Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

Discus and support Access to cloud save files from Xbox? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Flyingbaconfish, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried reinstalling, resetting, deleting local saves to pull from the cloud, reloading my profile and reinstalling again. I can join games on that map (multiplayer) and create saves on other profiles for that map. I today loaded the game onto my PC and tried to load the map from the cloud save. Same issue, so highly likely an issue with the save file.

Now, I am aware that ark, when played on PC, creates a backup save, which you can revert to if there is an issue. I assume this is the same on Xbox, but I can’t access the file as it is in the cloud… I assume it would have been on my Xbox pre-reset also, but same issue.

Tech support basically told me that ‘progress is linked to my profile’ and pretty much denied ‘save files’ are a thing… they then advised me I’m part of the insiders program (I did not know this) and implied they couldn’t help me because of that.

Is anyone on here able to advise if there is a way to access the saves that are stored in the cloud? Even if just to back them up in case a fix comes along? As you can only have one save per map, I’m effectively locked out until I decide to delete the save and start again.

TLDR: my save got corrupted for ark, I know a backup should be in the cloud and I’m wondering if there is a way to access this…

submitted by /u/Flyingbaconfish
    [link] [comments]

/u/Flyingbaconfish, Apr 14, 2024
  2. iSh3rlock Win User

Is a 250GB Hard Drive from an XBOX 360S compatible with a 4GB XBOX 360S?

yes it will work. both systems are xbox S model. so you're good to go!

but to access the save file that is not necessary. you can turn on cloud save on your system for both you and your friend. then he can download the save files from cloud to his console. but to access the cloud, you have to have a gold subscription!
  3. Mister Taurus Win User

Transfer Xbox 360 HDD data to Xbox One without cloud

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. You should be able to remove the hard drive, use another persons Xbox 360 of the same model to access your account, and upload those save files to the cloud. The cloud is the only current way to access these save files.
  4. kevindscott Win User

cloud xbox gold?

From what I was reading when I first started to use the Cloud storage,

If your Gold expires, you have read-only access to your Cloud storage, but no write, so yes, you can then copy your save files back to your hard drive from Cloud Storage.

And yes, the cloud storage files are saved to the hard drive, the upload to the cloud appears to happen when the XBox is off, since turning on the Cloud storage, my XBox often does the 'background download/upload" when powering down.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox pc game pass saves(Starfield) to OneDrive for backup how?

save files are not accessible, they're already being backed up to the cloud for you
    Actually they are accessible. The Game Pass version of Starfield stores its save files here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs\<user-id>

This is a different location to the Steam version. Reason being that the Xbox App version saves a copy to the Microsoft Cloud.

Most Xbox App saves are user accessible. I deleted the saves for Forza 7. Started the game and cancelled the cloud download sync. This allowed me to start again fresh.
  6. TheWetWood Win User

Can I choose between Cloud Saves or Local Saves for my games? Can I access these files?

Hey Paul,

Thank you for the overview of the cloud saves. Regarding the second question, am I able to access these files myself? I'm assuming not for the cloud saves as the Xbox(Beta) app is still rough around the edges and obscure but how about the local game files?
Thema:

Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

1. Access to cloud save files from Xbox? - Similar Threads - Access cloud save

2. how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ?

in XboX Insiders
    how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ?: how to access your screenshot and clips saved on the cloud with the new xbox app on pc ? submitted by /u/Venceslas22 [link] [comments]
  3. How do i access my old cloud saves, the ones before the current one, or even old console...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i access my old cloud saves, the ones before the current one, or even old console...: I need to access my older cloud data/xbox safe data, specifically for Minecraft, i have lost some of my data by accidentaly loading a cloud save from 2021 and need help reverting it to a save from...
  4. Trying to access my saved data on the cloud on new xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to access my saved data on the cloud on new xbox series X: So I remember having a fun time playing rares banjo kazooie, I know i uploaded it to cloud. With the new xbox series X decided to load it up and play. It has been literal hell trying to retrieve...
  5. Can I access save files that are on the cloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Can I access save files that are on the cloud?: I've recently been playing persona 4 golden. I've been playing one I downloaded from the xbox gamepass app on PC but basically I got the games bad ending and now I want to try and go back to an...
  6. My monster hunter rise save file just disaperd how do i access me cloud saves to see if its...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My monster hunter rise save file just disaperd how do i access me cloud saves to see if its...: how do i access my cloud saves 02cf1b2c-5180-4ac1-b5a3-200781ec2c5c
  7. How to access cloud save from new decice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to access cloud save from new decice: Hey hope you are well, i have gamepass on on my pc and have been playing on it for a while using cloud saves,however i downloaded the gamepass app to my laptop and when i play games through it it...
  8. Can't connect to Xbox live to access cloud save using backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Xbox live to access cloud save using backwards compatible 360 games: I upgraded to an Xbox One X recently and have had no problem access my progress from my Xbox One games from the cloud. However when it comes to my Xbox 360 games I've had more of an issue. Lego...
  9. How to access my xbox cloud save on pc?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to access my xbox cloud save on pc?: So I've been playing outer worlds on my xbox one and noticed it was available on pc as well and thought id check it out on here but how would i access my already saved data on xbox one?...
  10. Moving save data. Cloud means nothing, zero internet access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving save data. Cloud means nothing, zero internet access: I have zero internet. Zero. I live on top of a mountain, and thus cannot access cloud. I'm trying to move save game cache to USB because my system will not let me install a game now, at all. Wont...