Accidentally put XBox Gold Subscription on wrong account

Discus and support Accidentally put XBox Gold Subscription on wrong account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a 3-month gold subscription and redeemed it online. When I check on my son's xbox though, it's not showing. I appears to be on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by swendt, Jan 23, 2021.

1. swendt
    swendt Guest

I just bought a 3-month gold subscription and redeemed it online. When I check on my son's xbox though, it's not showing. I appears to be on my account, which we don't really use. Is there a way to move that subscription over to his account?

:)

swendt, Jan 23, 2021
  2. oss2oss Win User

you can definitely share the xbox live subscription as if its on his account byt setting his console as your home xbox, or ask for a refund and start from scratch on his account, if you prefer the first option follow the link below

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

the steps are the following anyways :

first make sure you're logged in with your account on the xbox and then try these... after you do it just sign out and let your son use his account normally, it will allow him to connect as if it's his own subscribtion

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox live gold

Make sure that you are using the same Microsoft Account email as before.

You can go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/ to check the status of your subscriptions.

If your subscription is under the cancelled category, then your Gold simply ran out.

If there is no mention of a Gold membership subscription, you accidentally used the wrong Microsoft Account email.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Transferring Gold account to another user

If you accidentally put a gold membership on the wrong account give support a call and explain the situation to them. If the error was done recently they should be able to remove the membership and email you a key to put it on the other account.

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

Accidentally redeemed XBL 12M Gold subscription to the wrong account.

you will have to contact support and talk to somebody in billing they can cancel the gold and give you a token to redeem on the other account that is all you can do.
  6. SiLeNt Ph0eNiX Win User

account hold

Thema:

1. Accidentally put XBox Gold Subscription on wrong account - Similar Threads - Accidentally put Gold

2. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  3. I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics: [img] My screen had very bad quality I didn't know what to do and I accidentally pressed a tv graphics setting I think and so now I can't fix this and idk what to do...
  4. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  5. My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared: My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I turned the Xbox back on, nothing appears, apps/games, nothing and you can't go into anything, settings, anything, but the storage in the apps/game area...
  6. I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my Xbox controller from my device manager and i can't find a way to...: Can anyone tell me a way to do that? 068f9475-6371-44bc-a8ef-b669c2fa71ca
  7. My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...: I am unable to refund, because I can't see the refundable purchases on the list. b4e546e4-b5c1-4417-ac3e-547aec9e8bd5
  8. I've accidentally put a physical v-bucks gift card into this account but wanted them on a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've accidentally put a physical v-bucks gift card into this account but wanted them on a...: I'd just like to know if there's anything I can do, could I even bring them back in-store for a refund? 4ccd300a-1159-422d-9390-8a009edf19dc
  9. I put in the wrong email on my call of duty account and accidentally linked my Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I put in the wrong email on my call of duty account and accidentally linked my Xbox account: I tried literally everything to unlink my Xbox account to this random email I put in for my call of duty account by accident. I need a code from the email to unlink my Xbox account. BUT I DONT...
  10. I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code. If I return an item...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code. If I return an item...: I bought a controller online and I accidentally put the wrong zip code, and there is no way to change the zip code after the purchase. I only discovered this after the time period to cancel an...