Accessability:. Why can't triggers and other buttons not be switched?

Discus and support Accessability:. Why can't triggers and other buttons not be switched? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I understand why you have the setup you have in the first place. I understand that the reason why you don't let triggers map to non-triggers or vice... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TripleTopper321, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Accessability:. Why can't triggers and other buttons not be switched?

I understand why you have the setup you have in the first place.

I understand that the reason why you don't let triggers map to non-triggers or vice versa is because the triggers are analog on most controllers and it would cause errors if either a digital controller was on an analog input or vice versa.

However that is causing problems with games that have all digital inputs. The most notorious examples being fighting games and the Sega Genesis collection.

On most fight sticks, the two triggers always wired to the two buttons on the bottom row on the outside. ABC and XYZ are switchable, but because left trigger and right trigger take up certain positions on the joystick it is impossible to lay out the buttons so that you have two rows or three buttons like the Genesis was intended to have.

Luckily I can offer a solution. In the Xbox accessories app add a checkbox that says all digital mode. When it's checked on then the triggers are no longer stuck to the triggers and all inputs are now considered digital for the purposes of remapping.

And the good thing about this is that it raises a flag whenever you're trying to play a game with analog triggers and the analog triggers are not rightly where they belong. If All Digital mode is checked and the triggers are not on the triggers and certain games require analog triggers then the game could shut itself down at the operating system level and say please turn off all digital mode and remap the buttons so that triggers are on triggers so that you may continue without any gross errors in the game.

:)

TripleTopper321, Jul 25, 2022
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

why we can't change (Lt or Rt) by other bottom like ( A-B-X-Y or LB-RB) ?

Because the trigger effect can't be reproduced by other buttons
  3. Crispchew Win User

One thing I wish they would sort out in SR3

I know what you mean, which is why I switched the control scheme to the triggers, instead of the buttons. I mean, who uses the buttons, anyway? It's difficult to drive and gun using that scheme.
  4. Revelene Win User

Dead rising 3

On the default control scheme, the right trigger is used for acceleration. If it doesn't work, go look at your settings. If you can't figure that out you may want to test if the triggers and other buttons are working in other games.
  5. Sparty117 Win User

download

Hello fellow Gamer!

What game is the DLC for?

The DLC might be level specific. In some games you can't access certain DLC unless you've beaten X mission, or reached X level. So that might be why you can't access it yet. One other thing that I can think of is you have to trigger it by speaking to a specific
    character.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Button mapping

You probably can't switch the assignments, as technically, the RB Button is a digital on/off button, whereas the RT Trigger is seen as an analogue axis. Switching these on a system level, would make multiple games unplayable. If a game like Overwatch allows
    remapping, because they "know" that the new button/trigger mapping won't break anything.

But the console won't know if you don't start a driving game after your Apex session, which would cause your car to only allow full throttle or no throttle.

If you require hairtrigger precision in your shooter games that don't allow for remapping, you might want to invest in an

Xbox One Elite controller
    , which has a small switch, that will move the trigger boundary further to the front, so the trigger feels and acts like a digital button with less travel.
Thema:

Accessability:. Why can't triggers and other buttons not be switched?

1. Accessability:. Why can't triggers and other buttons not be switched? - Similar Threads - Accessability Why can't

2. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  3. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  4. Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access my games after I already paid for subscription: I paid for Xbox game pass subscription so I didn't have to wait to play these games especially campaign modes. 98e53dab-64c4-46b1-b5cf-62f59fed1fd2
  5. Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access MW3 Vault edition today?: So I purchased the Vault edition of MW3 a few days ago through the Game, not the Microsoft store. I downloaded all the files including the MW3 Campaign, the 2 vaults, and the 3 skins. The charge...
  6. Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my family access ultimate game pass?: We have an ultimate game pass subscription, we are based in the UK, the xbox one x home setting is set to the xbox. Family members on the microsoft subscripton and xbox only seem to receive game...
  7. Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't i access my Microsoft Rewards?: So, everytime i try to access Microsoft rewards on my XBOX ONE, it just tells me: ''Service Unavailable. Please try again.'' So, what am I supposed to do now? I've tried to access it for days now...
  8. Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I access the Modern Warfare 1 Campaign when I have it installed.: I checked the add ons, as well as the Game Installs section in the Modern Warfare settings, and both of them say that I have the Campaign Pack installed, but whenever I start the game up, all I...
  9. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  10. Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't i access "Audio & music" after using afterglow controller?: After setting up afterglow controller and downloading afterglow app, I no longer have access too "Audio & music". I checked everything I could within the afterglow app and everything was on "max...