Add a child to Xbox family

Discus and support Add a child to Xbox family in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, hope you can help a very confused mum. my daughter has an xbox one and we are attemping to add her as a family member. when we try... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PreciousIzzyS, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Add a child to Xbox family

Hi Everyone,

hope you can help a very confused mum.

my daughter has an xbox one and we are attemping to add her as a family member.

when we try adding her it keeps telling us that there is a problem

we have had no issue adding our other two children

any idea where we are going wrong?

thanks

:)

PreciousIzzyS, Feb 9, 2021
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Kinderkonto zu Erwachsenenkonto Stufen -[Translation - Children's account to adult account levels]

Hello PhilipBasgal,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in changing a child account to an adult account. Once an account has been established as a child account, it cannot be changed to an adult account until the child turns
    18. The best way to manage the child account is to
    add it to a family
    . This requires an adult account to add the child account to the family. Once the child account has been added to the adult account's family, the child account will be able to access online features. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. Marion F Baby Win User

How do i add my child to my xbox live gold account? He has xbox one s

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  4. XBF George L Win User

I cant change my privacy settings

Hello!

Is it possible that the account that you're trying to change the settings on could be a child account? If that is the case then you would need to long onto an adult account and add the child account to its family to be able to adjust the settings for the
    child account. Take a look at this support article regarding adding a child account to a family.:

How to add a child to a family account
    . Then also take a look here to learn about adjusting the settings themselves:Xbox One online safety
    and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps!

Let us know with a reply.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

My Microsoft account is a Child account but it is not part of a Family account

Hi there Nixinova,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

Try this out and let us know the results.

Brad
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Parental Controls?

Hi there Marius,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, I recommend checking out this resource article with the steps on how to add a family member :

Try this out and let us know the results.
Thema:

Add a child to Xbox family

1. Add a child to Xbox family - Similar Threads - Add child family

2. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  3. Error on attempt to add money to child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error on attempt to add money to child account: Hi, I have an error on attempt to add money to child account using family application or web site. I tried to reach Microsoft support via phone or chat but without success. I got following...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Family Safety error when trying to open "Spending" or add money to child's account: This is the error: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: 3XA/FPqDTES6BD/2.9.351 It has been...
  5. Not Able to Add Funds to Child's Account - Something Went Wrong

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not Able to Add Funds to Child's Account - Something Went Wrong: I am unable to add funds to my child's account. For a couple of days now I receive this message: "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or...
  6. I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot add money to my child's account. Why?: I used to be able to add money to my child's account on my Xbox family app. Now I have tried for many days and it says they are experiencing trouble with my transaction and I cannot add the money....
  7. why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account: why can a parent add money to their child’s Microsoft account if it not letting you add money e974ba10-1168-414a-99dd-f621cee7d340
  8. Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child account: sent request to add friend but nothing in Family Safety: I set up a child account for my son on the Xbox. So far after configuring it works fine. However, I was setting up his friends list again, and when I added a friend, I got a message to send a...
  9. Ability to see child's spending or to add money just returns error message!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ability to see child's spending or to add money just returns error message!: I use the the family security for quite a long time and found it very useful to monitor my 10 year olds usage. Just recently, whether i use the app or through a browser, it wont let me view my...
  10. Cannot add child account to family Safety Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot add child account to family Safety Account: I started with xbox support, then was passed off to microsoft support who then pawned me off on this community support page. Absolute trash. I'm trying to add a child to my family safety account...