Accidentally changed gamertag

Discus and support Accidentally changed gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I accidentally changed my gamertag and want to change it to something else :( b5ee1fa4-97e7-4968-ad21-401d4ab1fc4e Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WW2Rifleman, Apr 3, 2022.

1. WW2Rifleman
    WW2Rifleman Guest

I accidentally changed my gamertag and want to change it to something else Accidentally changed gamertag :(

:)

WW2Rifleman, Apr 3, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

I siggest you read the e3 announcenent if you try and take an existing name you are given a randomized hastag

However if you dont want this the onky way around it is to try a not already used name

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq

You cant take whale if it is already taken hence the hashtag
  3. SylvorOnix Win User

It can't be reversed however you could always change your gamertag to something else if you are not happy with it. There is a fee to do so though
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Sorry sad to say its no way to reverse this process. Once name picked and claimed its yours.
  5. XBF-Spartan Win User

Accidental gamertag change

6. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

Once changed, you have to pay again to change it
Thema:

1. Accidentally changed gamertag - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed gamertag

2. Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”: Hi, I just learned of my free Gamertag change and while exploring different options of what my name could be changed to, and what is and isn’t available or has been used by others I selected an...
  3. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  4. How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...: My friend accidentally renamed my name and now i have to wait for 30 days, I am personally really disappointed and sad because I had my old username for 5 years and I will be sad if someone takes...
  5. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  6. How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...: I’m on Xbox series x and I accidentally changed my display option in video fidelity. How do I put it back onto automatic as I have a black screen? 69eb716d-b402-442b-bd1f-201d34b3f110
  7. how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off: how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off 874bfebd-af8e-47c2-83ae-2ef3aa793608
  8. Accidentally changed my gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidentally changed my gamertag.: Hi, I accidentally changed my gamertag on 14.08.23 and it won't allow me to use my previous one. It's saying ''This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one''. My former gamertag '''' is what I...
  9. I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names: I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names I was looking at and I’m trying to change it back but it says it is already took in even tho it’s not...
  10. How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?: Hi, I was looking to change my gamertag from the default/random one generated by Microsoft. Unfortunately, while checking for available gamertags I accidentally changed it something I didn't want...