Account Hacked, Restored, Banned and then Ignored

Discus and support Account Hacked, Restored, Banned and then Ignored in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; After 2 weeks of trying I no longer expect for one moment to get any help with this from Microsoft. This issue as made me ill and to be honest this is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ApianRhino, May 31, 2023.

1. ApianRhino
    ApianRhino Guest

After 2 weeks of trying I no longer expect for one moment to get any help with this from Microsoft. This issue as made me ill and to be honest this is just a last resort. Before I sell the Xbox and put owning it down to a very bad experience.

My account was hacked and money was stolen from my paypal account. After many hours many false promises on chat I eventually got my account restored to a new email address and the money refunded. Which I was extremely grateful for. That was all Great...

Only for it to be banned a few hours later.

As whatever the reason for the ban was is down to the hacker I thought it would be easy for me to explain this and get the ban lifted.

But after a failed appeal (why???) No other way to appeal and then 2 days of explaining my situation on chat and being Promised by 2 different people that they fully understand and sympathise and I would be emailed I have heard nothing and feel abandoned by Microsoft and nobody is prepared to help me.

False Promises from chat.

1. from Imane Microsoft Answer Tech

I understand how important this is for you so I will personally follow-up this and I will personally send you an email as soon as it’s done.

2 from Wilson Microsoft Answer Tech

What I can suggest here for now is that you check your email from time to time for the update that I will surely send. No worries, the good thing here is that you have me here to personally track this case for you and once an update is available I will surely contact you back via email as soon as possible. I got you.

I appreciate their is very little information about my case here but if anyone from Microsoft is willing to help me I will give any information that is required.

Mike

:)

ApianRhino, May 31, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ApianRhino,

Thank you for bringing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that getting an enforcement action is not an easy thing to deal with and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

Before we proceed any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that Customer Support cannot assist with suspension or enforcement actions including us here in community forum. Enforcement actions must be addressed directly to Xbox Safety or Xbox Enforcement team. Depending on the enforcement action on your account, you can file for an appeal by using the case review process. If the option is available, you'll see the option to do so from your enforcement history. This process is handled directly by Xbox Safety, and it's the only way to contact the team about enforcement issues.

To check your enforcement history, sign in through the link below:

To know how to submit a case review, click on the link below:

To know more on what will happen if your account is banned, refer to the link below:

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern. We will be closing this thread here in community forum because we cannot do more than what you can do on submitting a case review and what the Enforcement team can do. If you have other concern other than Enforcement actions, feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we're more than happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. ApianRhino Win User

My mistake

Somebody was listening after all.

Enforcement history

Permanent suspension

Account

Appeal approved

Start date: 26/05/2023, 15:21End date: Indefinite

All working great again now.

Whoever it was who helped thank you so much.

Hooray :)
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello ApianRhino,

Thank you for your prompt response.

We have raised this concern to our internal support team, and they help us resolved the issue and thank you also for confirming.

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please feel free to mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. ApianRhino Win User

Firstly thank you for taking the time to reply. And supplying me with information.

To explain I did appeal. I explained in the appeal that it was not me and any wrong doing was down to the hacker who had control of my account at the time.

I really dont understand why the appeal failed I can only assume it was an automated response and not looked at by a real person.

The team that looked into my case agreed that my account was hacked and money was stolen so they must know that I had no control of the account when it was banned. So I dont understand why my appeal failed.

My money was refunded and my account was transferred to a new email (partly copied below)

Greetings Michael,

My name is xxxxx with Microsoft Support. I appreciate your patience while I performed an investigation on your account. Account security is a top priority at Microsoft. Our External Advanced Capability team is dedicated to investigating and validating fraudulent activity. The account and billing activity associated with your Microsoft account was thoroughly reviewed by our fraud team and I can confirm your account was compromised. At this time, I have taken the appropriate measures to secure your account. Please see the information below to regain control of your Microsoft account.

To answer your question

I now have no link either on the enforcement page or by replying to the email to appeal again.

I get the following message as copied from the enforcement page

 Permanent suspension Account  Appeal denied Start date: 26/05/2023, 15:21 End date: Indefinite Enforcement history No suspensions.

As I have now way to appeal or contact anyone It looks like the hacker as won.

So much for being a law abiding good person Thanks Microsoft.
  6. zwiXdizzLe Win User

My credit card info was stolen from Xbox Live.

Well, if your account gets "Hacked". As long as you contact phone support, and have them run an investigation which lately has only been taking 3-4 days from when they receive the request, they'll restore the account to how it was previously, secure the
    Live ID in the meantime, and also lock the account while they're investigating.

If you notice in the console ban forums, smart kids are getting banned for "hacking" accounts, so it's being taken care of.
Thema:

1. Account Hacked, Restored, Banned and then Ignored - Similar Threads - Account Hacked Restored

2. Hacked account

in XBoX on Windows
    Hacked account: So my brother he’s only 10 and he downloaded a virus in my computer and got my Microsoft account hacked and I had Minecraft on their that was bought for $35 and I need to get it back, If possible...
  3. Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...: It happened last year in November and i dont got access to the gamertag or current email/password 85649070-37f5-4ceb-a3f7-6b50351ed3d6
  4. Need advice on a possible hack of my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need advice on a possible hack of my account: I play Star Wars Battlefront with a group of friends. We have a group chat that we used. A few months ago we started having problems accessing it. We could only do so via the app. I discovered we...
  5. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  6. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  7. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  8. Account is still hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is still hacked: Hi, I opened minecraft on 4th March and the email id I bought minecraft with said, your email does not exist, so i found out a rambler.ru hacker hacked my account. I know the username of the...
  9. Minecraft is incapable of restoring hacked accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft is incapable of restoring hacked accounts?: Hi, I have recently had an account be hacked and with nothing left to do I contacted microsoft support in hopes they could help me restore the account. I have proof of purchase, TID emails showing...
  10. My friend's account got hacked and deleted. Can it be restored?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend's account got hacked and deleted. Can it be restored?: My friend got hacked, and the hacker used his Microsoft account to log into Minecraft. Then, the hacker deleted his email. He would like to ask some questions to whoever knows, and with that,...