Add an exception for one game above age restriction

Discus and support Add an exception for one game above age restriction in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Simple situation (I thought): My son asked to purchase Halo Master Chief Collection, which is rated Mature. His age restriction right now is 15. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Fernando Cuenca, Apr 26, 2025.

  1. Add an exception for one game above age restriction


    Simple situation (I thought):

    My son asked to purchase Halo Master Chief Collection, which is rated Mature. His age restriction right now is 15. The store asked for parental approval (I am the parent). I did the approval, and purchased the game for him. The game downloaded and installed with no issues.

    Now onto the problem:

    Every time he tries to play said game, it asks him for my approval. There is no option to say "approve forever" only the "approve this one time" appears.

    I've tried Microsoft Family Safety, XBox Family Settings App and no option appears to whitelist on a game-by-game basis. Xbox support (incredibly unhelpful btw) claims this option isn't supported, however my Xbox Family Settings App shows two existing exceptions for a different game (who created those? No idea, wasn't me and my co-parent isn't tech savvy to remember if she did it or how).

    So, is there a way to whitelist the game permanently? If so, how?

    Thanks in advance!

    :)
     
    Fernando Cuenca, Apr 26, 2025
    #1
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Need help setting up child account permissions for restricted purchasing.

    So you can sign into your account at account.microsoft.com/family and it will allow you to set restrictions on what he can purchase as far as age restrictions and if your password would be needed to allow him to purchase things above what is restricted age
    wise. if you have your credit/debit card on his account you can remove it and from the family website it will allow you to add money to his account to make purchases with and within the age restriction this way you can limit what types of games he is allowed
    to purchase to age appropriate/content restricted games.
  3. Vaxts Win User

    Xbox funds available - Not been able to spend

    I believe having an account underage of 18 restricts the account from some actions like this. From personal experience I believe you must add an account of age or something of the sort that is above the age requirement.
  4. Fyer Win User

    Recently changed family settings when previously didnt use them > He swears he needs the Admin password

    You can set up exceptions for individual games that are outside of the rating restrictions you have set. I believe it is under the rating settings. So yea, he made need it to log into the game but it looks to me as you can add that to the exceptions. This
    information was under the first link above.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    How to use a custom pfp for someone under 18

    no, age restrictions don't have loopholes or exceptions

    They're there for a reason.
  6. WPAK Win User

    Game access

    Hi there,

    you should be able to set what games the child account is allowed to access via

    https://account.microsoft.com/family/


    or via the Xbox One console via the content restrictions.

    It's also possible to specify exceptions to the set Age restriction.
Thema:

Add an exception for one game above age restriction

Loading...
  1. Add an exception for one game above age restriction - Similar Threads - Add exception game

  2. How do I use the new free with adds

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I use the new free with adds: Is it a paid thing how do I activate it where do I turn it on I wanna test it out submitted by /u/teamfucktwitch [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?)

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider App > Manage Devices > (Add?): I was trying to make sure the Insider program was active with my current console (XBOX Series X). I am only seeing 'XboxOne". There is no 'STAR' to what is the current device, only the option to...
  4. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  5. A option to sort by disc to digital copies would be nice to add.

    in XboX Insiders
    A option to sort by disc to digital copies would be nice to add.: A option so we can check our disk library out all in 1 page would be really cool. Also great work on this feature I’m very impressed! submitted by /u/Xenokaiii [link] [comments]
  6. XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs

    in XboX Insiders
    Add Microphone/In-Game Voice Chat Support for Xbox App on LG & Samsung Smart TVs: Xbox TV app still has no mic support after 3 years. Here's why Microsoft should fix it. The Xbox app launched on Samsung TVs in July 2022. It's now April 2026. In nearly four years, Microsoft...
  8. Please Add 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support on Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Please Add 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support on Xbox: This feature is highly requested and would be a great upgrade for 2026. submitted by /u/LandWitty7442 [link] [comments]
  9. PC -> Add exception / ask to play game

    in XBoX Accessibility
    PC -> Add exception / ask to play game: I'm trying to let my kid play Starfield, without changing the age rating for everything. We have PC game pass so the game is installed and I can play. Searching brings up explanations for console...
  10. Add exceptions for some games that are above content restrictions limit

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add exceptions for some games that are above content restrictions limit: I have set content restrictions on my Xbox to 10+ as all my family including kids plays with same account. So, if I install a 14+ or 16+ game that I think should be safe for all, Xbox asks for...