Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring.

Discus and support Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I understand all single input controllers have 2 wires, a signal and a ground. To make a standard button compatible with 3.5 mm TRS connectors, there... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring.

I understand all single input controllers have 2 wires, a signal and a ground.

To make a standard button compatible with 3.5 mm TRS connectors, there are 3 regions where the signal and ground can go, what is the proper wiring for both the male and female version of the connection for the signal and ground of the controller?

:)

TripleTopper321, Sep 29, 2022
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

Keep in mind you're not talking to a guy who's doing it himself. I am paying someone to do certain things and I want to make sure that it's right according to the rest of the industry standard if it makes sense to keep with industry standards.

One thing I did on my joystick opposite of industry standards was have a separate ground for each input for two reasons. The first was to accommodate Edladdin's coleco super fight stick PCB which has, for lack of not knowing the better term, two separate return channels. And the other is the future proof it in case they try to use that technique later in other direct hookup PCBs. I want I heard one of the PlayStation formats had multiple return lanes

Doesn't a three region TRS 3.5 mm default to left as mono and if so the signal if it goes on the main portion should go on the left?

But you're saying the standard is two region TS,. How intercompatible are two region TS and three region TRS?

So if I have three regions I should use the left region for the main signal and the ground region for the ground signal. And the right region as an inbound signal in case I need to Future proof it or something.
  3. Juan Rodriguez6 Win User

So the earliest thing to do is buy two conductor 3.5mm cables, but if you already have three wire Jack's then two of the wires go together and the one is left by itself. No one can tell you what wire goes where because they are not standard colors across different manufacturers.

Having said that mine are red, blue and bare. I used the red and bare, that is working for me,

your best bet is to ohm out the wires and determine where they go or plug it in and touch two wires together to see if it works, you won't hurt the controller.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

None of us have that information to give you, they’re standard 3.5 mm jacks like on headphones

You should consult with people who make equipment for the disabled, as the adaptive controller has been constructed to industry standards

You’ll find a great deal of the technology for the disabled is created from music equipment. Wheelchairs run on MIDI, And charge with microphone XLR cables
  5. Elekman Win User

Xbox Items you still own.

Arcade console

wireless adapter

1 wired controller

2 headsets

28 disc games
  6. davemcfly85 Win User

Am i missing something here?

if it is a 3rd party one who knows what it comes with but the standard wired MS brand controller has just the USB plug no adapters needed.
Thema:

1. Adaptive Controller and Standard Arcade button TRS wiring. - Similar Threads - Adaptive Controller Standard

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers: So I’m having a tough time on the travel time of the right joystick I have for the adaptive controller. It’s like using it in the game like golf. When I go to swinging it keeps telling me too slow...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...
  6. adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once

in XBoX Accessibility
    adaptive. controller spamming the same input when pressed once: I currently have my adaptive controller set up as a right-handed fight stick because you can't find any of those in a store. They are hooked up to buttons using Spade connectors and then the...
  7. Adaptive Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Controller: Hello, I am currently looking for a controller that my sister with cerebral palsy can use. We have an xbox series X. I see the xbox adaptive controller but it says it is for xbox one. Is it...
  8. Xbox adaptive controller copilot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller copilot: I have CP. I only game on PC. It is hard to hit the 2 trigger buttons, that is why I got the adaptive controller. I own the Gamesir T4 Kaleid. I want to use it as my copilot and map the triggers...
  9. Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...: I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/ ...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and...
  10. Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I flip the X Axis in either standard controller accessories app or Adaptive...: The Xbox adaptive controller allows almost perfect customization. I have found literally only one thing that you cannot change on the Xbox adaptive controller accessories app or standard...