Accessing Trial Membership

Discus and support Accessing Trial Membership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Need help please. My child rec'd a 360 for Christmas. I already have a Microsoft acct that I use on laptop and pc, so when setting up 360 I just used... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by huaxun10, Dec 25, 2015.

1. huaxun10
    huaxun10 Guest

Need help please. My child rec'd a 360 for Christmas. I already have a Microsoft acct that I use on laptop and pc, so when setting up 360 I just used it. Was having issues using controller (okay, I'm old Accessing Trial Membership :) so signed up the trial gold membership on my
    windows 10 thinking we would be able to use it on 360. But.... when I try to log in to gold on 360 console I get error message "This Microsoft account is associated with a different XBOX Live profile. Try a different account." Any suggestions?

:)

huaxun10, Dec 25, 2015
  2. State of Decay 2 (X1)

Create an additional profile on your xbox, skip the gold membership page and redeem your extra trial code on that profile, then sign that profile out and sign back in as your main profile.
    You'll then have access to your 2nd trial :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greasychipbutty, Dec 25, 2015
  3. RandomLee
    RandomLee Guest
    State of Decay 2 (X1)

I take it your Xbox has to be set as your "Home" Xbox for this to work?

RandomLee, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Accessing Trial Membership

Would be a lot better to just open a new and separate account for your child.

Paraffin Alien, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox live GOLD account not recognized on my account

Your account does not turn gold with a trial membership.

A trial gives access to some features of a full gold membership.
  6. EG GHOSTLY CM Win User

Confused on Sign In

Hello mwnance,

You have a free 1 month xbox live membership and it is a trial right?

If it is a 1 month trial, then it isn't a Gold membership, and will not give you access to Gold features. It will only grant partial sample access to certain features. That goes for all trial memberships 2 day, 14 day, etc.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Live Gold with register

How long was the membership for? 1, 3, 6 or 12 months? Or was it a trial membership of 48 hours or 1 week?

I'm thinking that you may have added a trial membership as your gamertag is showing as silver.

If it was a trial membership then it is not a gold membership and only gives limited access to activities on the console.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Xbox Live Gold trial codes not working.

A trial code is simply that. A trial. It does not change your status to Gold but only gives you limited access to some Gold features such as some online multiplayer. For instance, you would not be able to play Destiny with a trial membership.

Also, a trial membership does not stack so if you tried to use the second membership on top of the existing trial membership then that one will be lost and cannot be used again.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Gold prepaid code accepted but not working

Sorry to hear it. However, a trial membership will only give some access to online Gold features and are usually limited to the game it came with. As you are attempting to access online play within the NHL game itself I did want to mention that trial codes
    will not give access to ranked play.

If there is an unranked multiplayer option available in the menu give that a try.

Edit: I almost forgot. A trial membership does not show as a Gold membership at all. It just gives limited access for the time specified.
Thema:

1. Accessing Trial Membership - Similar Threads - Accessing Trial Membership

2. Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.

in XBoX on Windows
    Weird issue with Dolby access free trial.: I started a 7 day free trial with Dolby access on my xbox series s and when I tried to configure it it told me that I needed to buy a license or start a free trial. So I went back to the app and...
  3. how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i cancel the dolby access 2 year free trial that came with my rig headset?: i tried doing it through dolby access on my xbox but that did not work. i tried through xbox settings but i could not find anything either. 1efed17f-0a26-486c-8265-d55223941790
  4. Can't access EA Play trial for fifa in new store

in XboX Insiders
    Can't access EA Play trial for fifa in new store: The old store would have a clickable brick that allowed you to select "download/play trial"-it was normally adjacent to the pre-order brick. The new store has no such brick for the EA Play trial,...
  5. Can't download ea access trial from new store

in XboX Insiders
    Can't download ea access trial from new store: For madden 21 there is a trial if you have ea access. But with the new store it doesn't let you download it. When clicking free trial it takes you to the ea access store page and that's it. This...
  6. Xbox Error Code 0x803f8001 & 0x82D40003, unable to launch EA Access Trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Error Code 0x803f8001 & 0x82D40003, unable to launch EA Access Trial: I renewed my subscription to EA Access on September 8th, 2019, hoping to play a few hours of the NHL 20 trial. After completing the trial download, I attempted to launch the game through the EA...
  7. EA access fifa 20 trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA access fifa 20 trial: I have bought the EA access to play the trial for fifa 20 but when I try to start the game it asks me if I own this game. error code is 0x806F8001. What should I do?...
  8. Error while loading up EA access trial game

in XboX Insiders
    Error while loading up EA access trial game: Every time I load it up it says; Something went wrong, give it another try Any work around? submitted by /u/twiggysafc [link] [comments]
  9. Free vault EA Access doesn't work with a trial gold membership

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Free vault EA Access doesn't work with a trial gold membership: Doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere but if you are on trial membership you can't download the vault games from the store during the 'free' period running until the 22nd. The main issues is I...
  10. EA Access overlap of Existing Membership and Trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA Access overlap of Existing Membership and Trial: In April 2016, I had bought 1 year subscription of EA Access. And now the subscription is Inactive due to my redeeming of a 1 month Trial of EA access in August 2016 which i got with my FIFA 17...