Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks

Discus and support Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARRIOR I M, Jul 27, 2019.

1. WARRIOR I M
    WARRIOR I M Guest

I have the adaptive joystick plugged into the left usb port to control the left thumb stick via copilot. The issue is that when I click the adaptive thumb stick, the thumb stick click does not register with the Xbox. Is there a flaw/something not working
    as it should on my thumb stick? It seems to click, if I recall correctly but nothing happens. I know I saw something about enabling shift in the settings. I'd be utterly indebted to someone if you could explain how to get the thumb stick, plugged into the
    left usb port of the keyboard like adaptive controller, to work. Thanks everyone.

:)

WARRIOR I M, Jul 27, 2019
  2. WARRIOR I M Win User

Is there a setting I must enable/disable so that the clicking of the adaptive thumbtack will function, as it does on my controller? Like I said, the only thing I saw was something about the shift button ( if I recall correctly) or should it work right
    out of the box, where I plug it in the left usb, it should click when I click?
  3. WARRIOR I M Win User

Sorry, no access to a PC. I only have a Macbook, Iphone XR, and Ipad.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

With the software you can at least verify if the adaptive controller is functioning correctly which will give you a better start point for troubleshooting.

you may want to check this link:

Customize adaptive controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

• The Xbox Accessories app is available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Adaptive Controller and plug the other end into
      your PC. For more info, see
      Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC
    • If the Xbox Accessories app isn’t installed on your PC, you can get it in the Microsoft Store.

Create profiles and switch between them

To create a controller profile:

1. Using your Xbox Adaptive Controller, open the Xbox Accessories app.
    2. Scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select Configure.
    3. Select New profile, give your profile a name, then configure your changes.

Note Any button that you reassign will also apply to other inputs that have the same value. For example, if you reassign
      D-pad down on the face of the controller to the
      Y button , then the
      D-pad down 3.5mm port will also be assigned to the
      Y button .
    4. When you’re done, press the B button.
    Create multiple profiles in the app and switch between them using the Xbox Adaptive Controller’s built-in
    Profile button.

1. Open the Xbox Accessories app, scroll to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, then select
      Configure.
    2. In Profiles, select a controller profile you’ve created or create a new one.
    3. Choose a slot.
    You can assign a slot for up to three profiles. Press the Profile button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller to switch between them. When no bars appear lit next to the
    Profile button, the controller is using the default button mapping.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

6. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

I have a new adaptive controller and have the adaptive joystick plugged into the usb on the left side of the adaptive controller, yet the joystick will not control the left thumbstick in any direction. This is my 2nd adaptive controller keyboard and
    first joystick ( first thought pads on adaptive controller were touch pads). I’m hoping someone else has had this issue and is an easy fix. I turn the adaptive controller on first, then my regular controller. I’m praying this is not a second return of the
    adaptive controller or a first of the joystick.
Thema:

1. Adaptive controller/joystick not registering clicks - Similar Threads - Adaptive controller joystick

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers: So I’m having a tough time on the travel time of the right joystick I have for the adaptive controller. It’s like using it in the game like golf. When I go to swinging it keeps telling me too slow...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  6. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  7. Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it so hard to find the Joystick chuck thingy for the adaptive controller?: Where do you find the Microsoft Joystick thingy that looks like a wii chuck controller? its amazing what MS have done with this accessibility controller and options but I can't easily find where...
  8. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  9. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X and Y inputs on back) are detecting false stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X and Y inputs on back) are detecting false stick...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  10. has anyone used the Logitech pro joystick w the adaptive controller?! amazon says it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    has anyone used the Logitech pro joystick w the adaptive controller?! amazon says it...: has anyone used the Logitech pro joystick w the adaptive controller?! amazon says it doesn't work but xbox says it does! can anyone confirm or deny? 73ee3dd6-d6fa-4d94-92a7-f96a250120af