Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB)

Discus and support Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Accessories app is not available in windows store and i can't use the Elite controller because of it (detected as normal xbox controller),... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MehdiZLE, Mar 15, 2019.

1. MehdiZLE
    MehdiZLE Guest

Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB)

Hello,

Accessories app is not available in windows store and i can't use the Elite controller because of it (detected as normal xbox controller),

Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB) [​IMG]

Can you please help,

Thanks

:)

MehdiZLE, Mar 15, 2019
  2. MehdiZLE Win User

Thanks for the quick reply, i've managed to install it (on PC) by changing the region.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Mehdi,

Sorry for the issue with the app. Which device are you trying to get the app? On the console the app should already be on the console. Any additional information will help.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. KnutBjerke Win User

Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I updated my Elite series 2 yesterday, and now I have the exact same problem. Elite series 2 is recognized as a regular xbox controller and does connect via bluetooth, but doesnt work. Connected via USB-c the XBOX accessories app doesnt even recognize it...

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didnt help.
  5. Heithwald Win User

Xbox Series Wireless Controller issues on PC

Hi.

The new Xbox Series Controller only works properly if connected by a USB-C cable. If connected by Bluetooth (quality third-party dongle), some games do not even recognize the input and some will, but menu buttons will not work and other buttons may not work
    as they are supposed to.

I have connected my controller by a cable and updated it with the Xbox Accessories App - same issues.

Could you please advise on how to resolve the issues I am having? Thanks!
    I have the same problem, windows says that the controller is paired via bluetooth but the xbox accessories app does not recognize it. It works perfectly if connected by a USB-C cable.

I have a bluetooth 4.0 dongle

As weird as it is, Xbox Accessories App will only recognize the gamepad if it is connected by a cable - it is as designed.

However, it does not explain, why the gamepad misbehaves, while it is guaranteed to work properly if you have up-to-date drivers and Windows update.
  6. Mae Sev. Win User

Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc

Hello Yeddy Yordan,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you're having trouble connecting your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC. There could be several reasons why your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is not connecting to the Xbox Accessories app on your PC or through Bluetooth. Nothing to worry, we'll work on this together.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions to help us understand the concern further:

1. Have you tried connecting the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to a different PC or Xbox console to see if it connects?
    2. Have you checked if the USB-C cord you are using is working properly by trying a different cord?
    3. Have you tried updating the firmware on the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller through the Xbox Accessories app on your PC?
    4. Have you checked if your PC's Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable?
    5. Have you tried removing any other Bluetooth devices from your PC's Bluetooth settings to see if that helps the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connect?

In the meantime, please ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the Xbox Accessories app. You can check the system requirements on the Microsoft Store page for the app.

Next, please try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

• Make sure that your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is fully charged. You can charge it using the USB-C cable that came with the controller.

• Try connecting the controller to your PC using a different USB-C cable. Make sure that the cable is fully inserted into both the controller and the PC.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try resetting the controller. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing rapidly, indicating that it's in pairing mode.

• If the controller still won't connect via USB, try connecting it to a different USB port on your PC.

• If the controller won't connect via USB, try connecting it to your PC via Bluetooth. To do this, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 3 seconds, then release it. The Xbox button on the controller should start flashing slowly, indicating that it's in pairing mode. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices, then click "Add Bluetooth or other device". Select "Bluetooth" and follow the on-screen instructions to pair the controller.

• If the controller still won't connect via Bluetooth, try resetting the controller and your PC. To reset the controller, press and hold the Pair button on the back of the controller for 20 seconds, then release it. To reset your PC, go to Start > Power > Restart.

If none of these steps work, please try updating the firmware on your controller. You can do this using the Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox console. Connect your controller to your console using a USB cable, then open the Xbox Accessories app. Select your controller, then select "Device info". If a firmware update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update your controller.

I hope this helps you with the issue for your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Accessories App not available and Elite controller not working properly (connected via USB) - Similar Threads - Accessories App available

2. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  3. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  4. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  5. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  6. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  7. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  8. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  9. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0
  10. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used...