Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working

Discus and support Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have been running into this error for two nights now. Yesterday, and today as well, I tried the solution that was posted here:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean&, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Sean&
    Sean& Guest

Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working

Hi,

I have been running into this error for two nights now. Yesterday, and today as well, I tried the solution that was posted here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-needed/28cadd69-6f5f-41fa-a5ba-05d5514e9af7

But, as with yesterday, I receive the same error . Are there any other solutions I could try that have worked for others experiencing this?

:)

Sean&, Sep 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sean&

Is this happening with every wifi network? Or only with your home network?
    If it's the second. Can you try sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot and check if the issue persists?

Or, did you tried everything from this article?
    https://appuals.com/additional-authentication-n...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Sean& Win User

Hi, I did look through that article and nothing seemed to work until I contacted the ISP. There was an issue with a router where I am staying and it seemed to effect the xbox live connection in particular.

Everything seems to be working fine now after a quick test.

Thanks for linking that webpage though Josef it was very helpful in diagnosing the issue!
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac

Hi there,

I made your post it's own thread so we could further assist.

In this case what I would suggest to do is to Add your Console's MAC address to your router's authorized list. Here are the steps:

Step 1: Get your console's MAC address. Here's how:

1. On Xbox Home, navigate to the left until you reach Pins.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select Network.
    4. Select Advanced Settings.
    5. Write down your Wireless MAC address.

Step 2:Add your console's MAC address to your router's list of authorized MAC addresses.

Note: To change MAC filtering settings on your router, refer to your router documentation or the hardware manufacturer's website. If you change your router's MAC filtering settings,
    restart your router and
    Power Cycle
    your Xbox before trying to connect to Xbox Live.

Let us know if this helps
  5. Contra BaneZ Win User

Additional authentication needed as if alternate mac

I can't connect either I'm having the same issue. I can't connect at all
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Network

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try the solution below if you are still having problems with authentication.

If you are running into the "Additional authentication needed" error message or running into the error code 0x4000000000000000

while trying to connect to your network, give the following steps to try:

From the error message, select Enter alternate MAC address at the bottom of the screen, then select Manual

On a wireless PC connect to the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect your console to. Once you have connected to your wireless network, you will now need to get the MAC address (physical address) of the PC

From your PC, open Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Cortana search box and then type ipconfig/all

Your MAC address is listed as "Physical Address" and is shown under the Ethernet adapter Ethernet section. Copy this number down and go back to your Xbox One console.

From your Xbox One console, enter the MAC address of your PC into the Alternate Wireless MAC address field. Once you have entered your MAC address, try connecting to your wireless network again.

*You can check out this solution at the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
Thema:

1. Additional authentication needed error - alternate MAC address solution not working - Similar Threads - Additional authentication needed

2. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  3. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  4. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  5. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  6. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  7. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  8. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  9. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

in XboX Insiders
    Additional authentication needed screen not showing: I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments]
  10. Additional authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication: So idk what to do. My Xbox refuses to connect to my internet when it works fine for everything else. I've done soft reset and it did nothing. I reset my router did nothing. I did all the suggested...