A question about how the charging system works

Discus and support A question about how the charging system works in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just pre-ordered MK1, and I'm wondering since the premium edition allows you to play early on Sep. 14th does that mean I'll be charged on Sep. 4th or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by George Arango, Aug 29, 2023.

  1. A question about how the charging system works


    I just pre-ordered MK1, and I'm wondering since the premium edition allows you to play early on Sep. 14th does that mean I'll be charged on Sep. 4th or Sep. 9th since the 19th is when the game "officially" releases?

    :)
     
    George Arango, Aug 29, 2023
    #1
  2. George Arango Win User

    A question about how the charging system works

    Hello again,

    Sorry to bother you,

    I was hoping you could also answer these two questions I have? 1.) Is there any way I could pause or even delay the payment for at least a few days until I get the money needed to pay in full? 2.) What happens if I don't have the money to pay when the charge occurs? Will I be charged again later on, or will I need to pre-ordered again?
  3. George Arango Win User

    A question about how the charging system works

    Cool beans. You've been greatly helpful. Thanks again.
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

    A question about how the charging system works

    Per the FAQ - "All pre-orders typically charge customers 10 days before the game release date. This means that you'll need to have a valid payment option on your account at least 10 days before a game release to avoid any billing issues. After a charge on your account has failed for a pre-order, there will be another attempt at a charge a few days later. If that second attempt fails to successfully charge, your pre-order will be canceled, and you'll need to repurchase the desired game again after you have added a valid payment option to your account."

    So, no, you cannot pause/delay the payment. If the payment fails after 2 attempts the pre-order is cancelled and you would need to do the purchase again.
  5. George Arango Win User

    A question about how the charging system works

    Thank you, this is very helpful.
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

    A question about how the charging system works

    Hi there,

    Per the Pre-order FAQ, it depends on how you paid for the pre-order. If you used credit on your account, the payment is done immediately. If paying by credit card, the payment is done roughly 10 days prior to the game's release date.

    For the Premium, Edition, payment would be taking on/around the 4th of September (10 days prior), as that's the release date noted on Xbox's page. If pre-ordering the regular edition, payment would be on/about September 19 as that is its release date.
Thema:

A question about how the charging system works

Loading...
  1. A question about how the charging system works - Similar Threads - question charging system

  2. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  3. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  4. Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Guys quick question when was the last delta insider update?: I have this question because my console say the last update i receive was on 08/092026 we are at the end of the month and I have not receive anything new submitted by /u/Comfortable-Boat5223...
  5. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  6. XBOX Preview Programme Questions

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Preview Programme Questions: Hello all I have joined the XBOX Insider programme I have been through the hub and it says I have joined the preview program, I'm just wondering what the next steps are as there doesn't seem to be...
  7. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  8. How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...

    in XboX Insiders
    How is a question about the future of the ad supported cloud gaming option, a feature being...: My previous post voicing an opinion about limiting Xbox cloud gaming hours and asking what the future of the free ad-supported tier could be (a feature that Xbox insiders have been testing) was...
  9. This is a complex question. I want to take charge of the parental controls on my son's...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    This is a complex question. I want to take charge of the parental controls on my son's...: Is there a way for me to change parental control on my son's Xbox? His mum has all the account passwords, who he doesn't have contact with. My understanding is that if I reset his Xbox it'd render...
  10. Preorder charging question

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Preorder charging question: Hi. I preordered a game that is split between card and microsoft balance. I was wondering if I added the remaining funds to the ms balance would it just use that and not the card at all? Thank...