Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update

Discus and support Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As per the title, the accessories app is apaprently unnable to work with the firmware that itself prompted me to update to when I first lauched it. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mobotium, Jan 11, 2023.

  1. Mobotium
    Mobotium Guest

    Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update


    As per the title, the accessories app is apaprently unnable to work with the firmware that itself prompted me to update to when I first lauched it. I don't own a console and bought the controller specifically for PC, so now I'm stuck in a position where I cannot remap the paddle buttons as I expected.

    Please advise.

    :)
     
    Mobotium, Jan 11, 2023
    #1
  2. Mobotium Win User

    Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update

    For an official forum, this isn't very helpful.

    I might as well just return the controler soon. Great it may be, it's absurd that I would run into an issue like this with it.
  3. PlainMax21 Win User

    Elite Series 2 Xbox controller

    It's still saying there's an update required on my Xbox after shutting it down completely unplugging it I waited 2 minutes instead of 10 seconds for good measure and the Xbox accessories app on my PC says: Unfortunately this app doesn't currently support your controller's new firmware on PC. We're working on updating the PC experience. Check back soon!
  4. NicoleR8 Win User

    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - No Firmware Update on PC

    My controller just recv'd an update about a month ago. Just bought a pc and connected controller which works perfectly however I am unable to configure my controller due to the "app not supporting my firmware on my controller"? Im a little confused. It's an xbox elite series 2 controller so how does the app not support it?
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Does Microsoft plan to support it's own XBox Controller firmware on the Xbox Accessories app (PC)?

    There might be an update to the Xbox Accessories app on the PC. Check using the Microsoft Store app on Windows 10/11. The app on the PC should then be able to recognize the new firmware of the Elite Controller.
  6. Cheater Kirito Win User

    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - A button opens Xbox Game Bar

    I also am experiencing this issue after purchasing the Halo Elite Series 2 controller, unable to use it in bluetooth as the A button toggles the xbox game bar and there isn't a prompt to update the firmware on xbox accessories app.
Thema:

Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update

Loading...
  1. Acessories app on pc says Xbox Elite 2 controller firmware not supported, after update - Similar Threads - Acessories app says

  2. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  3. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  4. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  5. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  6. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  7. Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement on the mobile app for Xbox: I've already had it on my PC and console, now I need on the mobile app to see how they gonna look on there. Keep it up with the good work guys submitted by /u/marcelu2k23 [link] [comments]
  8. mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.

    in XboX Insiders
    mass effect legendary edition not showing up in my xbox pc app library to install.: so yesterday with the rollout of disc to digital to the public i put i my mass effect legendary edition in my console to convert it disc to digital and i did just that but however though it shows...
  9. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  10. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...