Active Downloads and turning off the console

Discus and support Active Downloads and turning off the console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; One of my favorite features of the 360 was the option to have the console keep downloading after the console is off. With the One I've dug through the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Thall802, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Thall802
    Thall802 Guest

One of my favorite features of the 360 was the option to have the console keep downloading after the console is off. With the One I've dug through the rather confusing and seemingly disorganized support section and can't find any mention of a similar feature
    on the One. If there a section on the settings that I'm not seeing or is it automatically set up to do so? I ask because I'm downloading Dead Rising 3 and the size of the file is massive compared to moody downloads I do and can see my ISP sheet throttled my
    bandwidth and would prefer to shut it down and let it download over night.

:)

Thall802, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Ace McHammer
    Ace McHammer Guest
    Question-Why is my router showing Xbox One wireless as active when it hasn't been turned on in days

Can anyone answer this? The console is off. Has been off for days. There were no pending downloads to continue before turning off the console days ago. Why is the wireless up and active on an off Xbox One console with the console turned off for days?

Ace McHammer, Jan 2, 2014
  3. broke elbow
    broke elbow Guest
    Background downloads and two profiles

OK here's what I'm asking, I'm currently trying to download multiple games from two different profiles on the same Xbox. Each profile is logged in on a separate controller. The question is since I have background downloads enabled and will shortly be turning
    the console off, which list of active downloads will complete?

Thanks

broke elbow, Jan 2, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Set the console to instant on. Go to settings and select power and startup. Then make sure its set to instant on. This allows for background downloads

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Set the console to instant on. Go to settings and select power and startup. Then make sure its set to instant on. This allows for background downloads
  6. Mister Gwyther Win User

Console won't stay off

Does this happen every time you shut the console down, or just some times? Also, do you have Background Downloads activated and is there anything being downloaded when you turn the console off? Thanks!
  7. Chris21ce Win User

My Xbox don't turn off

It does that because of either:

a) Cloud Storage

b) Background Downloads

If Cloud Storage is on it syncs you saves which keeps the console on untill it is done.

In an update earlier this year background downloads were automatically turned on which cause the console to stay on to check for any marketplace downloads. If you have something on your active downloads it will keep downloading and once done, turn your console
    off.
  8. Donniehun Win User

XBOX Power Adapter issue ! Please Help !

Hi There,

If the console is not powering down that could be because you might have something in Active Downloads and it is actualy downloading the content(s) or if you have connected play and charge kit which is charging the controller. The console has this awsome
    feature that it can download while you "turned off" the console so when you turn it back on the content is ready to use.
  9. nialldowney Win User

Is it possible to force your xbox to download content at a certain time?

There is no way to set a time for a download to start.

If you leave your console turned on you can add content to your download queue from xbox.com although im not sure about leaving your console on through the night.

another handy feature on your xbox is background downloads. This will allow the xbox to continue downloading your content after you turn it off. So the xbox remains in a low power state and will shut off fully on completion of the active download. You can
    set this in console settings - startup and shutdown.
Thema:

1. Active Downloads and turning off the console - Similar Threads - Active Downloads turning

2. Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Question? Breakdown? Active Running Xbox?: So I’ve had my series s a while now and it was over heating like crazy and I knew it was down to the dust and I be honest my fan was making a weird noise.. so anyway I took all the casing off my...
  3. Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesnt my xbox activity feed show when ive added someone anymore?: Up until around 3 years ago, if you went on someone’s activity feed if they had added someone, it would say. I would like to know when ive added people so i would normally check the activity feed...
  4. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  5. Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...: I wanted to switch from Forza 4 to Forza Motorsports, but it broke my audio. I play with a wheel, but also plug in a controller (using a USB cable) to access the audio (there's no other audio-out...
  6. can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    can i activate game pass with a vanilla gift card: can i activate the game pass with a vanilla card 789dbc29-f77a-4c61-bf1f-9aac03b1c0de
  7. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  8. How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to check when a Minecraft Java key was activated?: I recently bought a key for minecraft java edition for PC, which the key claimed to have already been used when it was entered,, and the place I purchased it from insists they cannot give me a...
  9. Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet

in XboX Insiders
    Been a active member for a while now, couple years and no invite into the alpha rings yet: What do we have to do to get into the alpha rings? I’ve been in beta ring for so long that I’m getting FOMO LOL submitted by /u/derekagraham [link] [comments]
  10. Unable to download a Game Included in Game Pass with an Active Game Pass Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download a Game Included in Game Pass with an Active Game Pass Account: Hi Forum Please help as I am new here. I recently purchased an XBOX Series S and a Game Pass Family & Friends which includes Game Pass Ultimate. The subscription is active and renews...