Access to unsuitable content when signed out

Discus and support Access to unsuitable content when signed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently started with Xbox, and have created accounts for myself (unrestricted), and my young son. I have also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dai Bach, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dai Bach
    Dai Bach Guest

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently started with Xbox, and have created accounts for myself (unrestricted), and my young son. I have also set up 'signed out content restrictions'. The issue is- when all users are signed out, I can still browse
    the store and see 18 rated games advertised, including the ability to browse games images. Clearly this means my young son is able to simply sign out and see this imagery.

I called Xbox support and was told that there is no solution to this, and that images will always be available to signed out users. This is pretty poor, considering the extremely graphic nature of some of the images available.

can anyone offer some advice here please? Perhaps I have set things up incorrectly.

many thanks

David

:)

Dai Bach, Dec 29, 2015
  2. My Home Xbox Issues

If you have two xbox ones, set the console in the living room to be your home xbox. This will grant anyone access to your digital content. When you sign in to xbox live on the console in your room only you will have access to the digital content and only
    when you are signed in to xbox live. Note: if your account is signed in on the second xbox (the one in your room). Other signed in accounts will have access to your digital content again.

There should be no need to change back and forth between home consoles with this setup unless multiple users need access to digital content on both xbox ones and you don't want your account signed in on the second xbox.

Karen

Slow GIN Fizz, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Chris238
    Chris238 Guest
    A Question...

The way I understand it is:

(Assuming that your gamertag will be purchasing the majority of content)

-One console can be the "Home" console

-The other console can also be used to download your content but only works when your gamertag is signed on

-You should set your home console to the one that the other people use the most so that they can access all your games.

-Use the non-home console as your own primary console as you can access all your content no matter what xbox you're signed on to.

To understand why it works this way, when you purchase content, you get 2 "licenses" for it. You need one of these licenses in order to access the content. One license is assigned to the gamertag that purchased it. So that gamertag will always have access
    to the content, no matter where they are signed on. The other license gets assigned to your "Home" console. This means anyone signed on to that console has a valid license, and as such, can access the content while signed on to that specific console.

Chris238, Dec 29, 2015
  4. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

smurf accounts made to harrass

They are annoying they share unsuitable content, you need to report and block
  5. Eugene Barnardt Win User

Remove "Skip Sign In" button

I had the same issue where my son would skip sign in after his time was up.

The way to solve this, go to Signed-out content restrictions, create a guest key, and then this will unlock the “Access to content” setting. Here you say what is allowed when someone skips the sign in.

Set it to Restricted and voil - they can’t access any games whilst signed out
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Family Gold Pack Problems

Are you trying to access the packs on the same console or on different consoles?

When you download content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content as well as the console it was purchased on. All profiles can access the content if they are on the same console that the content was purchased on. The gamertag that purchased
    the content can access the content on any console as long as it is signed into Live.
  7. Slow GIN Fizz Win User

My Home Xbox Issues

If you have two xbox ones, set the console in the living room to be your home xbox. This will grant anyone access to your digital content. When you sign in to xbox live on the console in your room only you will have access to the digital content and only
    when you are signed in to xbox live. Note: if your account is signed in on the second xbox (the one in your room). Other signed in accounts will have access to your digital content again.

There should be no need to change back and forth between home consoles with this setup unless multiple users need access to digital content on both xbox ones and you don't want your account signed in on the second xbox.

Karen
  8. DominumStige Win User

Xbox stuck loading (Green screen of death)

If the console is too old and has been used a lot, it could be a problem of overheating due to the unsuitable thermal paste. Does the console give out too much heat when it is operating?
Thema:

1. Access to unsuitable content when signed out - Similar Threads - Access unsuitable content

2. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  5. accessing xbox live from pc to other device

in XBoX on Windows
    accessing xbox live from pc to other device: i recently broke my laptop and i’m unable so access the screenshots and screen recordings i took using the xbox live feature on my pc so i was wondering if i could access them on any other device...
  6. Unable to access audio settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to access audio settings: So I just connected my razer nari ultimate to my xbox series s and im unable to access my audio settings (mic monitoring, headset chat mixer and headset volume) and I was just wondering if there's...
  7. Unreal Engine 5 Console Access Request

in XBoX on Windows
    Unreal Engine 5 Console Access Request: "Hello , Thank you for filling out the Unreal Engine Console Access Request form. Epic requires a confirmation of console development status in order for us to grant source code and resources for...
  8. Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players

in XboX Insiders
    Throne and Liberty Global Closed Beta Free access for Xbox Players: Hello guys , If you are interested with MMORPG You can taste amazing free 2 play mmorpg's closed beta test , free access from Xbox insider hub . Here is video how you can do it...
  9. why am I not able to access the rewards giving page

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not able to access the rewards giving page: For a week now when I play the microsoft solitaire collection, i.e. the daily challenge or the todays events I no long get the rewards giving page it seems to have been removed?...
  10. How do i access my xbox captures on my pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i access my xbox captures on my pc: I made clips of skate3 on my Xbox one x, and i want to access those captures through my pc so i can have said clips on my pc. But when i go into the Xbox app it doesn't have anywhere that shows my...