Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ...

Discus and support Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We're very lucky and got a 2nd Xbox for the house over Christmas. The 2nd xboXbox x doesn't yet have an external drive. The first xbox has a 4tb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by shutupandshave, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ...

We're very lucky and got a 2nd Xbox for the house over Christmas.

The 2nd xboXbox x doesn't yet have an external drive. The first xbox has a 4tb external drive that was at about 40% usage.

When we added the 2nd Xbox I signed in and it asked me what games I want to install from my list. I chose a handful of popular ones but that then un-installed the games I didn't choose from the main Xbox . This is irritating in itself but it appears that
    the space was not freed up on the drive... so I now have about 10% spare on my 4tb drive and only a handful of games installed on either Xbox . I really don't want to wipe the drives as it took a few days to get all the games installed on the first Xbox ..
    and by the looks of things even if I un-installed everything from the first xbox I'd still be at about 40% usage for some reason. It's like it's just put a marker on the games that were not chosen for the second xbox and left them installed (and therefore
    still taking up room).

Whilst I've ordered an external disk for the 2nd Xbox it appears that because of the previously taken up space, I'm still going to be in trouble with space on the first Xbox. I would like the ability to have different games installed on each Xbox ideally,
    but at the very least I'd like my space back on my first Xbox (and the games which I think are doubled up now, with installations). I really don't want to format my drive and re-install everything.

Can anyone help please?

:)

shutupandshave, Dec 29, 2015
  2. RainmanO33O
    RainmanO33O Guest
    I am getting a notification that my disk space is full on my xbox one while playing project spark. But I have plenty of memory left.

I'm one xbox one and I have over 200gb left. But I can't save my game while playing project spark, it says my disk space is full. I've deleted everything but that world yet still no progress I had to quit without saving and lost a good bit of work. I don't
    understand how my disk space can be full when it's more than half empty. Any help would be great, thanks.

RainmanO33O, Dec 29, 2015
  3. RedXIII400
    RedXIII400 Guest
    Please remove the disc change requirement for installed multi-disc games.

My disk drive doesn't work. I would REALLY love to play all those installed games just sitting there taking up space on my Hard Drive :/

RedXIII400, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 29, 2015
  5. I Am using one profile across both xbox's. According to the linked article, Xbox 1 should be my home one but I'll confirm. Any idea on how to get my disk space back?

6. No , other than deleting stuff , or moving it off the internal to the external...

RobertBuckalew, Dec 29, 2015
  7. The problem is, it's not showing up anywhere?

8. Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ...

Anyone know anything about the disappearing storage space on the external disk?

shutupandshave, Dec 31, 2015
  9. Okay, so the disappearing storage, was because my USB cable came out of my drive. The rest is resolved.

There was a couple of coincidences here, but I wanted to post the "resolution" in case any body thought what happened to me was happening to them...

Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ... :eek:hdear:

shutupandshave, Jan 2, 2016
  10. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you got it resolved. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  11. shutupandshave Win User

Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the disk)

Anyone know anything about the disappearing storage space on the external disk?
  12. shutupandshave Win User

Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the disk)

Okay, so the disappearing storage, was because my USB cable came out of my drive. The rest is resolved.

There was a couple of coincidences here, but I wanted to post the "resolution" in case any body thought what happened to me was happening to them...

:eek:hdear:
  13. RobertBuckalew Win User

No , other than deleting stuff , or moving it off the internal to the external...
  14. {Parity} Win User

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you got it resolved. Happy Gaming!
  15. shutupandshave Win User

The problem is, it's not showing up anywhere?
Thema:

Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ...

1. Adding a second xbox appears to have deleted my games (and is still taking up space on the ... - Similar Threads - Adding second appears

2. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft Twitch and TikTok cape still hasent been added to my acc despite me entering...: It was shoud have arrived after the 8th but still dint. 988a8760-34f6-40ab-a44b-731547dc4290
  5. Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Jun 4, 2024: Adding more customization and settings to xbox: I think it would be really cool to have more customization options for xbox, such as in accents, icon background colors, and possibly even installing mods. submitted by /u/minedroid1 [link]...
  6. Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Ads and Useless Items on Xbox Dashboard: Hi! I noticed the feature to customize the dash and remove all of the useless game pass news and micro-transaction links that take up 85% of what I’m looking at has been taken off the menu. So...
  7. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  8. Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with signing into xbox account/adding account: I have been having an issue with signing into my account. Xbox kept sending me an error when signing into xbox account saying that i needed to connect to the internet in order to sign into...
  9. Points not being added

in XBoX on Windows
    Points not being added: For over a year, I've been getting things on Xbox and have only been given 10 points per purchase and it's usually a full-release game. It is possible my setting? Or maybe something else?...
  10. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...