Account recovery/support issue

Discus and support Account recovery/support issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm wanting to know if anyone else is having issues with Microsoft support? My account was hacked, I filed a recovery form, was rejected, called... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ajcat2, Sep 13, 2020.

1. ajcat2
    ajcat2 Guest

I'm wanting to know if anyone else is having issues with Microsoft support?

My account was hacked, I filed a recovery form, was rejected, called Microsoft, got an escalation, and been given roundabout answers and "apologies " yet no concrete information or results. Also the last agent I talked with had a lot of weird background
    noise. Rooster crowing, wind noise? And hard to understand the agent.... it's been 6 days since I filed escalation.

:)

ajcat2, Sep 13, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Account recovery and no support!!!!!

Support NEVER helped with password resets

Nor have they ever had access to your passwords

The only time they can issue an password reset is when your account has been compromised and you went thru the tier 2 proccess and verified the original info on the account which case it's sent to the ms account team for reset who then sends you the reset email

This was never EVER done thru the xbox team

As the other person mentioned the forgot password link and more options is how you got the form which you do need to fill out

And I've been around since the xbox original days
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Jeremy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out.I had a similar issue a long time ago and being completely honest this saved my life:

You need to create another account. Once you make the account, you should use the new account to login and select “forgot password.”

Choosing the “forgot password” option will send you a link to fill out some questions and information so Microsoft can verify that is your account, then you need to wait for Microsoft to contact you for more assistance and the recover your account!
  4. ngocphi Win User

Quick question do you mean you forgot your password and can't pass verification via xbox support?

If so then you got the wrong department

Xbox support cannot help recover passwords

That's the Microsoft.com team and they can only be contacted by email you fill out the form and if you pass or get enough other information to make up for the missing info then they can help you

However if you completely used random info then noone can help you

Verification is a LAW and you must pass pii for anyone xbox sony etc to talk about your account it's severe fines if an agent let's you in if you fail pii

For the agent not ms
  5. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello Jeremy!

If you encounter any issues requesting a call back or live chat on the Xbox support website, I recommend visiting Microsoft Virtual Agent

Then just type in “agent” and select the issue.

Select either of the option “Call me back” or “chat”
  6. jeremywhite365 Win User

Thank you !!!!!! Just made my day lol why is that support link working but not the other one it was telling me to use?
Thema:

1. Account recovery/support issue - Similar Threads - Account recovery support

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery: My son is wanting to transfer all his games from Xbox 1 to his new Xbox but it's requesting the email linked to the account. He no longer has access to this email as it's not available anymore. We...
  4. Minecraft Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Recovery: I recently tried to login to my minecraft account and had no luck getting in. What i forgot was i deleted a microsoft account a while back and im assuming that this account turned out to be the...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. account recovery not working at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    account recovery not working at all: I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give...
  7. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?: I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email...
  8. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  9. Xbox account all but bricked after "Recovery" from microsoft support

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox account all but bricked after "Recovery" from microsoft support: I'd like to explain that until recently I've not been active on my Xbox except for the occasional movie, Hense why I'm only bring up my issue months after I recovered the account. Yes, it pissed...
  10. Is there a way to get support to attempt a manual account recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to get support to attempt a manual account recovery?: Hi, I'm trying to recover my old account from the xbox 360 days: The email that I'm fairly sure is tied to the account is now a discontinued service (@excite.com), and the form to recover is...