About me and friends list issues

Discus and support About me and friends list issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please help! Everytime i click on about me or try to access my friends list i get a " something went wrong" message....it then tells me to uninstall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JMaus-7E947715-886D-4846-8660-95355A40EB1A, Jan 4, 2014.

1. About me and friends list issues

Please help! Everytime i click on about me or try to access my friends list i get a " something went wrong" message....it then tells me to uninstall and try reinstalling....but it doesn't specify what.....anyone else have this problem?

:)

JMaus-7E947715-886D-4846-8660-95355A40EB1A, Jan 4, 2014
  2. chuckles0991
    chuckles0991 Guest
    Friend list issues

I'm going to apologize right now for typing a lot, I just want any/all information to put out so there isn't the matter of a handful of posts trying to explain the issue.

So I have a weird issue with my friend list(s) that's been happening off and on for the past month or so. I can usually get it fixed pretty quickly, so I never bothered to make a thread about it, until it got worse today.

1. First of all, I have two accounts on my xbox. One is this one (GOLD account), that I use primarily to play online/multiplayer games, talk to people, watch Netflix, etc., etc. The other one (SILVER account, only connected to GOLD like twice with this one,
      and they were 48 hr trials) I use mainly to play The Sims 3 for when the internet goes off or I'm bored.
    On the main account (GOLD) I've noticed that my friends list will freeze. It'll still show people get online, like "So&so is online" and I'll be able to see them. So, this'll happen and I'll notice that my list says something like "25 people online" when
    I know that my list isn't THAT active. I'll go to a friend to look at their friend list since I have a lot of mutual friends with people and it'll say on their friend list that someone was "online 3 hours ago" but on mine, it shows that person as still online
    playing a game. What I would do to fix this issue, would be to either turn off the xbox completely and turn it back on, or just sign out of live and back in and the problem would be fixed, everyone is online/offline correctly.

Now today is where my other account started acting screwy

• . I had my main account (GOLD) signed in, and get my second controller and signed into my other account, like you would if you were to play split screen with someone. I started up Sims 3 on the second account, started playing it, and noticed that certain
      people on my friend list had an action like the persons gamertag and right next to it it'll say Netflix, but nothing underneath like the normal (watching a movie/tv show) and it'll say that for hours. I checked mutual friends, and what do you know, it said
      on their list that, that person had been offline for a few hours, where on mine they were still listed as online.
    I saved my game, went to the main screen, signed out of the main account and signed back in. I decided to check my main accounts friend list through the account I had synced with the second controller, and it said " Last online 3 hours ago."
    That struck me as odd, so I figured that maybe it just needed to be updated since I just signed back into that account with the first controller. So I signed out of the account on the second controller and waited a few minutes. I checked my main friend list,
    and it said that the account I had just signed out of was still online playing Sims.

I signed back into the second controller, checked that friend list and it was still saying that Chuckles was last online 3 hours ago so I signed back out. Checked the first controller friend list and it said that account was still online. I got frustrated,
    so I signed out of both accounts, and went to clear the cache thinking that might help. Signed back in, same issue. I turned off xbox completely, turned it back on, signed into the main account, and it still said my second account was still online, Even when
    I signed into my account on here it was saying that my other account was online on the dashboard, when it was only the Gold account signed in now. I signed into the second account on here, checked my list, it was still showing as offline 3 (now
    4) hours ago, even though that account was currently online and on the dashboard.

I shut the xbox down again, signed out of second account on here, turned the xbox back on, signed into the main account, and it finally showed my second account as offline (last online 5 minutes ago). I got the second controller and signed into the second
    account to see if I was still showing up as offline on the main account, and this time it said " Last online 2 minutes ago" .

I have all my settings set to where I appear online to people on my friends list, no body else. My second account is friends with my main account so there is no reason for me to be appearing
    offline in any way to that account, or any others on my friend list.

So I guess the main question, is what is going on here? Is it a problem with my profile if its effecting not only my console, but this website as well? I've considered deleting my profile from the xbox and re-downloading it but I don't
    want to do something that I'm not sure if it'll work or make the situation worse.

I don't think it could be an internet problem, but I'm not opposed to restarting modem/router if that helps, I'd just have to wait for my mothers husband to go to bed. My
    connection to live and the xbox is just fine with an
    open NAT. The xbox I'm using is one that I bought off someone on Ebay 4 years ago, a
    Refurbished 250GB Black Xbox 360 Elite. I've never had any issues with this console considering it's age, used, and refurbished so I'm realllly hoping that it isn't going to start now.

Once again, I apologize for the chunk of text but I don't want to leave anything out that would require several extra posts.

chuckles0991, Jan 4, 2014
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Friends list Issues

Great!! Glad it worked for you. Happy Gaming!!

{Parity}, Jan 4, 2014
  4. About me and friends list issues

Jmaus,

Try power cycling your console. To do this, hold the Xbox console power button until it turns off (approximately 8 seconds), then wait 30 seconds, then turn your console back on and see if this resolves the problem. Power cycling will clear the cache and
    reset the network card which typically resolves a lot of issues. Let us know how it goes.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 4, 2014
  5. doublesit
    doublesit Guest
    i find it so funny that apparently rebooting/powercycling is the most common method to solve any MS related problem ...!

doublesit, Oct 31, 2018
  6. doublesit Win User

i find it so funny that apparently rebooting/powercycling is the most common method to solve any MS related problem ...!
  7. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Jmaus,

Try power cycling your console. To do this, hold the Xbox console power button until it turns off (approximately 8 seconds), then wait 30 seconds, then turn your console back on and see if this resolves the problem. Power cycling will clear the cache and
    reset the network card which typically resolves a lot of issues. Let us know how it goes.
  8. {Parity} Win User

Friends list Issues

Great!! Glad it worked for you. Happy Gaming!!
  9. SpiringData58 Win User

Friends list Issue

Just cleared the alternate MAC and it didnt help either. Not sure if it's supposed to be like one of those over time it should refresh and fix but for now it didnt help
  10. XBF Javier R Win User

Friends list Issue

Hello there fellow gamer,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the consistent missing of some users from your friends list, to which keeps decreasing.

What has been attempted, just so that we do not provide the same steps as to only provide new troubleshooting to lead to the resolution.

If the console is the only device not registering the correct amount of friends, a
    removal of the accountand then adding back of it is recommended.

As well, attempt a soft factory reset of the console, reset and keep games
    and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try the suggested and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. About me and friends list issues - Similar Threads - friends list issues

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  5. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  6. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  7. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  8. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...
  9. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried the following: 1. Removing my account from the xbox 2. Holding down the Xbox power button to hard reset, and unplugged the xbox for several minutes. 3. I then went into the...
  10. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried to reset my Xbox, remove the account then re add it on to the Xbox, my last resort is to just remove everyone i see then re add them. But I am open to any other suggestions....