accessing Xbox One Gamepass Saves after buying game on Xbox One

Discus and support accessing Xbox One Gamepass Saves after buying game on Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing Witcher 3 on the Xbox One using Gamepass for 3 months. I read that if I paid for the full game, that I would be able to pick up where I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NYTarheel16, Apr 7, 2020.

1. NYTarheel16
    NYTarheel16 Guest

I was playing Witcher 3 on the Xbox One using Gamepass for 3 months. I read that if I paid for the full game, that I would be able to pick up where I left off (in other words - that my saved games would transfer to the paid version of the game). So I let
    my Gampass expire and I paid for and installed the full version of Witcher 3 GOY edition onto the same Xbox One. However, it did not recognize or list any of my saves from my time playing Witcher 3 on Gamepass. I have over a hundred hours of game time in this
    and don't want to start over. Is there a way to recover my game saves? Where can I find them? Thanks for any help.

:)

NYTarheel16, Apr 7, 2020
  2. BraveSir Paul Win User

As spiffy stated above - the games are treated as two different games, even though they are different versions of the same game.
  3. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Hi! Unfortunately saves from The Witcher 3 won't transfer across to the GOTY edition as it's considered a separate game. Unfortunately you would need to start again. But on a positive note there are many different choices you can make so now you have a
    chance for that!
  4. choppyseize Win User

Xbox Game pass doesn't work

Hello

Did you buy gamepass for PC or Xbox one? If it was the Xbox one version you will only be able to access play anywhere titles on PC
  5. Jonny306 Win User

Game pass is not working

Okay,

You won't have Gamepass.

Gamepass is a subscription that provides access to a library of games that can be played without purchasing them. Similar to Netflix.

While "Gamepass Ultimate" provided access to that same library and also gives access to Xbox Gold and EA Play.

Ea Play is also like gamepass that offers their own game library that can be accessed while the Subscription is active.

With Gamepass Ultimate, you'll have Gold, Gamepass, and Ea Play all in one Subscription.

However, what you purchased (Xbox Live) is Xbox Gold. This is a subscription that provides access to online gaming.

It is not Gamepass so if you are looking for an active Gamepass after redeeming that 12-month Subscription, Gamepass will not show but Xbox Live or Xbox Gold should show.

Is that showing up at all?
  6. ngocphi Win User

(solved) Help with ultimate gamepass and 360 games

That's because you cannot access gamepass games on xbox 360

Gamepass is a xbox one or higher or pc only feature

You would have to purchase the games with your gamepass discount
Thema:

1. accessing Xbox One Gamepass Saves after buying game on Xbox One - Similar Threads - accessing Gamepass Saves

2. How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I allow my kids to access gamepass ultimate for cloud gaming?: My kids are under my primary account. When they try to access the cloud gaming, it tries to make them sign up for ultimate. Is there a way to allow them to access the ultimate subscription through...
  3. Can I change my console region to access a game on gamepass ultimate subscription not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change my console region to access a game on gamepass ultimate subscription not...: I have an Xbox Series X and I'm from India. There's a game called pillars of eternity 1. This game is not available in my current region India. My question is can I change my region to United...
  4. Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to access the DLC for Halo Wars 2 via my gamepass subscription?: I noticed that Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition was available via gamepass and was excited to finally have access to the DLC that came with the compelte edition. However, upon launching the game via...
  5. Account Recovery can’t access my games or Gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery can’t access my games or Gamepass: Woke up this morning email saying suspicious activity. Tried to use account recover because I changed my phone number and can’t receive codes to verify. Tried to the recover for almost a week now...
  6. Does early access work with the gamepass version from forza motorsport?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does early access work with the gamepass version from forza motorsport?: I've bought the premium add ons bundle for forza motorsport, but i don't have the 5 days early access. Does early access work with the gamepass version? db56fa98-f3c3-4af7-b10f-6d35a8976614
  7. I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need microsoft/xbox to fix issue with gamepass quests not being accessible on my account...: For months I have been unable to view or complete gamepass quests, daily weekly monthly etc. For some unknown reason they just disappeared and I've tried many fixes to find a solution but still...
  8. Starfield Early Access through Gamepass on a shared account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Early Access through Gamepass on a shared account?: I have access to gamepass through a shared account. I pre-loaded the game and purchased the premium edition upgrade, but I get the “too early” pop-up no matter what I try. Does the premium edition...
  9. I have 2 separate accounts on xbox series x, can't access gamepass games on one of them.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have 2 separate accounts on xbox series x, can't access gamepass games on one of them.: I recently added the second account and paid a year of game pass, but after a couple of months I'm unable to use it. Keep getting messages that I don't have game pass and it wants me to buy...
  10. I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it,...: I have gamepass and can't seem to access it on my Xbox 360, in fact I can't even locate it, it acts like I only have Xbox live 2740d81e-11c9-460e-8adf-8b88275d150e