to spoof the MAC address of an already associated/authenticated/authorized device and not the MAC address of whatever interface you're using to connect your Xbox (ethernet/wireless).

Also, make sure you're not concurrently connected with the current associated/authenticated/authorized device and your console, as they use the very same layer 2 identity.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Hi Kevin,

Every hardware device that connects to a network has an identifier code that is called a MAC address. This is how devices recognize each other because every device has a set and unique MAC address, unlike an IP address that cycles and changes periodically.

If I'm not mistaken the additional authentication required is your internet provider asking for your Xbox's MAC address to add it to the approved list of devices that your router allows to connect to. When you select the authenticate now button, it will
    not load the page since it's trying to load a secure site that your ISP would authenticate the MAC address by first signing in to your router settings.

We have seen higher instances of this happening with AT&T for some reason, but essentially you need to make sure with AT&T that your Xbox is not being MAC filtered out from your router.

Before contacting AT&T, I suggest troubleshooting the console's MAC address and see if makes the Xbox more discoverable. Go to Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear and then select Restart Now when prompted.

If that doesn't work, call AT&T and ask for assistance with making sure your Xbox is not being filtered out. The console's MAC address can be found under the Advanced settings so have that ready when contacting your provider.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Additional Authentication Needed

Are you talking about WiFi authentication?
Thema:

1. Additional Authentication Needed Fix - Similar Threads - Additional Authentication Needed

2. "Additional authentication needed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Additional authentication needed": I'm running the Xbox off my mobile phone hotspot, I'm today getting the message saying I'm offline when I'm clearly connected to my hotspot. When I test the connection it says I need to...
  3. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  4. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  5. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  6. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  7. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  8. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  9. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  10. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

in XboX Insiders
    Additional authentication needed screen not showing: I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments]