Access to unsuitable content when signed out

Discus and support Access to unsuitable content when signed out in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently started with Xbox, and have created accounts for myself (unrestricted), and my young son. I have also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dai Bach, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dai Bach
    Dai Bach Guest

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently started with Xbox, and have created accounts for myself (unrestricted), and my young son. I have also set up 'signed out content restrictions'. The issue is- when all users are signed out, I can still browse
    the store and see 18 rated games advertised, including the ability to browse games images. Clearly this means my young son is able to simply sign out and see this imagery.

I called Xbox support and was told that there is no solution to this, and that images will always be available to signed out users. This is pretty poor, considering the extremely graphic nature of some of the images available.

can anyone offer some advice here please? Perhaps I have set things up incorrectly.

many thanks

David

:)

Dai Bach, Dec 29, 2015
  2. My Home Xbox Issues

If you have two xbox ones, set the console in the living room to be your home xbox. This will grant anyone access to your digital content. When you sign in to xbox live on the console in your room only you will have access to the digital content and only
    when you are signed in to xbox live. Note: if your account is signed in on the second xbox (the one in your room). Other signed in accounts will have access to your digital content again.

There should be no need to change back and forth between home consoles with this setup unless multiple users need access to digital content on both xbox ones and you don't want your account signed in on the second xbox.

Karen

Slow GIN Fizz, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Chris238
    Chris238 Guest
    A Question...

The way I understand it is:

(Assuming that your gamertag will be purchasing the majority of content)

-One console can be the "Home" console

-The other console can also be used to download your content but only works when your gamertag is signed on

-You should set your home console to the one that the other people use the most so that they can access all your games.

-Use the non-home console as your own primary console as you can access all your content no matter what xbox you're signed on to.

To understand why it works this way, when you purchase content, you get 2 "licenses" for it. You need one of these licenses in order to access the content. One license is assigned to the gamertag that purchased it. So that gamertag will always have access
    to the content, no matter where they are signed on. The other license gets assigned to your "Home" console. This means anyone signed on to that console has a valid license, and as such, can access the content while signed on to that specific console.

Chris238, Dec 29, 2015
  4. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

smurf accounts made to harrass

They are annoying they share unsuitable content, you need to report and block
  5. Eugene Barnardt Win User

Remove "Skip Sign In" button

I had the same issue where my son would skip sign in after his time was up.

The way to solve this, go to Signed-out content restrictions, create a guest key, and then this will unlock the “Access to content” setting. Here you say what is allowed when someone skips the sign in.

Set it to Restricted and voil - they can’t access any games whilst signed out
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Family Gold Pack Problems

Are you trying to access the packs on the same console or on different consoles?

When you download content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content as well as the console it was purchased on. All profiles can access the content if they are on the same console that the content was purchased on. The gamertag that purchased
    the content can access the content on any console as long as it is signed into Live.
  7. Slow GIN Fizz Win User

My Home Xbox Issues

If you have two xbox ones, set the console in the living room to be your home xbox. This will grant anyone access to your digital content. When you sign in to xbox live on the console in your room only you will have access to the digital content and only
    when you are signed in to xbox live. Note: if your account is signed in on the second xbox (the one in your room). Other signed in accounts will have access to your digital content again.

There should be no need to change back and forth between home consoles with this setup unless multiple users need access to digital content on both xbox ones and you don't want your account signed in on the second xbox.

Karen
  8. DominumStige Win User

Xbox stuck loading (Green screen of death)

If the console is too old and has been used a lot, it could be a problem of overheating due to the unsuitable thermal paste. Does the console give out too much heat when it is operating?
Thema:

1. Access to unsuitable content when signed out - Similar Threads - Access unsuitable content

2. GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?

in XboX Insiders
    GameStop digital preorder how do I get access to it?: I preordered a digital game today at GameStop. I tried to figure out how the whole process of getting access to it works while at the store, but I left still confused. How does a digital pre order...
  3. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  4. Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway I can gain access to my old xbox account. I know the email, just no longer...: Am i able to gain control of my old xbox account, if I know the username and email it was linked to. Even though I don’t have access to that email anymore. dd2e857c-3391-4d7c-b372-25a046952f5c
  5. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  6. how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reset the password for an old account that I cant access anymore: I have not really cared about this account for a long time until now but I have been trying for hours on the recovery account I have the email if you want to find out the information but since it...
  7. How do I cancel this subscription/Gain access to this account again.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I cancel this subscription/Gain access to this account again.: It has been 3 days of trying to call Xbox or email to which none of these methods have worked. For it being a 3 trillion dollar company you'd really expect better with support and not...
  8. One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One email, Two Xbox Accounts. Can I Access Both?: So this is something that’s given me issues in the past and I’ve been having troubles with it now that I’ve upgraded to an Xbox Series X. On my Xbox One, I had 2 profiles under the same email and...
  9. How do I access my Xbox live captures from my Windows 10 PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I access my Xbox live captures from my Windows 10 PC?: How can I access my captures? The console companion app is no longer supported as of 2024. The Xbox App does not show my xbox live captures anywhere, By what method can I view my content? Can...
  10. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...