Achievements in wrong language, why?

Discus and support Achievements in wrong language, why? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My PC's region and language are set to Australia and English (Australia) and yet, for years and across every different Xbox app ever made for PC, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xX Karza Xx, Feb 1, 2021.

  1. xX Karza Xx
    xX Karza Xx Guest

    Achievements in wrong language, why?


    My PC's region and language are set to Australia and English (Australia) and yet, for years and across every different Xbox app ever made for PC, my Achievements have always displayed in Japanese for many games, but weirdly not all of them. It didn't bother me much before because I could just get them in English on my phone or Xbox console, but now Achievements have been removed from the mobile Xbox app and I don't really want to have to turn my console on to see my Achievements for new PC games. I've been submitting feedback about this for years and it's never been fixed.


    Achievements in wrong language, why? [​IMG]


    :)
     
    xX Karza Xx, Feb 1, 2021
    #1
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

    Achievements are in the wrong language!

    Achievement languages are based on your IP location on the Xbox One for some reason. The locale setting on your console won't change the achievements language.

    It has been submitted to feedback.xbox.com but who knows if/when Microsoft will address that particular issue.
  3. wolfghostninja Win User

    Achievements are in the wrong language!

    Hi SadisticZeus,

    Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

    Yes you are right, it is an IP address localisation issue. I have not yet connected the xbone via a VPN, tbh I haven't figured out how to do that yet with a router. However I do have a VPN on my Nexus 6 and found that using the smartglass app without the
    VPN resulted in German achievements, but as soon as the app was refreshed with the VPN on the achievements were back in English. So it's a fix, and thank you for that. I hope Microsoft fix this, as it's clearly an unintended result. It makes little sense
    that one sets the system language and yet you are confronted with a foreign language.

    Just out of curiosity do you have a suggested method for running the Xbox via a VPN? Will this affect my multiplayer or my streaming speeds?

    Again, thanks for the assist.

    Best,

    .
  4. DenseCrab46344 Win User

    Achievements in wrong language

    It can't be too difficult to use the same system as the one on xbox 360. For me, it also worked perfectly on the 360.
  5. Breyzipp Win User

    Achievements are in the wrong language!

    I have the EXACT same problem as the OP.

    I bought an XBox one only a few weeks ago and the only 2 games I have so far are Forza Horizon 2 and World of Tanks, both digital downloads, and the problem happens with both games.

    When an achievement pops up during a game itself it is in English but when I look through my list of past achievements they are in French! I live in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium and I suppose the Xbox thinks my native language is French. Wrong, I
    don't even understand it very good. :(

    I have never had this problem on a PC or my PS3 before, only on Xbox One (I never owned a 360).

    Also, I am forced to put my Xbox system language to Dutch because otherwise payments are all wrong.

    Microsoft, please separate Xbox system language (or regional settings) from billing information. I prefer to have everything on my Xbox in English. No Dutch and no French! On a PS3 this worked as a charm, I'm sure you guys can do better in 2015 than Sony
    already could in 2006.
  6. -- Rick -- Win User

    Achievements are in the wrong language!

    Quick addendum to the above! I checked on xbox.com and your achievements for The Wolf Among Us and Wolfenstein both appear for me in English
Thema:

Achievements in wrong language, why?

Loading...
  1. Achievements in wrong language, why? - Similar Threads - Achievements wrong language

  2. [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!

    in XboX Insiders
    [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!: Hello everyone, I wanted to share a UI concept I designed to improve the achievement notification system on Xbox. The Proposal: Instead of using a plain diamond banner for rare achievements, I...
  3. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  4. Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?: I’ve been an insider for roughly a week now, and I wanted to see if a mythic achievement would pop for me. I recently fully completed a game and I didn’t get a mythic achievement, and it doesn’t...
  5. Is this a good idea for Xbox mythic achievement

    in XboX Insiders
    Is this a good idea for Xbox mythic achievement: So I read that the new mythic achievement will be granted for people who finish the game’s base achievement ( excluding the DLCs achievements ) Which is actually good for me But I have an idea ,...
  6. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  7. I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm in Delta but still haven't received the Mythic Achievements update: Basically, I was in the Xbox Insider Program years ago, and I joined again when I found out Mythic Achievements had been added. I’m in the Delta ring, but I still haven’t received the update. Is...
  8. Proposed Tweaks to Mythic Achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    Proposed Tweaks to Mythic Achievements: Mythic Achievements are a great, long overdue feature, but what do we think about these tweaks prior to public rollout? ‪1️⃣ They should show rarity, like all other achievements‬ do 2️⃣ Custom...
  9. Fixed Xbox Achievements in Wrong Language

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Fixed Xbox Achievements in Wrong Language: I found the reason why my Xbox achievements were in the wrong language (i.e. Chinese instead of English). My Windows preferred languages were set as: English (Canadian) Chinese (Simplified)...
  10. Issue with achievement tracking. 100% unlocked but consolidation is wrong

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with achievement tracking. 100% unlocked but consolidation is wrong: Yesterday i unlocked the last 3 achievement on Shinobi on my Series X. They unlocked correctly during the game, so 12 achievement ate unlocked but still on my profile it shows 9/12, 135/200. Can...