Achievements are in French no matter what I change. :/

Discus and support Achievements are in French no matter what I change. :/ in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This has been a problem for me since the beginning of Xbox One. I live in Belgium, a lot of people (including Microsoft) thinks Belgium is a country... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by niyooh, Jan 12, 2018.

  1. niyooh
    niyooh Guest

    Achievements are in French no matter what I change. :/


    This has been a problem for me since the beginning of Xbox One. I live in Belgium, a lot of people (including Microsoft) thinks Belgium is a country where people speak french. WRONG.

    The majority of this country speaks DUTCH and ENGLISH. A minority in the south speaks french and an even smaller minority speaks German.

    So it's pretty annoying that everytime I look at my achievements, ITS ALL IN FRENCH and
    sometimes other pages on the Xbox One are in French. I don't understand French. I have tried setting my location to Ireland, I've tried changing the language to Dutch.. This has given me problems with multiple wallets with money which is also
    a bad problem you guys have... AND EVEN THEN... ITS STILL FRENCH!!!

    This is only a problem for people in Belgium (I'm guessing), but we are a western country and Xbox is big here, you make money in Belgium. You sell a lot of Xbox stuff here so
    you should probably consider the fact THAT WE DONT ALL SPEAK FRENCH or at least give the option to set up a different language and have it actually work. I hate the fact that I can't look at my achievements, it's gibberish to me.

    PLEASE FIX THIS. AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!! FIX THIS!!!

    :)
     
    niyooh, Jan 12, 2018
    #1
  2. Maxime1106
    Maxime1106 Guest
    Achievements in different language than console language

    I live in Flanders, Belgium where we speak Dutch.

    Although the achievements are set in French and there seems no way to change that.

    My console language is English and I'd like my achievements to be in English too.
     
    Maxime1106, Jan 12, 2018
    #2
  3. TheWhyse
    TheWhyse Guest
    Language region problems!

    I'm from Belgium and i speak Dutch (Flemish) and i keep getting achievements in French. It does not matter what i choose for preferred language. As long as i have Belgium as region, they automatticaly assume i speak French. In Belgium people speak Dutch,
    French or German. I can change my region to UK or Ireland to get all English but then i can not purchase games etc with the money on my account. Not everyone in Belgium speaks French! This has been a problem for years. Please fix this. it's 2017!
     
    TheWhyse, Jan 12, 2018
    #3
  4. XxBlackScarsxX Win User

    achievements

    yes I changed it to dutch... btw was already choosen dutch when they asked for belguim dutch/french... my dashboard is already from beginning dutch... only achievements are french... so when I changed country to the netherlands it's dutch also... So to answer
    yr question ...No this answer didn't help.. what can I do? cheers
  5. XxBlackScarsxX Win User

    achievements

    Ok, so I changed my country to U.k, my language to english, then he need to restart himself... and still the achievements are in french :(
  6. Luypie Win User

    Achievements Language

    I experience somewhat simular. Not after location changes but right form the start. Not all games but certain games achievements are in French instead of english. Its annoying.
  7. cesstein81 Win User

    Achievements are in french, xbox on english?

    I live in Switzerland and have the same problem. All achievements inexplicably appear in French and there is no setting anywhere that I can find to change this. This is obviously a bug and an annoying one :/
  8. Kitkp Win User

    Digital Content from other regions

    Glad to find this at the top; saves me from not knowing the key words for searching for it:

    I'm American, living in France, and considering buying an Xbox One. My French is fine, and most of my French family speak English nearly fluently, so this is not a deal breaker, but if I understand correctly if I keep the region settings in France, the games,
    no matter where I buy them (even physical disks brought from the US?) will be in French?

    This is not what I want.

    I want the games to be played in their native languages, so most would be in English.

    This would require changing region settings to the US, but does that mean digital content I buy in the US store won't be able to be played on my French-bought console, even if the region settings are in US English?

    In a nutshell, what would I be missing if I kept my (French-bought) Xbox console in US English settings? I have no intention of "gaming" the system by regularly changing the settings, they would be kept in US English at all times.
Thema:

Achievements are in French no matter what I change. :/

Loading...
  1. Achievements are in French no matter what I change. :/ - Similar Threads - Achievements are French

  2. Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them

    in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring patch notes says mythic achievements are available but i still dont have them: I checked the omega ring patch notes this morning and it said mythic achievements were available however i have updated my console and still nothing is there can someone explain this to me...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?

    in XboX Insiders
    Is the Mythic Achievement still not showing up on PC?: I just got my first Mythic Achievement on PC, in the game INSIDE. Even though the achievement popped up during gameplay, it’s still not showing as available on my profile (and it’s not showing up...
  5. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  6. [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!

    in XboX Insiders
    [UI Concept] Displaying Achievement Art directly on Rare & Secret Achievement pop-ups!: Hello everyone, I wanted to share a UI concept I designed to improve the achievement notification system on Xbox. The Proposal: Instead of using a plain diamond banner for rare achievements, I...
  7. Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement bug in final fantasy 16: Hi team. Has anyone experienced something like this? I got all the base game achievements (even pushed hard this evening so I can hear that beautiful mythic sound) but it didn’t pop. The game...
  8. Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys, when do the mythic achievements appear on insiders?: I’ve been an insider for roughly a week now, and I wanted to see if a mythic achievement would pop for me. I recently fully completed a game and I didn’t get a mythic achievement, and it doesn’t...
  9. Is this a good idea for Xbox mythic achievement

    in XboX Insiders
    Is this a good idea for Xbox mythic achievement: So I read that the new mythic achievement will be granted for people who finish the game’s base achievement ( excluding the DLCs achievements ) Which is actually good for me But I have an idea ,...
  10. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]