Account family not allowing me to actually do anything

Discus and support Account family not allowing me to actually do anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to purchase a realm on my Minecraft account for awhile but it keeps rerouting me to the Microsoft family safety dashboard, which... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Katie Reynolds1, May 8, 2023.

1. Account family not allowing me to actually do anything

Hi, I've been trying to purchase a realm on my Minecraft account for awhile but it keeps rerouting me to the Microsoft family safety dashboard, which then tells me to click on spending, which then links me back to the dashboard.

I'm the only member on the account, the Minecraft account is mine and has been mine for 10+ years, I'm the primary holder and only person with access, a very of age 24 year old adult, and yet I can't seem to get past this issue.

No where allows me to change this setting, and I'm rerouted in circled back to the hellscape family safety website over and over and over again which does nothing but give me unhelpful tips.

How do I turn off the 'ask for permission' setting?

:)

Katie Reynolds1, May 8, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and an Xbox gamer. Hope you are doing well!

I understand what you are going through. One of my friend also have experienced this and no worries! I'll try to provide the troubleshooting that worked for this issue and let us see if it will work on your end too.

On cases like this, we may need to have another account (Parent account) to manage the settings of your original account. This is just to remove all restrictions so moving forward, you will not get any restrictions anymore. Let me guide you how:

1. You will need an alternate account that will serve as a parent. If you don't have one you can create at https://signup.live.com page.

2. Using the parent account sign in via https://account.microsoft.com/family page and add your Xbox email address or account as a Member/Child.

3. Accept the invitation using your Xbox account email.

4. Using the parent account, go to the https://account.microsoft.com/family page again to manage the child account.

5. Under the child account, click elipsis or 3 dots button and choose the Manage option.

There you may change the date of birth of your main account and remove any restrictions for purchases, etc. Once done, just restart your console or device and check if there are still restrictions.

I hope the above steps work for you but if not, please do let us know so we can try to offer further assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. HassanB Win User

Problem promoting my LIVE account

Hello,

Have you attempted to actually update the credit card? It shouldn't be saying anything about a family pack, if your not actually in family pack. Please confirm on the top right of your account on Xbox.com that it says Gold Member and not Family Gold Member.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Cannot Purchase Xbox Live Gold

Let me explain a couple things to you on how MS determines the whether an account is a child account or not.

1. Date of birth (DOB) when the account was ORIGINALLY setup. This is set in stone and even if you go in and change it the system only sees the DOB when it was originally setup.

2. Whether an account is in a family as a child account.

So with that being said until an account reaches its 18 birthday per the DOB when it was originally setup it is required by law to be part of a family as a child account.

The reasoning for that is that an account is required to agree to the MS terms of use for the account (which is a contract) and it is illegal to go into a contract with minors.

The system will allow you to remove yourself from a family as a child but if your DOB when it was originally setup is still under 18 it will not allow you to do anything on the account till you are added back to a family account as a child.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Custom gamer pic

There is actually two ways that makes an account a child account.

1. The DOB on the account when it was originally setup.

2. If it is in a family as a child account.

Sometimes when the DOB hits 18 it will not automatically go into its own family as an adult if this happens to you the best thing to do is to sign into the parent account at account.microsoft.com/family and remove yourself from that family this will put
    you into your own family as an adult.

If you do this and try and sign in and it says that you are required to be in a family and wont let you do anything else that means the DOB on the account still has not reached its 18th birthday from the DOB when the account was originally setup.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Banned for 24 hours for no reason then Ambassador status revoked and absolutely no help from MS!!

PPretty sure it's straight forward send the person a code

If you mwan any other method then no that's not allowed and is considered marketplace theft

Anything that has you give your login creditentials over the net isn't allowed it's only meant for actual friends and family
Thema:

1. Account family not allowing me to actually do anything - Similar Threads - Account family allowing

2. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  3. Code was redeemed to wrong account in Xbox family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code was redeemed to wrong account in Xbox family: Can I transfer it to the correct person? 28e1523d-a20a-4314-8af9-fd1018ae6b88
  4. Issues with family account adding second child profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with family account adding second child profile: How do you add a second child to the family profile. I created the second child email account and now it states the child is already a part of the family but I do not see them on the family and...
  5. Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. "

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Family Safety owned a organizer saved member, this happens " This is a teen account. ": Save adult organizers in Microsoft Family Safety. Is saved member but it's happened [img] Have problems To change this setting, have a parent sign in on console or web Need Tutorial...
  6. Issue with family account spending web page.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue with family account spending web page.: The page for spending options for my childs account won't work. I've tried to access this web page from several different devices and it shows an error. I need to change settings for the account...
  7. Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove a kid from account to transfer to another family froup.: I am unable to transfer a child account from my wifes account, to my account. It says child is unable to remove from the family and gives an error code. Also, unable to add her to my account...
  8. Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to install Minecraft on a MacOS with a Microsoft family account: So I'm trying to get Minecraft on MacOs, but since I am a child in a Microsoft family I have to ask for permission. The E-mail has been responded to and the request has been accepted but all I get...
  9. Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added child to family through an Adult account, still wont allow download of GTA V for Xbox S: Screen shows: Give this code to an adult You're not quite old enough for this PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily +rciZxNr49hdDcBjudZKHv.781 2023/12/29 - 21:40:35 UTC I already changed...
  10. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...