"Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download

Discus and support "Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; First of all, sorry if I make mistakes, english is not my first language. So, I just bought the Xbox Game Pass for my PC. I wanted to play Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JorgeFabian Felix, May 19, 2019.

1. "Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download

First of all, sorry if I make mistakes, english is not my first language.

So, I just bought the Xbox Game Pass for my PC. I wanted to play Forza Horizon 4 and it being a Play Anywhere title was perfect for me.

The problem comes when I try to install it. I click on install and it says "Acquiring license" (I don't know if in that's the correct translation, in spanish it says "Adquiriendo licencia") but it stays like that for 30 minutes since I first clicked on install.

I've been waiting for it to start downloading but it stays like that, no matter if I close the store and re-open it.

Any help¡

:)

JorgeFabian Felix, May 19, 2019
  2. JorgeFabian Felix Win User

So far so good!

I don't know which option actually fixed the problem, but after I restarted my PC and tried to install it again it actually started downloading it!

Hopefully I don't run again with any of this kind of problems.

Thank's for the help!
  3. TheVet96 Win User

Hello JorgeFabian Felix!

I would be happy to help you with that. Let's start with this first:

If you're having trouble getting a game to play, uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help. This process replaces the files that run the game. Occasionally, these files may get corrupted or altered,
    especially if you've had a malware problem or are running a game modification on your device.

Some games can even repair the original files without you having to remove the game completely. However, if you installed the game from Microsoft Store, you'll only be able to completely uninstall and reinstall
    the game.

Notes

• Make sure that you've backed up any in-game setting before following these steps.
    • Follow these steps to remove and reinstall games from the Xbox App. When you remove and then reinstall a game from your Windows device, it will automatically remove and reinstall the game from the Xbox App

If you get back to the install and it says "acquiring license" again, we can further troubleshoot. Please let us know your results on here
  4. Andre' Arnett-Braun Win User

Hello, JorgeFabian Felix!

I'm sorry that you have been experiencing issues with installing content.

What troubleshooting have you done? Have you tried to restart your PC? Did you try to contact Xbox Support?
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Well if you face this issue, I suggest you change your Internet connection and see if that helps. If not, try these and see if anything helps you.

1] Check Time, Date, Region settings

Check your Windows computer

Time, Date and Region settings
    . Open Control Panel > Clock, Language and Region > Date and Time > Internet Time. Uncheck
    Synchronize with an Internet time server and set your system time manually. See if this helps. Even if you are not from the US, try setting Region to United States and see if that works.

2] Run Windows Store Troubleshooter

The
    Windows 10 Store Apps Troubleshooter
    is a great built-in tool from Microsoft which can help you with apps installation problems. You may want to run that and see if that helps. This automated tool will help you if your

Windows 10 Store is not working
    . You will be able to run this Troubleshooter from Settings > Update and Security >

Troubleshoot Page

3] Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

The
    Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter
    lets you troubleshoot and fix Microsoft Account and Sync Settings problems automatically. It will help you fix Microsot Account, Windows Store sync issues and more.

4] Reset the Microsoft Store

Open Settings and
    Reset the Windows Store via Windows 10 via Settings
    . Incidentally, our freeware

FixWin 10 for Windows 10
    , also lets you
    reset Windows Store Cache
    , in a click.

5] Re-register the Windows Store

In an
    administrative Windows PowerShell
    window, type following command and hit
    Enter
    key to
    re-register the Windows apps
    :

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Once the command is successfully executed, you can close
    Windows PowerShell and reboot the machine. After restarting the system, problems with apps on your Windows should be fixed.

6] Perform Clean Boot

Boot your Windows 10 computer in

Clean Boot State
    and see if you are able to acquire the license. Maybe your Firewall or Security software was cretaing issues.
  6. Misses Joust Win User

Failed to acquire license for download

Hi there jrewing! I'm guessing that the subject of your thread is also the error message that you see when you try to download the movies? Let's get some more info on this situation and see about sorting it out. Please come on back with the following:

• What movies have you tried to download on your phone?
    • Have they been downloaded to any other devices previous to your attempts on the phone?
    • Are you able to stream the content without errors?
    • Is there enough free storage space on your phone to store the video file?
    Let us know!
Thema:

1. "Acquiring license" and the game doesn't start to download - Similar Threads - Acquiring license game

2. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  3. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  4. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?: games such as Madagascar kartz, Shrek super slam, and more da2a213f-5693-4d29-848c-80009806c5ed
  7. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  8. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  9. Digital license

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital license: When I purchase a digital license, in this case it is MS Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary as seen here...
  10. Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to...: Now that you're clear to acquire Activision/Blizzard can you implement these changes to heroes of the storm and bring it back better than ever? First to solve the "it doesn't make enough money"...