adding old gamertag to new account

Discus and support adding old gamertag to new account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all this has me stumped wonder if anybody out there has a solution i have recently upgraded to xbox 1 and unfortunately couldn't retrieve gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MovinD4rKShadoW, Jan 5, 2014.

1. adding old gamertag to new account

Hi all this has me stumped wonder if anybody out there has a solution i have recently upgraded to xbox 1 and unfortunately couldn't retrieve gamertag email details so set up a new one.. Since then i have managed to retrieve old gamertag now... Can i add
    old gamertag to new account without losing my 12mnths subscription on new live account

:)

MovinD4rKShadoW, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Changing xbox gamertag email associated is already on a different account

My xbox gamertag is on an old email address I no longer use. The email I am using already has this randomly generated gamertag associated with it. How do I go about changing my old email to the new one? The FAQs all seem to about just adding a new email
    but it doesn't account for the email already having a registered gamertag.

SketchySea53055, Jan 5, 2014
  3. totecx1
    totecx1 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Your old gamertag is in the xbox 360 cache you have to go to settings and remove the linked account before you can add the new one. This happened to me 2 when i changed the lame tag microsoft assigned me. Even if you put the correct information and passcodes ot wont download your new gamertag until you remove the old linked account

totecx1, Jan 5, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hello, I apologize, but are you wanting to transfer your gold subscription to another account? If so, please reach out to Xbox Phone Support. They will ask you a few question and be able to cancle your gold membership and send the redeem code to your email.

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 5, 2014
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Hello, I apologize, but are you wanting to transfer your gold subscription to another account? If so, please reach out to Xbox Phone Support. They will ask you a few question and be able to cancle your gold membership and send the redeem code to your email.
  6. onyxishere Win User

redemption code, new xbox, DLC is not in my download history

Sorry to hear it. If the content is not listed in your download history then it's possible that it was added to a different account. Can you please check other gamertags you may have on the new console or the old one?
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Closing one microsoft account, but porting that xbox account to a my new microsoft account

Since the account you use on the PC is already a Microsoft Account, you can't "merge" the two, or move the Xbox account over.

Alternatively you could continue to use your old account on the console, and add your new account to the console as well, setting that console as your new account's "Home Console".

That way the new account shares your memberships like Gamepass to the console, and every other account playing on that console.

If you don't have a lot game progress and purchases on the old account, you might consider adding your friends to the new account.

If necessary, you can then also rename your new account, thanks to the new Gamertag system. You'd then get a small number added to the Tag, similiar to how Battle.net and Discord handle Usernames.
  8. xXStlCards7Xx Win User

Xbox One Preview Dashboard Removal

It doesn't give me that option to unregister since i'm on a new account and don't have access to the old gamertag. I've tried to enroll the new account and it tells me that console is registered to a different gamertag (my old gamertag)
  9. Auswulf Win User

Why no more than 100 friends on Xbox 360?

You can always make a silver gamertag or use an old gamertag, just use the friends list of that gamertag to add more people. Add the gamertag of your other account to your main account and then just click on view friends list of the added gamertag.
Thema:

1. adding old gamertag to new account - Similar Threads - adding old gamertag

2. adding new countries to the xbox live service

in XBoX on Consoles
    adding new countries to the xbox live service: So im from aruba and have been trying relentlessly to purchase stuff on the xbox store, however that always fails so i have to resort to third parties,so im wondering when will more countries be...
  3. Adding more structure to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Adding more structure to Xbox Live: Someone from here said there's a place to post this where gaming engineers would see it, I'm 5 min late to work so I don't have time to look so. Hope you find this If you asked the general...
  4. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  5. Can you add it where you can talk in your xbox one video without adding it in after done...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add it where you can talk in your xbox one video without adding it in after done...: I am wondering if you can make it where you can record a video and have it where records your voice without adding it to the video after done with the video and have to edit the video...
  6. My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.: My Friendslist appears empty on my console. I restarted and reset my console many times, tho it didnt solve the problem. I can see it fully on my xbox app on my phone and pc, but on my console i...
  7. Ads in Game Pass Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ads in Game Pass Games?: Solitaire on the PC is part of Game Pass (which I pay for every month) and today when i'm trying to play the game, i'm getting ads. I've been playing for hours without them and now i'm getting...
  8. Added a new alias and deleted old one without making the new one my primary

in XBoX Accessibility
    Added a new alias and deleted old one without making the new one my primary: I got a new Xbox and want to keep my old gamertag and account, but I no longer have access to my old email. I looked up how to resolve this, which showed me how to add a new Alia’s and delete an...
  9. When adding the family app and start to create profiles, can the old multiplayer profileds...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When adding the family app and start to create profiles, can the old multiplayer profileds...: I have three boys that have been playing on our Xbox One for a while now and they are always arguing about screen time so I thought the Xbox Family app would help with that. One question I have...
  10. Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding my email, and removing old email from xbox account.: So, when I was young my mother made my xbox account, with a live email, I now have a main email I use, and I would like to change the primary to my own, and remove her account from it. My issues...