A question for those who did not install Kinect

Discus and support A question for those who did not install Kinect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received the Xbox One as a holiday gift and am just now getting the time to actually hook it up and begin using it. I have a question about the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by skorba71, Jan 1, 2014.

1. skorba71
    skorba71 Guest

I received the Xbox One as a holiday gift and am just now getting the time to actually hook it up and begin using it. I have a question about the Kinect. I know it is optional and does not have to be hooked up for the Xbox One to work. I am sure I will
    hook it up, but if I do not do it right out of the box, is it true that I will have a constant message in the top corner of the screen that reads something like "Kinect not connected" or something like that, and that this message does not go away? Thanks
    for your help and looking forward to joining you all online!

:)

skorba71, Jan 1, 2014
  2. GodSon_AE
    GodSon_AE Guest
    NBA 2K14 - Game Never Loads

Currently working on my third install. Question for those who got it working. Were you able to play the game while your third install was installing???

GodSon_AE, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Dead Space 3 more gameplay... It's BETTER too...How 'bout that?

Did I say that? A lot more people than just those who have Dance central and Kinect adventures have kinect.

Tatakai no Kami, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

My Sons Kinect is disconnected now and I can confirm there's a constant message in top right of screen ... "Kinect Not Connected" ... it disappears though when in-game.

Lofty Who, Jan 1, 2014
  5. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Just something to think about. I too was going to leave the connect unplugged but to be honest it is a great addition to the system. While I don't think it has been absolutely necessary for any games yet, I have used the voice controll function a lot more
    than I thought I would. It makes moving around do much easier. In my opinion anyway. Give it try. You may be please fly surprise like I was!

DuFFuL, Jan 1, 2014
  6. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    Sorry for the spelling. Stupid phone. That last bit was pleasantly surprised. Lol

DuFFuL, Jan 1, 2014
  7. Kinect is a vital piece of your experience. The "optional" idea is a result of the "too cool for anything" gang that complained, but trust me, you'll love it when you actually use it.

Alex Rodriguez Jr., Jan 1, 2014
  8. proneto911
    proneto911 Guest

You have to have it plugged in for the first update though.

proneto911, Jan 1, 2014
  9. NYJets12
    NYJets12 Guest
    [quote user="proneto911"]

You have to have it plugged in for the first update though.

[/quote]no you don't, I don't have it plugged in never even took it out of the plastic and I still got the update

NYJets12, Jan 1, 2014
  10. It's worth keeping plugged in. Trust me on that...

Galactic Geek, Jan 1, 2014
  11. JacobGRocks
    JacobGRocks Guest
    It will tell you it's not connected if you do not plug it in. You will also lose voice commands and kinect features in games that use them and the dashboard.

It's worth having it plugged in though, it works far better than the old 360 Kinect.

JacobGRocks, Jan 1, 2014
  12. I wouldn't say the Kinect is particularly experience changing if you just want to play some games but it's well worth having set up just to navigate the menus really. They can be hard to find what you're looking for whereas Kinect will take you there instantly.

I never use mine as I sit too close for any gestures to work but it's always plugged in just in case I ever need a voice command. Glad I didn't pay for it separately but seeing as it comes with the console, it's something for nothing I guess.

Dynamic Sausage, Jan 1, 2014
  13. Scottiths
    Scottiths Guest

The gesture controls are kina meh, but the voice controls are just amazing! Try playing with voice commands for a day, and if you decide you don't like it after that I would be supprised. I actually caught myself trying to use voice commands on my DVD
    player that is in the bedroom (no xbox in there).

Scottiths, Jan 1, 2014
  14. If you play in the dark and don't want 3 red lights looking at you, don't plug it in.

The kinect is good for scanning cards, voice control is fine if you want it. If you're in a situation where you have headphones and can't make noise because others are asleep then you're not going to want it on. I can see the point of it, it's just not for
    everyone.

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 1, 2014
  15. The Kinect was a big no buy X1 for me at first. But I went again and preordered the X1...plugged in the Kinect and honestly I am glad I did. I love the fact I can walk into my room and turn on my X1 with my voice and turn it off. I can't use the hand
    gestures as my gaming space is too small but that's okay. Plug in the Kinect and give it a try.

Flint SithLord, Jan 1, 2014
Thema:

1. A question for those who did not install Kinect - Similar Threads - question those did

2. Question: For those who upgraded from XBX to XBSX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: For those who upgraded from XBX to XBSX: I'm curious the opinions of those who upgraded from a XB1X to a XBSX. At this very moment does it truly feel like a $500 upgrade? 0c264b18-2fc9-47c1-905d-904b987d1e7e
  3. Question To Those Experiencing Issues With Audio Cutouts

in XboX Insiders
    Question To Those Experiencing Issues With Audio Cutouts: Of those experiencing the cutouts how many of you are using external ssds/hdds? I played a game installed internally for about 6 hours and had no audio cutouts hopped onto one of my games stored...
  4. Question on purchases of games and my kids playing those games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question on purchases of games and my kids playing those games: I have purchased Minecraft for xbox 360 and downloaded it. I can run it fine. My kids are both xbox gold and play on the same machine. A friend of my kids invited him to a party and to play...
  5. Question for those who successfully downloaded AW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question for those who successfully downloaded AW: Does anyone remember what percentage the download has to be before you can start playing? e436c6bd-d4a8-4533-979d-612adcb98feb
  6. Question for those that have played the puzzle-ish game Flockers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question for those that have played the puzzle-ish game Flockers.: I am a HUGE fan of hard platformer/puzzle type of games. Where you need to do this, to get that.. get that to do this and so on. I've recently watched a short Let's Play on Flockers. I am...
  7. Question to all those in Xbox One clans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question to all those in Xbox One clans: This is a question to all those in clans and communities. With the introduction of the new generation consoles, I've seen many communities have been struggling for numbers - some gamers have not...
  8. Question to those with the Kinectless version/who don't use Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question to those with the Kinectless version/who don't use Kinect: Yes, the menus are very easy to navigate with a controller. Just keep in mind you do loose some features without Kinect. IMO, Kinect is well worth the little extra money!...
  9. Question for those getting black screen when starting games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question for those getting black screen when starting games: I have been getting black screens for starting games as well but when I finally do get the game started I experience unplayable lag and end up timing up from matches. I've tried that with...
  10. Those who choose physical discs - I have a question for you

in XBoX on Consoles
    Those who choose physical discs - I have a question for you: PS gamestop is shutting down stores because of the topic in this thread...digital downloads are the future. That is why gamefly created a digital storefront. Gamestop will do the same, or they...