About MSFS2020's Installer

Discus and support About MSFS2020's Installer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having an issue where when I am installing MSFS2020 it takes very long to install. But when I download a game through steam for some reason... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by K.OuTHROW, May 14, 2022.

  1. K.OuTHROW
    K.OuTHROW Guest

    About MSFS2020's Installer


    Hi all, I'm having an issue where when I am installing MSFS2020 it takes very long to install. But when I download a game through steam for some reason the network prioritizes it and makes it easy to install.

    When I check through task manager to see the problem I compared both steam's installer and MSFS2020's installer by looking at network usage.
    Apparently Steam gets 100 Mbps and MSFS2020's installer gets 1 - 6 mbps.

    I've tried shifting it's priority level to high priority although it still does not work.

    :)
     
    K.OuTHROW, May 14, 2022
    #1
  2. Georges C. Win User

    About MSFS2020's Installer

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello K.OuTHROW, this is really weird, you use some antivirus, the something to protect the system that may be giving priority to one and not to the other.

    Also checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

    See which version of Windows 10 you have

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

    Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

    If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

    Download Windows 10

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    Download Windows 11

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Alisson Sabaine Gome Win User

    Flight Simulator 2020 Menu Crash

    I don't understand. Save data for MSFS2020? How i delete this save data or change? My Windows is new clean instalation, and the MSFS2020 too.
  4. Jerrymc333 Win User

    I'm getting an error - Your organization does not allow you to place this file here.

    This aircraft is not from Microsoft. It has its own installation setup into MSFS2020. This program is for cockpit builders and controls hardware and instruments that interface with MSFS2020. The setup worked the first time I installed it but when I tried to install the latest update Windows 10 prevented it. This should not be happening.
  5. Jerrymc333 Win User

    If my installation of MSFS2020 is corrupted can I unstall and re-install it?

    I found the problem thanks to Bernie on the Prosim737 forum. The issue arises when you don't install MSFS2020 on the same drive as Windows in the default location. I'm going to try a couple of work arounds that were suggested but if they don't work I will have to re-install MSFS2020 in the default location.

    Jerry
  6. Ryan355 Win User

    Which files do I copy to transfer Flight Simulator 2020 to another PC?

    Hi guys. So i've recently also wanted to copy over my MSFS2020 from my PC to my laptop and followed the instructions posted by DeckedBeret1566. I have copied the 'Official' and 'Community' folder from my PC (D:\Games\MSFS2020) to my laptop (C:\Games\MSFS2020).
    However when I select (C:\Games\MSFS2020) in the installer, it proceeds to download the entire game from scratch. Perhaps I am missing something?
Thema:

About MSFS2020's Installer

Loading...
  1. About MSFS2020's Installer - Similar Threads - MSFS2020's Installer

  2. Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S not updating to Omega after joining program.: Hi everyone! My Xbox One S has been in the omega program now for a few weeks ever since the disc to digital feature was announced and now that the feature is out to omega users I realized that I...
  3. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  4. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  5. Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Xbox One S issue: I just recently installed insider and have Omega. I installed multiple Xbox One discs older and newer and they seem to not allow claiming the digital license. Maybe I'm confused about something...
  6. Series S/X disc to digital question

    in XboX Insiders
    Series S/X disc to digital question: Can a Series S/X disc be put into a One to redeem the disc to digital license? submitted by /u/Familiar-Bit-6691 [link] [comments]
  7. Disc to Digital (DtD): XBOX One to XBOX X|S Version ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital (DtD): XBOX One to XBOX X|S Version ?: I started to transfer some games today. On my XBOX One X (Alpha Skip Ahead). I have "The Witcher III" XBOX One Disc. I got the digital license - then checked my XBOX Series X (normal Release...
  8. Xbox Series s for digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series s for digital licence: Does anyone know if I use my discs in a Xbox one will i get the license on my series s ?? submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S stuck on E101 after HDD replacement — console was on an Insider flight build,...: Hey everyone, My Xbox One S had a dying internal HDD (E106), so I swapped in a blank SSD. Before the drive died, the console had been enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program. Now it won't get past...
  10. Possibilité d'avoir Xbox série X/S

    in XboX Insiders
    Possibilité d'avoir Xbox série X/S: [Concept UI] Nouvelle interface Xbox Series X – fluide, personnalisable et intelligente Salut les Insiders, Voici un concept d’interface Xbox que j’ai imaginé. L’idée est de garder l’ADN actuel...