Account not being used with gamertag that I want

Discus and support Account not being used with gamertag that I want in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was wondering if i could change my gamertag to something that is already taken but not being used. So lets say i want the gamertag “Pool” but someone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chrisolus, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Chrisolus
    Chrisolus Guest

I was wondering if i could change my gamertag to something that is already taken but not being used. So lets say i want the gamertag “Pool” but someone already has that gamertag but the account has absolutely nothing on it, no gamer score, no games played,
    no game clips or screenshots, etc. in other words its a dead account with no body actually using it. Is it possible for that gamertag to be released so i can use it?

:)

Chrisolus, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

It may never be released. As long as that gamertag is linked to an active Microsoft account, it will remain with that account.

There is a new gamertag system rolling out, where you can pick any gamertag (up to 12 characters and within the code of conduct) and a numbered suffix will be added.

https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag
  3. wahoodcool Win User

You have to change the taken GT first good luck.
  4. Ricardo Cintra Win User

A Sugestion, Try others way Like P001 or Poo1 or -Pool-
  5. Christyna64 Win User

6. {Parity} Win User

No, the gamertag has to be available on the system for you to get it. If it is completely inactive for two years then it will be released.
Thema:

1. Account not being used with gamertag that I want - Similar Threads - Account being used

2. How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...: how do i recover an old account if i don't have info? I am still being charged every month and don't even use 2f03c363-473f-46fd-b85f-ed853c94ddc5
  3. No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No transaction on Microsoft account despite all Microsoft balance being used and a €1...: On Tuesday 28th of November, I used up €249 of my Microsoft balance towards a purchase of an Xbox Series S starter bundle. The outstanding balance of €1 was a pending transaction since then. I...
  4. Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Replacing Primary Account Alias with an Outlook Account that is being used for “Account...: Hello All, Like many others, my primary alias for my Xbox account is no longer valid. I am wanting to use an Outlook account that I currently have as an “Account Verification” email as my new...
  5. Bank account being charged. But I do not have a subscription some one useing my card

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bank account being charged. But I do not have a subscription some one useing my card: I've had money come out of my bank for a while I've tried to resolve this many of times but still nothing, I'm owed like hundreds of dollars b47de570-a6c5-4156-aef0-74a957539418
  6. Xbox account is supposedly suspended after not being used since 2016 with no reason given.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account is supposedly suspended after not being used since 2016 with no reason given.: Hello, I have not used my Xbox accountince around 2016 and I decided to try and login today after speaking about the good old days with a friend. When logging in it says the following:...
  7. Can someone be playing on my account on my Xbox and I use my backbone with my account at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone be playing on my account on my Xbox and I use my backbone with my account at...: My friend plays on my Xbox with my account and I use my backbone sometimes, can I use my backbone with my account while they use my account 23803606-dd57-41f2-a8d5-2aabfc9392df
  8. I don't use, have or want an Xbox account. I should not be forced to use this when I don't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't use, have or want an Xbox account. I should not be forced to use this when I don't...: My microsoft account and to say that I am over 50 and still enjoy it as much today as I have always since the inception is no small feat. However, I don't see the point of Xbox and Skype. I...
  9. If I purchase minecoins on my android phone, Will I be able to use it on my account on xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase minecoins on my android phone, Will I be able to use it on my account on xbox...: I just want to know if I purchase minecoins from Minecraft Pocket Edition (on a android phone), Will the minecoins show on my xbox one as well? I have the same account on both devices....
  10. On my xbox 360 i use to be able to get on my netflix account. I cant find it on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my xbox 360 i use to be able to get on my netflix account. I cant find it on xbox one: can you reach netflix through xbox one 3cf9b37e-c05a-41a0-a184-91428e39356a