accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile

Discus and support accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Well I did it now, I accidently got confused and made a new Microsoft account, to which I redeemed a 12 mo Live Gold subscription to. It gave me some... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanielCLR, Nov 7, 2021.

1. DanielCLR
    DanielCLR Guest

accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile

Well I did it now, I accidently got confused and made a new Microsoft account, to which I redeemed a 12 mo Live Gold subscription to. It gave me some random gamer tag and profile, and no devices were associated initially. So I have associated to xbox to this new account via the serial number, and it validated the account by sending my phone a text instead of me entering a password. I want to keep my xbox tag and profile that I've used for years on my console. How do I connect it to this new account?

:)

DanielCLR, Nov 7, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, it is not possible to link one account to another, however, you can share the benefits of one with another using the home console function. To make this possible, you must set the Gold subscription account as home on your console, to do this you must follow the instructions in the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*We thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

You are most welcome at anytime!

No worries, it should work!
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello DanielCLR,

You cannot connect one account to another, but you can share the subscription between the two accounts by designating a home console!
  5. DanielCLR Win User

That will solve my problem if I can make it work.

Thank you
  6. Peter van Rijswijk Win User

Not a question, just venting - My kids keep spending my money so I had to cancel my auto renewal and remove all forms of payment.

A child account should not need a separate gold membership as long as its associated with an adult "GOLD" account period !!! As long as only one profile can be used at a time if the adult logs in the child is signed out
Thema:

1. accidental new account with live gold subscription needs associated with long time xbox profile - Similar Threads - accidental account live

2. My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend accidentally redeemed a code on a completely new account, I gave the code as a...: I am unable to refund, because I can't see the refundable purchases on the list. b4e546e4-b5c1-4417-ac3e-547aec9e8bd5
  3. i accidentally bought $43 minecraft on my old account and now it synced with my new one and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i accidentally bought $43 minecraft on my old account and now it synced with my new one and...: i have tried logging out and logging back in, nothing works 144688e5-7bed-4ed2-8a23-e7795482f726
  4. I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in...: I accidentally linked a Minecraft account to an email/Microsoft account that was already in use, is this possible? 4285c3bd-f7f2-4fe1-8aeb-77f7e2219010
  5. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...: So I got this new laptop and set it up. Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet. I thought it was having me login into my existing...
  6. My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son uses his Microsoft account for Xbox/ Minecraft. He accidentally created a second...: He can’t access his original account with previous purchases. Everytime he tries to login it take him to the new account. Thank you. 4fcbf8ca-eb9c-4018-a873-d83bac429d41
  7. I accidentally hit recover account and I have tried filling out the form several times and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally hit recover account and I have tried filling out the form several times and...: I filled out the form that Microsoft provides and provided credit card info that was used for xbox live subscription. The form keeps coming back saying the information is not correct and I have...
  8. Accidentally deleted microsoft account with minecraft in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidentally deleted microsoft account with minecraft in: Hello. On august the 1st 2023 I set my old microsoft account to deletion. On the email it said that the account was set to be deleted after august the 31st. On the other hand I've been reading the...
  9. I accidentally redeemed the guilded hunter fortnite bundle on the wrong account. I entered...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally redeemed the guilded hunter fortnite bundle on the wrong account. I entered...: I have just bought the Xbox series s and when setting it up I entered my email wrong and it created a new account which redeemed the exclusives and no I can’t get them on my actual account. Can...
  10. MY XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED BY ACCIDENT

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED BY ACCIDENT: So recently my xbox live account was banned. At the time i didnt do anything and at this point ive given up with xbox banning me. I didnt make a case review because those never work. So i took the...