Account Linking to Playstation

Discus and support Account Linking to Playstation in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I've been through a fair few posts about this but I'm yet to see anything that may help me; I recently got a PS5, and bought Minecraft for it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jamie Edwards2, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Account Linking to Playstation

Hello,

I've been through a fair few posts about this but I'm yet to see anything that may help me;

I recently got a PS5, and bought Minecraft for it (intending to crossplay with my friends). I went to log in with my microsoft account and it says there's an error OR my account is linked to a PSN account already; the thing is I haven't personally linked my account with Playstation before and I can't seem to find a way to unlink it in either my Playstation or my Microsoft Account settings.

I'm unsure where to go or who to contact to get this resolved, and I really don't fancy making a whole new email just to play minecraft.

thanks.

:)

Jamie Edwards2, Nov 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jamie

Usually that message appears when you had an account linked to your PSN account.
    And right now unlink a Microsoft account from a PSN account is not possible.

Is stated in the link below:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/36...

"WARNING Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation:registered: account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation:tm: Network account can be associated with a different account. 

If you choose to unlink accounts, then purchases will be returned to the account which made the purchase. Even after unlinking, Microsoft and PlayStation:registered: accounts can only be re-linked to the original account."

If you're more than sure that you're using the correct account / you never linked an account previously
    You can reach Mojang support to see if something can be done from their side
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  3. Georges C. Win User

Linked PlayStation account bug

Hello again, you can contact Xbox support through the link below, but they will give you the same information I gave you about "Consent" because the process of linking and unlinking accounts is the responsibility of the account owner.
  4. TendedKibbles0 Win User

Linking Minecraft to a Playstation account

After reading that over, I've found nothing that solves my problem.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

PlayStation account linking error

Hello Isaiah Hernandez _859,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To answer your question, there might be no other way to link another Microsoft account to your PlayStation account. However, you may try to reach out to PlayStation for assistance about your concern. As once the Microsoft account was linked to your PlayStation, you no longer be able to link another one, based on Minecraft support article:

Once a Microsoft account has been linked to a PlayStation™ Network account, neither the Microsoft account nor the PlayStation™ Network account can be associated with a different account.

You will not be able to link another Microsoft account to your PlayStation account.

Source: PlayStation® Technical Support FAQ | Minecraft Help

We hope for your understanding regarding this point.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. jason c_1068 Win User

Linked PlayStation account bug

The problem is I’ve never linked a PlayStation account to my Microsoft account
Thema:

1. Account Linking to Playstation - Similar Threads - Account Linking Playstation

2. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  3. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  4. My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft...: My PlayStation account got hacked. so now my Minecraft is linked to their Microsoft account rather than mine. I can’t log in dfd9edbe-a489-4b88-8691-2e810459e1fe
  5. Cant change account linked to Playstation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change account linked to Playstation: My Microsoft account that was linked with my Playstation one got hacked and i ended up just creating a new one but i cant login with the new account because i cant unlink my previous one....
  6. I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.: Hey, I really want to not connect my old account to my PlayStation. Or delete by any chance to put my new Microsoft account onto Minecraft. By any chance y’all can do that? My PlayStation user is...
  7. PlayStation account linking error

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PlayStation account linking error: I have Minecraft dungeons, my friend who is on a pc wants to play with me on PlayStation so I attempted to login and sync up my Microsoft account to my PlayStation to play cross platform but I was...
  8. Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft will not allow me to link Microsoft account to Minecraft (PlayStation): When I attempt to sign in with my Microsoft account, it claims that it is attached to another PlayStation network account, however it is not. As a work around I attempted to create several new...
  9. I can link my playstation account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can link my playstation account.: I keep being told i signed in successfully but i dont have access to this resource.. ive tried with multiple accounts all ending in the same result 15887616-4156-4d17-90f4-83bf24382713
  10. I can't access the microsoft account that is linked with my playstation account and now I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access the microsoft account that is linked with my playstation account and now I...: My s.o. and I were wanting to play minecraft together so we got bedrock for my playstation 4 and on my laptop. The microsoft account asking this question is the one for my laptop, but the one for...