Adding friends to child's minecraft account

Discus and support Adding friends to child's minecraft account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just allowed my kid to get minecraft on his ipad. He is trying to add friends, but it pops up that he is not allowed to do that. I went in a have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AmberlyCaccamo, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Adding friends to child's minecraft account

I just allowed my kid to get minecraft on his ipad.

He is trying to add friends, but it pops up that

he is not allowed to do that.

I went in a have all of the restrictions turned off, but

he still can't add friends.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

AmberlyCaccamo, Nov 27, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Amberly,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand your child is unable to add friends. What is the exact error message you get? Which device are you playing the game on? Any additional information will help us to assist you better.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Salmoro Win User

Privacy & online safety page redirects to the help page.

Hi,

The Microsoft account that you use for Minecraft, Is it added as child account into a Family Group ?
  4. Sayann X Win User

Seguidores e Amigos não atualizam [Followers and Friends don't update]

Hello, if you have a child account, you may be limited to adding friends to your account.
  5. TheTwistedTaste Win User

Microsoft settings for my child

Hey there KLu33

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing adding friends on Minecraft PE.

The Minecraft app may use a Microsoft account (vs. iCloud) to login. Could this account be in a Microsoft Family Group? Please take a look at the troubleshooting article: Change
    your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings

Take a look at this article: How to add new Xbox friends. If you need more assistance with Minecraft PE, I would also try taking a look at their support
    forums

Hope this helps!
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Adding friends on Minecraft PE

Hi there MaryMom1,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue with adding friends on Minecraft PE.

The Minecraft sign in may use the Microsoft account credentials for the account. Sounds like this account may be in a family. Please take a look at the troubleshooting article:

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings

Friends can join friends realms locally
    (this works if the friend is in the same area):

• click settings
    • local server multiplayer
      • set setting : on

How to add a friend on Minecraft PE:

• On the home page
    • click sign in [bottom left]
    • sign in with Microsoft account
    • click on play
    • click menu
    • select friend
    • invite to game
    • send invite

Take a look at this article:
    How to add new Xbox friends
    . If you need more assistance with Minecraft PE try taking a look at their

support forums

Hope this helps. Let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Adding friends to child's minecraft account - Similar Threads - Adding friends child's

2. how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how can i see when i added someone as a friend or when we became friends?: i need to find out when i added someone or when we became friends bc my boyfriend is fuming o 769bc37d-4fa0-4b1a-9e4d-df48ec88284b
  3. My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.: My Friendslist appears empty on my console. I restarted and reset my console many times, tho it didnt solve the problem. I can see it fully on my xbox app on my phone and pc, but on my console i...
  4. Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends: Golf with Friends Online + Local on Xbox Need some help getting 3 players in a game. I am hosting a friends only lobby online. I invited my friend (friend A) to the lobby. They joined ok. On...
  5. Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Players Help - Golf with Friends: Golf with Friends Online + Local on Xbox Need some help getting 3 players in a game. I am hosting a friends only lobby online. I invited my friend (friend A) to the lobby. They joined ok. On...
  6. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  7. Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is adding friends absolutely broken and removing my friends: I've been dealing with this for over a year and not a single agent has been able to help what am I supposed to do not like you'll send me a new console or anything because that'd "cut company...
  8. When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends: So I add friends on my own account but another account on the same console randomly adds the same person ( this person is not adding them , it’s the console ! Also I’ve noticed if I have 2...
  9. adding friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    adding friends: cant add friends except for on the app. changed all my settings to where such activity should be possible bcbe27d4-d02f-40e0-a020-9dddda637e57
  10. Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend...: Xbox FIFA 23. Unable to play against friend even though they have been added to my friend list. When I attempt to set up friendly, says I need to add friends. 021ee6f3-2705-4a7b-a757-244605d854dc