Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch

Discus and support Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, can you please advise how to allow my son to add friends to play with others on minecraft on the switch? He is told that he cant due to his... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ABk3_276, May 2, 2020.

1. ABk3_276
    ABk3_276 Guest

Hello, can you please advise how to allow my son to add friends to play with others on minecraft on the switch? He is told that he cant due to his microsoft account is set up, but as his parent i cannot see anything about allowing friends. We thought it
    would be fixed by paying the money to join Nintendo Switch Online but unfortunately we paid the money but it has made no difference. Can help? All the advice threads seem to be about the xbox. Thank you.

:)

ABk3_276, May 2, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Kirill Krasin Win User

Hello,

I'm not sure about Switch privacy/account settings, but if your son's account is linked to your Microsoft Family Group, you can view or edit privacy settings

here
  4. BrookBurns Win User

I am having the same issue and when going to the settings on the family account, there is no option to change any settings allowing my son to add friends on Minecraft on his switch. I can set screen time restrictions, content restrictions, etc. But nothing
    for allowing him to add friends on applictions.
  5. SimonLloyd4 Win User

Minecraft kids account - adding friends

Solved it myself...

After amending the settings on xbox webpage (both the privacy tab and the windows 10/xbox tab) it still would not work.

Signed each profile into an xbox console and added each child as a friend there. Once that was done minecraft allowed me to add each child as friends of one another on the game.

Odd since no intention of using on xbox only android but it works so 🤷
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Trying to play minecraft with my kids

Are you all playing on the same version of Minecraft? Not the edition (Bedrock), but all clients are updated to v1.19.10? And have you tried deleting and adding your kids to your friend list and removing and adding you on their friend list too?
Thema:

1. Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch - Similar Threads - Adding friends kids

2. how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?: i need to find out when i added someone or when we became friends bc my boyfriend is fuming o 769bc37d-4fa0-4b1a-9e4d-df48ec88284b
  3. My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.: My Friendslist appears empty on my console. I restarted and reset my console many times, tho it didnt solve the problem. I can see it fully on my xbox app on my phone and pc, but on my console i...
  4. Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends: Golf with Friends Online + Local on Xbox Need some help getting 3 players in a game. I am hosting a friends only lobby online. I invited my friend (friend A) to the lobby. They joined ok. On...
  5. Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends: Golf with Friends Online + Local on Xbox Need some help getting 3 players in a game. I am hosting a friends only lobby online. I invited my friend (friend A) to the lobby. They joined ok. On...
  6. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  7. Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends: I've been dealing with this for over a year and not a single agent has been able to help what am I supposed to do not like you'll send me a new console or anything because that'd "cut company...
  8. When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends: So I add friends on my own account but another account on the same console randomly adds the same person ( this person is not adding them , it’s the console ! Also I’ve noticed if I have 2...
  9. adding friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    adding friends: cant add friends except for on the app. changed all my settings to where such activity should be possible bcbe27d4-d02f-40e0-a020-9dddda637e57
  10. Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...: Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend list. When I attempt to set up friendly, says I need to add friends. 021ee6f3-2705-4a7b-a757-244605d854dc