'accidentally' purchasing vbucks despite payment methods being removed

Discus and support 'accidentally' purchasing vbucks despite payment methods being removed in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son keeps 'accidentally' purchasing vbucks and coins for games even though I have removed all payment methods. How is this possible? I had already... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Trish Tucker, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Trish Tucker
    Trish Tucker Guest

My son keeps 'accidentally' purchasing vbucks and coins for games even though I have removed all payment methods. How is this possible? I had already removed cards and payment methods but it keeps happening. How is this possible. Could my payment details be stored elsewhere?

I have been denied a refund and i am not happy.

How can I complain?

He is saying he has no idea how he keeps buying coins and vbucks. He is 12 - should I stop him playing all together?

:)

Trish Tucker, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Trish Tucker Win User

Thanks for your reply. The thing is I have a payment method linked to microsoft 365 which cannot be removed. The payment method was removed from the xbox but the payment was still able to be made. My son does not have access to my cards or paypal account. The payment method was removed from xbox yet purchases were still able to be made.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

It is only possible if the payment method is still available on your child's account, Trish.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Trish, after the card is removed, there really is no way to make a purchase again.

The only way is for him to have added it again.

Microsoft is unfortunately not responsible for this type of action, Trish.

And consumables are usually not part of the refund terms.

What I can help you by advising would be to confirm that you removed the card through the link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402659...

And also trying to appeal for a refund

Click on "Why don't I see my purchase in the list?" on the next screen click on "none of the alternatives" and fill in the form then

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-bil...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

vbucks purchase

Items (in this case, VBucks for Fortnite) can not be moved between accounts. You could ask for a refund here:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-refund

You should have bought the gift card as a gift and have it sent to his gamertag or email in the gift option instead of Purchase. Or you could buy a gift card at a store and have him enter the code while logged into his account on his xbox or on xbox.com
    and then have his account buy the item. And another way to do this is to log into his account on xbox.com and add your credit card to his account to purchase the VBucks and then remove your payment method from his account so he can't purchase things unauthorized.

1. To add a payment method to his account first log into it on xbox.com and go here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    And add it to the account.

2. Purchase the item (VBucks, in this case I believe) and then go back to that page

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments
    And remove the payment method from the account after the purchase is finalized.
  6. Omnicorporeal Win User

You don't want my money

Remove the payment method for the time being and “purchase” the free game. Not a fix, just a workaround.
Thema:

1. 'accidentally' purchasing vbucks despite payment methods being removed - Similar Threads - 'accidentally' purchasing vbucks

2. What do I do accidentally purchased a game for myself instead of my friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I do accidentally purchased a game for myself instead of my friend: I was trying to buy a digital gift for my friend I thought I could be tech savvy as I seen it was possible but now I own a game I don’t want and will never play can I somehow transfer it to them...
  3. Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I please get refund for accidental purchase?: I made an accidental purchase . I did not want or have any intention of it . Need a refund please. 8ade9264-5824-4d74-8b3e-12926234c8c0
  4. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  5. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  6. What do i do, i accidentally purchased fifa 23 points when i want fifa 24 points!?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do i do, i accidentally purchased fifa 23 points when i want fifa 24 points!?: I accidentally in a rush purchased 12000 ans 2900 points for fifa 23 when i wanted them for fifa 24 203e4370-1c1d-4140-a447-f1cfeccdd484
  7. So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I was checking the price on a game and tapped A instead of B and accidentally purchased...: It's called mortal shell enhanced edition and I didn't mean purchase it but I can't get my money back because it was to late. 50bce006-4fb6-4150-9a95-72652f0a61dc
  8. accidental purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    accidental purchase: i did buy game pass ultimate by a mistake and i cant refund it now can you pls help ? 88071e43-deef-457d-bc26-9c9d121fc6f3
  9. How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase?: How do I get a refund on an accidental purchase? 36e2e501-c56c-4119-9d48-4ff14b1a7167
  10. How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought. 2k23 and want a refund please 786638c2-06fb-4178-bedf-ea3893bbee6a