Additional authentication for remote play

Discus and support Additional authentication for remote play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i keep getting the message " your account requires additional authentication on the console to sign in ", when trying to play remotely , i have an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dexter98450, Mar 17, 2022.

1. dexter98450
    dexter98450 Guest

i keep getting the message " your account requires additional authentication on the console to sign in ", when trying to play remotely , i have an Xbox one s

i have set up two factor authentication, i have ticked the box to enable remote play, i have ticked the box so only i can access the console remotely, i have reset my console and cleared the cache on the app

but i still cant play remotely

has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it ?

any help will be greatly appreciated

:)

dexter98450, Mar 17, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Dexter, try following the steps below, and also try disabling 2FA and testing to see if it connects.

How to set up remote play

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  3. dexter98450 Win User

hi Georges,

hope you are well

i have removed 2FA and followed all the instructions in the guide you sent .

but it has not resolved the issue , i still get the same message.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

connecting Xbox to pc wirelessly using home network (without cloud services involved) ?

Remote Play requires online authentication and no there is not a way to stream without it.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Additional authentication

Are you connecting in a student dorm WiFi, or an apartment complex that provides WiFi to the inhabitants? It might be, that when you first connected your other devices to the network, you were presented with a welcome page,
    where you had to authenticate your devices by agreeing to the WiFi's terms of use, or provide a code or password you got from your landlord or whoever runs the WiFi.

Since that has to be only once, you might have forgotten about it.

If you try to connect the Xbox One to that network, it might require you to visit the portal page again, and authenticate the Xbox access with the WiFi.
  6. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Additional authentication

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/running-into-the-additional-authentication-needed/28cadd69-6f5f-41fa-a5ba-05d5514e9af7

Hope this helps
Thema:

1. Additional authentication for remote play - Similar Threads - Additional authentication remote

2. “Additional Authentication Needed”?

in XboX Insiders
    “Additional Authentication Needed”?: I’ve been trying to connect to my wifi and it says “additional authentication needed.” It tells me I can either “authenticate now,” or “enter alternate MAC address.” I don’t know what a “MAC...
  3. How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the additional authentication on my xbox app: So I currently don't have a working HDMI port which is why i'm not able to connect my xbox to my monitor that i use. I use the xbox app on my laptop to connect to my xbox and stream the game that...
  4. Additional Authentication needed

in XboX Insiders
    Additional Authentication needed: My xbox keeps saying it’s paused So I have a Xbox series X and it won’t connect to the internet. Every time I try and connect to my Wi-Fi it just says Additional authentication needed. Then it...
  5. How to fix additional authentication

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix additional authentication: I have try’d to reset the Mac thing I reseted the console I don’t know how to fix this 3b23ed7a-ae6b-4a5b-a6ec-1ee52a0b1668
  6. Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication needed: Additional authentication needed showed up. I’ve done the link from other people’s questions about the mac address on the pc and I just did it but it’s still not working. I’ve reset my router and...
  7. How do u fix additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do u fix additional authentication needed: Xbox One connected to home wireless network has been working fine for a year and now getting message that additional authentication is needed and prompts to add an Alternate Wireless MAC address....
  8. Xbox showing Additional authentication needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox showing Additional authentication needed: My Xbox keeps showing me Additional authentication needed I’ve tried resetting it I’ve tried resetting my max address and putting it back in and I’ve tried wired connection nothing is working...
  9. Additional authentication needed screen not showing

in XboX Insiders
    Additional authentication needed screen not showing: I’m in a hotel and it won’t show the login link Help plz submitted by /u/The_retard69420 [link] [comments]
  10. Additional authentication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Additional authentication: So idk what to do. My Xbox refuses to connect to my internet when it works fine for everything else. I've done soft reset and it did nothing. I reset my router did nothing. I did all the suggested...