Adding Funds to Microsoft Account

Discus and support Adding Funds to Microsoft Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It would be a huge plus to be able to add funds to your MS account through Paypal or a credit/debit card. I know an Xbox Live gift card can be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by octavarium1, Jun 20, 2015.

1. octavarium1
    octavarium1 Guest

It would be a huge plus to be able to add funds to your MS account through Paypal or a credit/debit card.

I know an Xbox Live gift card can be purchased and funds added via redeeming the gift card, but this just includes more steps than needed. What makes little sense is that if you purchase a gift card through the MS store, you have to wait for the gift card
    to be mailed to you. Why is there no option to have the code emailed to you, such as other sites provide? Depending on the site, you receive the code almost instantly and MS doesn't have to pay the postage.

I want to be able to deposit funds into my account (right from my Xbox One preferably) on a fairly consistent basis without jumping through a lot of hoops so that they are there and ready to use when I want to purchase a game. It's nice to have a little
    bankroll in place to help take the sting out of a $59.99 purchase and there are going to be a lot of those purchases coming up this fall.

:)

octavarium1, Jun 20, 2015
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Prepaid cards are the only option right now for adding more currency.

Smwutches, Jun 20, 2015
  3. D3AD JESTR
    D3AD JESTR Guest

You can buy xbox game cards at many local stores. OR you can buy Microsoft Points cards from amazon that will give you an instant code and as soon as you redeem them on your xbox they will convert to $$$.

D3AD JESTR, Jun 20, 2015
  4. chemicalsora
    chemicalsora Guest

I'm not sure if you can purchase x amount of money for your wallet anymore after the points system was abolished but I do know Paypal and debit/credit card are valid methods of paying for content in the Marketplace. I have used both.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but one choice you have is to buy online gift cards via Gamestop's website. Usually, they mail it to you shortly after confirming payment.

chemicalsora, Jun 20, 2015
  5. octavarium1
    octavarium1 Guest
    Thanks for the response.

The option for depositing money into your wallet has been gone since the points system was removed.

I've used the Paypal and credit/debit card methods as well as the gift cards. I would really like a system where I can deposit as much money as I would like, when I like, into a wallet without having to go to an outside source and then deal with emails and
    having to enter codes. I would welcome a clean, streamlined process for adding funds to my account.

octavarium1, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    You can purchase gift cards digitally through the Microsoft Store and other places that are emailed to you. There's start at $5.00 and increase per $1.00 so you don't necessarily have to purchase a $10 code if you just need $7.00.

I think they removed the option to add currency directly from a credit card/Paypal because you have to add those to your account anyway in order to add the currency, so you might as well use the payment option directly. You can also use them as a split payment.

Smwutches, Jun 20, 2015
  7. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Ragnarok5000, Nov 1, 2018
  8. octavarium1 Win User

Thanks for the response.

The option for depositing money into your wallet has been gone since the points system was removed.

I've used the Paypal and credit/debit card methods as well as the gift cards. I would really like a system where I can deposit as much money as I would like, when I like, into a wallet without having to go to an outside source and then deal with emails and
    having to enter codes. I would welcome a clean, streamlined process for adding funds to my account.
  9. chemicalsora Win User

I'm not sure if you can purchase x amount of money for your wallet anymore after the points system was abolished but I do know Paypal and debit/credit card are valid methods of paying for content in the Marketplace. I have used both.

Not sure if this is an option for you, but one choice you have is to buy online gift cards via Gamestop's website. Usually, they mail it to you shortly after confirming payment.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Prepaid cards are the only option right now for adding more currency.
  11. D3AD JESTR Win User

You can buy xbox game cards at many local stores. OR you can buy Microsoft Points cards from amazon that will give you an instant code and as soon as you redeem them on your xbox they will convert to $$$.
  12. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Thema:

1. Adding Funds to Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Adding Funds Microsoft

2. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  3. how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?: i need to find out when i added someone or when we became friends bc my boyfriend is fuming o 769bc37d-4fa0-4b1a-9e4d-df48ec88284b
  4. adding new countries to the xbox live service

in XBoX on Consoles
    adding new countries to the xbox live service: So im from aruba and have been trying relentlessly to purchase stuff on the xbox store, however that always fails so i have to resort to third parties,so im wondering when will more countries be...
  5. Adding more structure to Xbox Live

in XboX Insiders
    Adding more structure to Xbox Live: Someone from here said there's a place to post this where gaming engineers would see it, I'm 5 min late to work so I don't have time to look so. Hope you find this If you asked the general...
  6. What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?

in XBoX on Windows
    What the hell is going on with the Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games and the ads!?: I am able to sit through your 30 second unskipable ads, I can wait, let the ad finish, and then click off of it and get to playing whatever game I want. But what in the absolute hell is going on...
  7. Can you add it where you can talk in your xbox one video without adding it in after done...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add it where you can talk in your xbox one video without adding it in after done...: I am wondering if you can make it where you can record a video and have it where records your voice without adding it to the video after done with the video and have to edit the video...
  8. My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.: My Friendslist appears empty on my console. I restarted and reset my console many times, tho it didnt solve the problem. I can see it fully on my xbox app on my phone and pc, but on my console i...
  9. Ads in Game Pass Games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ads in Game Pass Games?: Solitaire on the PC is part of Game Pass (which I pay for every month) and today when i'm trying to play the game, i'm getting ads. I've been playing for hours without them and now i'm getting...
  10. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e