Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free?

Discus and support Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My gamertag is nlighting518 because I missed the n after light. I was wondering since it's the same thing if I can change it to . I cant also use 518... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SwampFoxx56, Feb 20, 2023.

1. SwampFoxx56
    SwampFoxx56 Guest

Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free?

My gamertag is nlighting518 because I missed the n after light. I was wondering since it's the same thing if I can change it to . I cant also use 518 because of the 12 character rule. So I wish to choose . Anyways, I could have that done for free since it's the same name, and I just missed an n

:)

SwampFoxx56, Feb 20, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately no, just the first change is free and you can not get an extra one after the change is made
  3. ngocphi Win User

NopeNope if that character is really important you will have to pay for the change

It does confirm with you before you make the change
  4. JosephG7 Win User

Can I Change Back My GamerTag?

I was wondering if theres any chance I can change my gamertag back to its orginal because I accidentally changed it now I cant change it back without paying and my gamertag before was longer than 12 characters and I cant change it to its orginal
    even if I did pay
    Hi

Only the first change is free, the rest you must pay.. You also cannot have a GT of more than 12 characters, since it was possible in the old GT system, now not.
  5. CulenBohanon Win User

Name Change

Xbox made changes to gamertags on November 2019, if you had your gamertag before November 2019 you get one free gamertag change, any changes made after cost $9.99 usd. You can use a max of 12 characters for your gamertag.
  6. Big Boy Blobfish Win User

Unable to change gamertag

I'm trying to change my classic gamertag which is the one you see in games. My classic gamertag got changed and my Xbox One and Xbox App gamertag stayed the same (the Xbox One gamertag is the ones they added with the new gamertag system).

My Xbox One gamertag is different to my in-game gamertag and I want my classic gamertag to be changed. You can only change your classic gamertag on the Xbox One console, I have tried using the other ways and you can only change your Xbox Gamertag, not your
    classic gamertag.

The reason I want to change my classic gamertag is that the classic gamertag can be fifteen characters and the Xbox One gamertag can only be 12 characters. If I use the other ways to change my gamertag it limits me to 12 characters and sets both my gamertags
    to that.
Thema:

1. Accidentally change my gamertag and missed a character. Can it be changed for free? - Similar Threads - Accidentally change gamertag

2. Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”: Hi, I just learned of my free Gamertag change and while exploring different options of what my name could be changed to, and what is and isn’t available or has been used by others I selected an...
  3. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  4. How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...: My friend accidentally renamed my name and now i have to wait for 30 days, I am personally really disappointed and sad because I had my old username for 5 years and I will be sad if someone takes...
  5. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  6. How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...: I’m on Xbox series x and I accidentally changed my display option in video fidelity. How do I put it back onto automatic as I have a black screen? 69eb716d-b402-442b-bd1f-201d34b3f110
  7. how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off: how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off 874bfebd-af8e-47c2-83ae-2ef3aa793608
  8. Accidentally changed my gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidentally changed my gamertag.: Hi, I accidentally changed my gamertag on 14.08.23 and it won't allow me to use my previous one. It's saying ''This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one''. My former gamertag '''' is what I...
  9. I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names: I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names I was looking at and I’m trying to change it back but it says it is already took in even tho it’s not...
  10. How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to resolve an accidental change to my gamertag?: Hi, I was looking to change my gamertag from the default/random one generated by Microsoft. Unfortunately, while checking for available gamertags I accidentally changed it something I didn't want...